A Few Thoughts About The Game

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As good as he was last week, he was that bad this week. He bit on every fake move the phins made yesterday and was left high and dry several times. He had a terrible game.

The defense as a whole did not play that bad. we turned it over 4 times and still only lost by 9.

Oh yeah and who chased down Ginn on that 64 yard gain when Whitner was juked out of his cleats?

Mitchell was not the problem by any stretch. Our inability to put constant pressure on Pennington was the problem.

The defense as a whole did not play that bad. we turned it over 4 times and still only lost by 9.

Seriously? Dan Marino Chad Pennington threw for over 300 yards, completing more than 70% of his passes, without a turnover. That's abysmal, IMO.

Seriously? Dan Marino Chad Pennington threw for over 300 yards, completing more than 70% of his passes, without a turnover. That's abysmal, IMO.

We give up chunks of yards every game, who gives a sh-t? i am talking about points, thats all that matters. No one wins games on stats.

Mitchell was not the problem by any stretch. Our inability to put constant pressure on Pennington was the problem.

Well that and covering Ginn...at all...just a little...once even...

That being said this loss was due to the Offense's inability to do anything other than GIVE The Fish the Ball for the last 25 mins of the Game...I'll say it again, and God knows I'm sick of writing this...but Our last 5 posessions went 3 and out, INT, Fumble, Safety, Fumble...

It seemed to Me that after We scored the TD to start the Half Our Offense just let up like the Game was over...That TD Drive was just a little too easy I guess...It seemed like Miami's D was wearing down already and at that point the Bills had scored 16 unanswered Points...It just seemed to Me that the Offense thought they had Won the Game at that point...And from there on they kinda tried to mail it in...Miami never stopped bringing it on Defense and we looked like we were sleep walking all of a sudden...I think this Bills Team got a little too full of themselves and forgot they can't just walk on the Field and chalk one up in the Win column...They are not that good yet...They have to scrap and grind for the full 60 mins...That's all there is to it... :sick:

We give up chunks of yards every game, who gives a sh-t? i am talking about points, thats all that matters. No one wins games on stats.

If you look at the play-by-play, you'll see that the defense was responsible for allowing 20 of Miami's points, and the offense was responsible for the other 5. I believe the magnitude of our problems on offense--most notably our pass protection issues--outweighed the things that were wrong with our defense. But let's not pretend the defense had a great game yesterday. It didn't.

If you look at the play-by-play, you'll see that the defense was responsible for allowing 20 of Miami's points, and the offense was responsible for the other 5. I believe the magnitude of our problems on offense--most notably our pass protection issues--outweighed the things that were wrong with our defense. But let's not pretend the defense had a great game yesterday. It didn't.

Not that far off, but when the O turns it over and we have the D trot back out w/o a decent breather it takes its toll. As good a shape as these guys may be in it is hot on that field and it makes even tougher.

Priority 1 is a pass rusher. I know Schobel didnt play but having just 1 solid guy to put pressure on the QB wont cut it. look at the Giants, they fly around from everywhere. We need some of that depth and talent here.

Priority 1 is a pass rusher. I know Schobel didnt play but having just 1 solid guy to put pressure on the QB wont cut it. look at the Giants, they fly around from everywhere. We need some of that depth and talent here.

And though I like Schobel, he's not applying pressure this year either. There was no more pressure on the QB yesterday than any other game besides the Seahawks.

It hurts that the Bills can't blitz because the corners seemingly can't be trusted 1-on-1 with WRs.

Agreed. I played the tape of Peters and Dockery being split apart for that sack, three times. How can almost 700 pounds of millionaire on the hoof be pushed aside by one smaller dude, and not even slow him down enough for him to arrive at the QB too late? I don't think Peters returned to the lineup. He's been kidnapped and they inserted a eunich in his place so no one would know. Pay the ransom, Ralph!

It looked like Dockery was just waiting for someone to appear from the inside of the line- bad line call? But when he bumped (nudged) Porter, there's no way he couldn't have seen Peters was beat and stayed on the block as he'd given up the inside... Also, no way does Peters need to take that depth of drop with pitchforks in his back anticipating what, that Porters was going to rush begind the endzone to get to TE?

:wallbash::lol::lol::lol::lol::D Dead on!!!

Har har har hee hee hoo hoo ha ha. Um, Bills up 16-7 (two scores) in the middle of the Third Quarter, but end up losing by 9 points, due to multiple ridiculous implosions at almost every position. I'm not one who made a prediction, but those who did certainly don't have to just accept THIS loss because they expected 3 or 4 of them in the season. So for you guys to laugh at THEM is sorta stupid.

The problem is that all good football teams can do 2 basic things. Run the ball consistently and rush the passer. No one has talked about this yet, but doesn't it raise a few eyebrows that neither of our running backs have broke the 100 yard mark? Actually, they haven't even gotten close. I understand that because both RB's get time, Lynch isn't consisntently getting 20-25 reps a game, but still, our running game is terribly inconsistent.

Indeed, the Bills rank 22nd in the NFL with only 102 rushing yards per game and 3.8 yards per carry. Our biggest, heaviest offensive line in the game just isn't getting it done right now.

JDG