If Palin was a Democrat - Would she get as much sh*t

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would Sarah Palin be the butt of as many jokes if she were a Democrat?

Just curious what everyone thinks

I am thinking your avatar may have something to do with it. Not sure precisely how...

Seriously yes, she gets a lot of flack. IMO as a Dem she would get way less.

There is zero chance that the Democrats would ever nominate Sarah Palin. Zero. If that sounds elitist, it's because it is. Democrats are a completely different kind of stupid. They make decisions as stupid as the decision to nominate Sarah Palin. They have members who make decisions which are equivalent to the stupidity of Sarah Palin. They have book smart or educated members of their party that don't have the political qualities and talent of Sarah Palin. But they would never ever ever nominate someone as totally oblivious to the world as Sarah Palin.

IF Sarah Palin were a Democrat, which is impossible, but if she was, then no, she wouldn't get hit with as many jokes as this particular Sarah Palin.

Who is, of course, herself a joke.

I don't know. Maybe. Though I have to say if Obama picked a Dem Palin he'd likely be in a world of hurt.

I would certainly be disappointed and likely appalled that the Dem nominee would choose such an unqualified VP when there were so many better choices. The Democratic Palin would be so cringe-worthy I don't think I could stand to watch or listen to them and I'd seriously question my nominees judgment.

Though you have to admit - other than Spiro Agnew and Dan Qualye, there haven't been many more unqualified and divisive VPs in a long time. Even Cheney didn't have nearly the "Dr. Evil" characterizations at the time, but he certainly was considered qualified.

Generally, I think the Republican VPs have been well selected, which makes the Palin choice by McCain that much more puzzling. Kay Baily Hutchinson would have been a much better selection.

It is a different skill set, Biden like Bush doesn't suffer from a lack of intelligence, just a severe case of hoof in mouth disease. Biden actually cares about it Bush doesn't. Palin appears oblivious... different skill set.

Not that it makes that much difference. Just different... Is it okay to be different???? :thumbsup:

It is a different skill set, Biden like Bush doesn't suffer from a lack of intelligence, just a severe case of hoof in mouth disease. Biden actually cares about it Bush doesn't. Palin appears oblivious... different skill set.

Not that it makes that much difference. Just different... Is it okay to be different???? B-)

What a bunch of crap! Biden is as dumb as they come. Because he's a dummycrat, it's ok to be "different" :thumbsup:

It's a shame the press nor SNL nor any comedians made fun of Al Gore and his statuesque demeanor. Remember all the "sighing" he did in that one debate? They could have jumped all over that. Or that horse-faced Kerry. Why didn't anyone joke about that? And that Hillary. Why didn't I ever see any jokes about her being a man or anything?

Yeah it sucks to be a Republican and have everyone make fun of you.

Not that it makes that much difference. Just different... Is it okay to be different???? :thumbsup:

What's your basis for saying Biden is intelligent, and Palin is not?

(Other then media innuendo, I mean.)

I'd say this mental train wreck has a little more to do with it. Even if she was unprepared. Even if it was only her second big-time interview. And then, afterward, she (and the McCain campaign) had the gall to blame everyone but herself for her performance. Palin's gotten as much sh-- as she has b/c she invited it.

They did. You couldn't miss that.

I believe Dan was being a tad facetious.

I'd say this mental train wreck has a little more to do with it. Even if she was unprepared. Even if it was only her second big-time interview. And then, afterward, she (and the McCain campaign) had the gall to blame everyone but herself for her performance. Palin's gotten as much sh-- as she has b/c she invited it.

That was one of her better answers, too. :thumbsup: She has a 9th grader's understanding of the world at large, and the issues of the day, and the things she needs to know to perform that job -- outside of the relatively few things that apply to the national and world stage, like energy, that she had to directly deal with as governor of Alaska for two years.

Joe Biden says stupid things. Obama and McCain both say stupid things. All three make gaffes and mistakes. Sarah Palin is a simpleton and has no business whatsoever being close to the most important, most strenuous, and most intellectually taxing job in the world.

I am thinking your avatar may have something to do with it. Not sure precisely how...

Seriously yes, she gets a lot of flack. IMO as a Dem she would get way less.

You guys serious, with Drudge, Rush, Michael Savage, let alone Hannity and what he did with Hillary.... Please, you guys are smoking some smack. Sure, sure you keep believing your own press conspiracy whining.

Go stick you head in a toilet and wash you mouth out with soap before you repeat any more of this ludicrous drivel. :thumbsup:B-):wallbash: :wallbash: :blink:;) ;) :wallbash: