If Palin was a Democrat - Would she get as much sh*t

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was one of her better answers, too. :thumbsup: She has a 9th grader's understanding of the world at large, and the issues of the day, and the things she needs to know to perform that job -- outside of the relatively few things that apply to the national and world stage, like energy, that she had to directly deal with as governor of Alaska for two years.

Joe Biden says stupid things. Obama and McCain both say stupid things. All three make gaffes and mistakes. Sarah Palin is a simpleton and has no business whatsoever being close to the most important, most strenuous, and most intellectually taxing job in the world.

IMO all four of them have a 9th graders understanding of how the world works. Do you really think Obama - to take an example - really has a clue about business, main street or wall street? I think all of them believe money just comes from somewhere. You just need to appropriate it! And think about foreign policy - what was the most dangerous and intractible opponent any of them ever actually dealt with across a negotiating table? Are they prepared to face off personally with NK, Iran, or Russia?

What's your basis for saying Biden is intelligent, and Palin is not?

(Other then media innuendo, I mean.)

I didn't say she was unintelligent, just oblivious. Jeez you guys twist words to fit your own little full of it box. Just that under pressure it seems to walk from her mouth and mind and she comes across as a rodeo drive blond. She obviously has other skills sets that fit her abilities and intelligence better, but answering direct questions about her weakenesses in an intelligent manner isn't one of them. Welcome to the big leagues.

IMO all four of them have a 9th graders understanding of how the world works. Do you really think Obama - to take an example - really has a clue about business, main street or wall street? I think all of them believe money just comes from somewhere. You just need to appropriate it! And think about foreign policy - what was the most dangerous and intractible opponent any of them ever actually dealt with across a negotiating table? Are they prepared to face off personally with NK, Iran, or Russia?

I understand what you are saying, but I think it's completely false. McCain, Biden and Obama surely do not totally understand the intricacies of what is going on in the economy the way an economist would, or global warming the way a scientist who studies it would, or energy or virtually any other category the way an authority in any of those things would. But they all understand the basic tenets of it, and could talk sensibly, for an hour on the intricacies of any of them. You may think they are totally wrong or lost or stupid, but that would be because your personal beliefs or understanding of that issue conflicts with theirs.

That is not anything like Palin's problem. She just doesn't know. She's never studied it, she's only peripherally followed it, she has little curiosity to delve deep into it, and her brain seems to be unable to process a lot of it. Even listening closely to her talk about energy, the thing she is supposed to know, is alarming. She couldn't speak for one or two sentences on those important topics.

Look at her answer to Sean Hannity in a recent interview (you know, those pesky things McCain won't really let her do because she cannot answer even the most simple question even after being prepared for them?)

PALIN: "Certainly it is a mess though, the economy is a mess. And there have been abuses on Wall Street and that adversely affects Main Street.

And it's that commitment that John McCain is articulating today, getting in there, reforming the way that Wall Street has been allowed to work, stopping the abuses and that violation of the public trust that too many CEOs and top management of some of these companies, that abuse there has got to stop.

It is, somebody was saying this morning, a toxic waste there on Wall Street, affecting Main Street. And we've got to cure this."

HANNITY: "Through reform?"

PALIN: "Through reform, absolutely. Look at the oversight that has been lax, I believe, here it's a 1930s type of regulatory regime overseeing some of these corporations. And we've got to get a more coordinated and a much more stringent oversight regime. Not that government is going to be solely looked to for the answers in all of the problems in Wall Street, but government can play a very, very appropriate role in the oversight as people are trusting these companies with their life savings, with their investments, with their insurance policies and construction bonds and everything else. When we see the collapse that we're seeing today, you know that something is broke and John McCain has a great plan to get in there and fix it."

HANNITY: "Is Senator Obama then using what happened on Wall Street this week? Is he using it for political gain? Is there a danger of a presidential candidate is saying to the world that America's situation of economic crisis is the worst that we've seen in decades -- which was words that he was using yesterday -- is there a danger in terms of the world hearing that?"

PALIN: "Well, there is a danger in allowing some obsessive partisanship to get into the issue that we're talking about today. And that's something that John McCain too, his track record, proving that he can work both sides of the aisle, he can surpass the partisanship that must surpassed to deal with an issue like this. It is that profound and that important an issue that we work together on this and not just let one party try to kind of grab it all or capture it all and pretend like they have all the answers. It's going to take everybody working together on this."

She's a moron. And dangerous.

I understand what you are saying, but I think it's completely false. McCain, Biden and Obama surely do not totally understand the intricacies of what is going on in the economy the way an economist would, or global warming the way a scientist who studies it would, or energy or virtually any other category the way an authority in any of those things would. But they all understand the basic tenets of it, and could talk sensibly, for an hour on the intricacies of any of them. You may think they are totally wrong or lost or stupid, but that would be because your personal beliefs or understanding of that issue conflicts with theirs.

That is not anything like Palin's problem. She just doesn't know. She's never studied it, she's only peripherally followed it, she has little curiosity to delve deep into it, and her brain seems to be unable to process a lot of it. Even listening closely to her talk about energy, the thing she is supposed to know, is alarming. She couldn't speak on those topics for one or two sentences on those important topics.

Look at her answer to Sean Hannity in a recent interview (you know, those pesky things McCain won't really let her do because she cannot answer even the most simple question even after being prepared for them?)

Nah, both of them were speaking in tongues. :thumbsup:

In my opinion people are too easy on her. She's a completely unqualified candidate and someone I wouldn't vote for dog catcher much less vice president no matter what party she ran under. (Well except if she ran with the Alaskan Independence Party because I'm totally down with them.)

You guys serious, with Drudge, Rush, Michael Savage, let alone Hannity and what he did with Hillary.... Please, you guys are smoking some smack. Sure, sure you keep believing your own press conspiracy whining.

Go stick you head in a toilet and wash you mouth out with soap before you repeat any more of this ludicrous drivel. :D:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: B-):wallbash: :wallbash:

We were talking about jokes. That means the media, TV shows, general public, etc. At least to me it does. While, I haven't read Drudge in years so can't speak about him, the other 3 are not part of the media IMO. They are merely interesting to listen to on occasion. Rush is very good at his job, but it it ain't media.

We were talking about jokes. That means the media, TV shows, general public, etc. At least to me it does. While, I haven't read Drudge in years so can't speak about him, the other 3 are not part of the media IMO. They are merely interesting to listen to on occasion. Rush is very good at his job, but it it ain't media.

Why isn't radio media?

It does, however, make me laugh when the right speaks of this vast liberal media, when talk radio, an enormous business and influence which reaches tens and tens of millions of people, a huge and influential element of the mainstream media, is about 90% Republican.

Why isn't radio media?

Media (to me) implies they are reporting something not spinning and/or purposefully distorting fact. I would style them as shills. Some people think they are the media. I guess its a difference in viewpoint. I realize that you could throw out most of the actually reporting media by my definition. It has nothing to do with the actual type of "reporting" (TV, Radio, Internet, Newspaper, or Carrier Pigeon) simply the people listed.

Media (to me) implies they are reporting something not spinning and/or purposefully distorting fact. I would style them as shills. Some people think they are the media. I guess its a difference in viewpoint. I realize that you could throw out most of the actually reporting media by my definition. It has nothing to do with the actual type of "reporting" (TV, Radio, Internet, Newspaper, or Carrier Pigeon) simply the people listed.

I guess. There is very little actual reporting by unbiased sources though. By that definition, 90% of media is not media. In fact, laughably, the dictionary.com definition of media starts with "radio". :D

1. a pl. of medium.

2. (usually used with a plural verb) the means of communication, as radio and television, newspapers, and magazines, that reach or influence people widely: The media are covering the speech tonight.

I guess. There is very little actual reporting by unbiased sources though. By that definition, 90% of media is not media. In fact, laughably, the dictionary.com definition of media starts with "radio". :D

1. a pl. of medium.

2. (usually used with a plural verb) the means of communication, as radio and television, newspapers, and magazines, that reach or influence people widely: The media are covering the speech tonight.

Well it was those 3 in particular that I find particularly to be completely untrustworthy. Don't get me wrong, the left has it's share too. RFK Jr springs to mind immediately. One would expect them to heckle the alternate world Dem Palin no matter her credentials. So to me they don't enter the equation in this. If you mean are they on the radio and thus part of the media, then yes I guess they are.

It is a different skill set, Biden like Bush doesn't suffer from a lack of intelligence, just a severe case of hoof in mouth disease. Biden actually cares about it Bush doesn't. Palin appears oblivious... different skill set.

Not that it makes that much difference. Just different... Is it okay to be different???? :D

That's the thing... I think they were talking about the W movie and how the one thing that W does not do is "self-examine/evaluate." I get the same feeling with Palin.

It's a shame the press nor SNL nor any comedians made fun of Al Gore and his statuesque demeanor. Remember all the "sighing" he did in that one debate? They could have jumped all over that. Or that horse-faced Kerry. Why didn't anyone joke about that? And that Hillary. Why didn't I ever see any jokes about her being a man or anything?

Yeah it sucks to be a Republican and have everyone make fun of you.

They did. Remember "Lock Box."

?

Wimpy Repig whiners. Even Palin last night on SNL has more balls then the rw posters on this board.

Easy to say sitting on your ass in your yellow stained shorts. But you know god damn well she be the jackass's golden calf if she was a Dem. That is why Lib/Dems are furious, because Ah Salim Obama should have chosen Billary as his running mate. John McCain was one step ahead of him and did a genius move. After Obama chose Biden he couldn't go back and say "uh, uh I mean Hillary." now could he , although it would suprise anyone who is used to the flipflop antics of the left. :D

Easy to say sitting on your ass in your yellow stained shorts. But you know god damn well she be the jackass's golden calf if she was a Dem. That is why Lib/Dems are furious, because Ah Salim Obama should have chosen Billary as his running mate. John McCain was one step ahead of him and did a genius move. After Obama chose Biden he couldn't go back and say "uh, uh I mean Hillary." now could he , although it would suprise anyone who is used to the flipflop antics of the left. :D

Ah give us more credit, we might be saying some of that, just like you are about Palin, but in private we would be ducking our heads and wincing. Only true believers get out and cheer for this kind of crap.

All I suggest if she gets into office is duck and cover!

A genius move?

As it stands, Palin's polling numbers are daunting: with the unfolding economic crisis, her favorable to unfavorable ratings have switched from a positive 40-30, according to a September 12-16 New York Times survey, to a negative 32-41 in an October 10-13 survey.

Norman Ornstein, of the American Enterprise Institute, agrees about the immediate gains, noting that the "short term boost dissipated awfully quickly. Palin's clear lack of capability to serve as VP, much less as president, her lack of knowledge of even basics about most areas of policy, her ethical problems in Alaska over Troopergate, and the campaign decision to cloister her from serious scrutiny, all caused a drop in her own approval, but also reflected on McCain's decision-making style." Palin continues to "generate enthusiasm from hard-core Republicans who would not be as charged-up if the running mate were, say, a [Mitt] Romney or [Tim] Pawlenty," Ornstein says, "but the downside is definitely greater than the gain."

That is not anything like Palin's problem. She just doesn't know. She's never studied it, she's only peripherally followed it, she has little curiosity to delve deep into it, and her brain seems to be unable to process a lot of it. Even listening closely to her talk about energy, the thing she is supposed to know, is alarming. She couldn't speak for one or two sentences on those important topics.

I think it is worse than you describe.

Sure they do not have the understanding of the economy that an economist does. But they do not even have the understanding of the economy that an average shopkeeper does. Do they have any experience running a business, and being responsible for generating income? Do they even know the overhead behind a salary? Do they understand how labor and environmental regulations impact a business? Sure, people tell them stuff - but their picture is limited to the spin of whoever had their ear last. None of them has ever had to make a business decision, weighing the benefits of expenditure against the revenue it will produce.

Same with science. These are not guys who don't happen to be experts in climate change. They are people who essentially have no scientific training at all (except McCain, minimally), pursued non-technical careers, and (other than McCains experience as a pilot) have never even worked indirectly in a technical environment. I have seen nothing to suggest that they know even as much as an average teenager.

You talk about Palin's lack of curiosity - both she and McCain have shown enough curiosity to get engaged in Climate Change, bucking their party's base. What is Obama's track record on science? He is curiously silent on climate change, sticking with the platform but decidely not making it an issue - I suspect he will do nothing meaningfull once in office, his priorities are elsewhere. And his original plan called for gutting NASA to pay for the first year of pre-school education (since softened once Florida came into play). The picture I get is of someone who has no interest in science beyond what it does for him politically.

Just curious - what does Obama say in his books about the impact of science on his life?