A Few Thoughts About The Game

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The second I saw Marshawn yucking it up after his TD, I knew we were in trouble. This team is so full of itself it's astounding. These jokers think they actually WON something at 5-1, huh? OK, how's 5-2 looking, tied with Andrew Cassel's team? Buncha dicks out there today, from the coaches on down to each and every player. Dicks.

Well, I'd say that's a little extreme.

Well, I'd say that's a little extreme.

How so? Tell me one aspect of this team that played well today. At least I'm not calling for anyone's head, blaming them for the loss. This entire team played with its collective head up its ass today. Truth hurts. I hope they are so embarassed they finally start playing smashmouth football, because this tenuous 5-1 stretch was deceiving a bunch of people, including the players and coaches. They put forth a high school effort today and deserved a bigger loss than what they were handed. They need to wake the !@#$ up and quick.

The second I saw Marshawn yucking it up after his TD, I knew we were in trouble. This team is so full of itself it's astounding. These jokers think they actually WON something at 5-1, huh? OK, how's 5-2 looking, tied with Andrew Cassel's team? Buncha dicks out there today, from the coaches on down to each and every player. Dicks.

Thought his name was matt.

I completely agree with you. Don't take my comments as a knock on him. We have serious problems running the ball with any consistency and why we can't cover better is beyond me. But, Trent missed a few throws early. To his credit he seemed to settle down, but then Miami got the pressure on him and forced a few mistakes. No way do I lay this loss squarely at his feet or suggest he shouldn't start. But, I stand by my early comment - Trent had a bad day.

Trent had a bad day because people like Peters can't block, and (not naming any names), but we were dropping passes all over the place and turning the ball over. Fix those mistakes and all you guys are going to say he had a great game.

Trent had a bad day because people like Peters can't block, and (not naming any names), but we were dropping passes all over the place and turning the ball over. Fix those mistakes and all you guys are going to say he had a great game.

He had his typical solid game in many respects. I don't fault him for the INT at all. But the fumble on the sneak was absolutely boneheaded and was a huge turning point in the game.

How so? Tell me one aspect of this team that played well today. At least I'm not calling for anyone's head, blaming them for the loss. This entire team played with its collective head up its ass today. Truth hurts. I hope they are so embarassed they finally start playing smashmouth football, because this tenuous 5-1 stretch was deceiving a bunch of people, including the players and coaches. They put forth a high school effort today and deserved a bigger loss than what they were handed. They need to wake the !@#$ up and quick.

You call Lynch a dick for being happy after he made an astoundingly good touchdown run and wonder why I call you the comment a little extreme? Yes, the Bills blew it today, but to say they're dicks and acting cocky is a little much IMO.

That would be Matt Cassel. Dick.

You call Lynch a dick for being happy after he made an astoundingly good touchdown run and wonder why I call you the comment a little extreme? Yes, the Bills blew it today, but to say they're dicks and acting cocky is a little much IMO.

Relax, there cochise, I wasn't saying that they ARE dicks, but that they WERE dicks, as in, TODAY. Is the word too strong? Is "!@s holes" better? To me, they are interchangeable and equally applicable.

1) Say what you will about Elison, but he was all over the field. In fact, I would think he was our best defender today.

2) Get well #94. The pass rush was a literal disgrace.

3) Peters did give up the sack, but overall, the blind side was pretty well protected. Even on the sack, Dockery was sleeping. Btw, Dockery never played a worse game as a member of the Buffalo Bills. He was absolutely brutal to watch.

4) A disaster like this is exactly what made the San Diego win so important. See.....there is some good news.

5) I understand why they started Mcgee, I really do. You hate to start a rookie on the road, in a divisional game. OK.....I get it. But, at some point you need to get him off of the field when he is getting absolutely f :beer: ing murdered on virtually every play. I mean....WTF!!?? Oh yeah, Jauron was out-coached today.

6) Robert Royal is playing his way off of this team. Not this year mind you, but I will be shocked to see him in Buffalo next year. Forgive me if I shed no tears.

7) McKelvin is killing me on kickoff returns. He either trots, or runs smack into a defender.

8) Trent looked a bit late on a few of his passes today, but I think that he threw pretty well overall.

9) Hard to tell, but I thought that Marshawn had an open field, or at least a ton of room when he dropped the pass in stride, right in his hands.

10) Before Whitner was flattened by Chad Pennington, he did a good job of stringing out the play. I hope he is pissed off, embarrassed, and has a great game next week. We need him to take over a game.

11) Losing Josh Reed really hurts. Hardy needs more work, and Parrish is more of a gimmick player than a legit #2 wideout. Sorry, it's the truth.

12) Yeah, this sucked, but a win next week would go far to erase this nightmare.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bill, you're being way too easy on Trent. He had a lot of bad throws and bad decisions today. A bunch. He hit the ground 2-3 times on easy short passes. He made bad turnovers. He held the ball too long when being sacked. He threw the ball into tight coverage. He sat glumly on the bench. If JP did that, you'd have an entire thread to discuss it. Certainly he didn't lose the game on his own but he was pretty bad today. He was outplayed by the opposing castoff QB.

He didn't play so well overall, but I refuse to back the "excuse truck" into the loading dock.

Believe it or not, I thought that he had more zip on some of his throws today but again, a couple of them were late.

At his experience level, he is more than entitled to an off day. Trent Edwards is truly the least of the Bufalo Bills Football Team's worries.

Here are my thoughts Bill...

Earlier in the day ESPN did a feature on Edwards, and his fourth quarter heroics, where he talked about how he would look into the eyes of his offense and then the opposing defense and knew that his team wanted it more in the fourth quarter. Well the Buffalo Bills got seriously owned by the Dolphins in that fourth quarter.

To me it looked like the entire team from the coaches on down to the special teams players didn't give a 100% effort. They did not look into this game.

I heard an interview on Sirius NFL radio this morning with Terrence McGee and a question was asked whether there was more intensity this week because they were finally playing a divisional game. His response was the placid, to paraphrase "Well no, because every week is just as intense no matter who we're playing." Wrong answer, divisional games should add a little somethin somethin' to a previously 5-1 team's intensity level.

I'm getting angry at the deferring to the second half of games after winning the toss. You're on the road facing a divisional opponent and your objective is to score early and often and take the crowd out of the freaking game. Jauron's decision ended up with the Dolphins grabbing a 7-0 lead and his Bills team playing in the hole from the outset.

It will be very interesting to see how this team responds playing the Favre led New York Jets next week.

This was exactly the kind of game where having a real Beast in the backfield could have swung the game in our favor.

Cant rely on Trent to win them all for us. ML never has and I am beginning to think never will be able to carry a game for us.

I thought Peters smothered Porter most of the day one on one. Unfortunately for him, he got beat at a bad time. That said, Dockery made a poor effort to help Peters there and it was a three man rush.

Ginn was the biggest reason we lost today. Wobbled throws five seconds in the air still found him wide open. We had a nine point lead after a great third quarter drive and he catches a crossing route for 60 yards to put them back in the game.

Trent Edwards fumble on the short yardage conversion on the next possession was a dumb play by a smart player.

Royal's fumble was a dumb play by a veteran, getting the first is the hard part of the play, now protect the ball.

Jauron going for the field goal on the first possession was a weasel call.

Lynch's drop on the screen may have been a huge play. I thought #23 played pretty well.

It appeared in the 4th Q, Trent was throwing every play to Lee Evans. Hardy seems to come to a stop every time the ball comes his way. Rarely see him catch it in stride. With Reed out, he has to step up.

Here are my thoughts Bill...

Earlier in the day ESPN did a feature on Edwards, and his fourth quarter heroics, where he talked about how he would look into the eyes of his offense and then the opposing defense and knew that his team wanted it more in the fourth quarter. Well the Buffalo Bills team got seriously owned by the Dolphins in that fourth quarter.

To me it looked like the entire team from the coaches on down to the special teams players didn't give a 100% effort. They did not look into this game.

I heard an interview on Sirius NFL radio this morning with Terrence McGee and a question was asked whether there was more intensity this week because they were finally playing a divisional game. His response was the placid, to paraphrase "Well no, because every week is just as intense no matter who we're playing." Wrong answer, divisional games should add a little somethin somethin' to a previously 5-1 team's intensity level.

I'm getting angry at the deferring to the second half of games after winning the toss. You're on the road facing a divisional opponent and your objective is to score early and often and take the crowd out of the freaking game. Jauron's decision ended up with the Dolphins grabbing a 7-0 lead and his Bills team playing in the hole from the outset.

It will be very interesting to see how this team responds playing the Favre led New York Jets next week.

Farve is washed up. We should beat the Jests by 10 pts.

This is laughable. Get the Teflon Trent rose colored glasses off. He was crappy today in many respects.

Watching out tripping on your own Dick. You obviously are expert on it.

The difference between today's Trent and other games' Trent was that the 'Phins were dropping everyone into coverage, and making our WRs and Trent beat them with precise, "stick" throws. They couldn't get it done. Part of the problem was the failure to utilize the backs in the passing game enough (they used them, but not creatively, and not as primary options save the dropped screen). That, and not having a starting-caliber tight end (when oh when will this team decide to get one?) is what killed us against the cover-8.