Game balls?

Beerball

Offense: Edwards

Defense: Mitchell---3 huge plays

ST: Corto

Hard to argue with that.

Curious about a couple of things...Ashton did not play...is that correct? Did McCargo play? How did Duke do (Duke do...is that offensive?)?

Hard to argue with that.

Curious about a couple of things...Ashton did not play...is that correct? Did McCargo play? How did Duke do (Duke do...is that offensive?)?

I thought Preston looked great. I didn't see Youboty much. Did he go out? McKelvin will continue to learn. Game balls to Mitchell, Edwards and Corto

Mitchell without question. Kyle Williams and Marcus Stroud deserve some credit as LT had 9 runs for 2 yards or less.

Trent Edwards on the offense. Freddy Jackson with the pancake block deserves some love.

Yeah, can't forget Freddy. Great block and outstanding running to get that last first down.

I loved the way Marshawn was riding his back on the way to the sidelines after the TD.

Definitely Kawika Mitchell on Defense

Jon Corto on Special Teams

and I would give two on offense...Trent Edwards (amazing performance) and "Fast" Freddy Jackson (made some solid running plays, was pushing linebackers and d-backs all over the field which culminated in the planting of Jammer on Lynch's TD run)

GO 5-1 BILLS!!!

From what I saw/hear/read, it was Trent's best performance ever, to date.

How about the line play, though?

Edwards had all day to throw. It was the first game all season that the lineman were out ahead of RBs on the edge several times. Still no push up front in zone blocking situations.

Preston was much much better than Fowler. No issues on shotgun plays.

Mitchell. monster 4th quarter wins the game. he's officially a bill now. it's nice having a guy coming off a super bowl win on your side. the guy brings great energy

I was thinking the same thing. A huge pick and a forced fumble to ice the game in front of the home fans. What a great "coronation"!

Game Balls:

1.) Melvin Fowler. BUH BUH BUH BYE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2.) Trent Edwards. Spreading the ball around to as many options while being a good decision maker looks pretty damn, easy now does it.

3.) Fred Jackson. I am going to fire up the boards right here...right now...we are better served with Fred Jackson starting over Marshawn.

4.) Kavika. Wathc the highlights, he just made ESPN. Who knows, maybe Berman will have a new nickname for our boy.

3.) Fred Jackson. I am going to fire up the boards right here...right now...we are better served with Fred Jackson starting over Marshawn.

WRONG. The team is better served with BOTH of them running the ball. Freddie finds holes and uses his speed, Marshawn punishes the DBs every time he gets the ball and just wears them down. Together they are formidable and I don't see the point messing with the good thing we got going now.

WRONG. The team is better served with BOTH of them running the ball. Freddie finds holes and uses his speed, Marshawn punishes the DBs every time he gets the ball and just wears them down. Together they are formidable and I don't see the point messing with the good thing we got going now.

His point was that Jackson starts. He wasn't denying Lynch playing. I agree with him, Jackson should start at this point. Jackson is just a better player at this point in their careers.

Wearing people down with 2 yard gains is not getting it done. Tell me we wouldn't have done better if Jackson didn't get more touches and I'll say you haven't watched the same game.

I do see the good thing by changing it. We got by on D not offense. We need a 100 yard rusher and a 30 yard bruiser, not vice-versa.

Offense: Edwards

Defense: Mitchell---3 huge plays

ST: Corto

Agreed....and easy choices.

Mitchell's 3d and 2d stop on Spoul on the outside was a huge play; and obviously the INT was a potential game saver and fumble the clincher.

Trent just continues to impress. Outstanding play today.

Some honorable mentions:

Jackson -- burying Jammer on the Lynch TD was my favorite moment of the game. And he ran hard, especially on the final drive to kill the clock.

Evans -- great game. His effort on the 3d down to get the first when they were backed up in their own end was an outstanding effort.

Lindell -- yet another big kick to make it a two score game and put SD into desperation mode.

Oline -- pass protection was outstanding.

To me this was easily the most complete game they have played and the most impressive win. I was not totally sold before this game, but I most certainly am now. :beer: