If Palin was a Democrat - Would she get as much sh*t

Ah give us more credit, we might be saying some of that, just like you are about Palin, but in private we would be ducking our heads and wincing. Only true believers get out and cheer for this kind of crap.

All I suggest if she gets into office is duck and cover!

Why? What do you expect from a VP ? What did Cheney do? What did Gore do(except invent blue jeans and the internet)? She runs a state. I am sure she is as qualified as oh say Billary. Who hasen't run anything, except her husband, in her life.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys serious, with Drudge, Rush, Michael Savage, let alone Hannity and what he did with Hillary.... Please, you guys are smoking some smack. Sure, sure you keep believing your own press conspiracy whining.

None of those sources of media get as much exposure as CBS, NBC, Fox (I know Hannity is there, but he has Colmes), etc.. Most people think from the main-stream sources.

I agree with Kelly on this to a large degree, but I disagree that Bush is bright who sticks his foot in his mouth. I think the guy is a complete dumbass who would barely pass high-school without help. I think part of his dumbassness is, and I honestly believe this, his memory going bye-bye and he might be suffering from memory and recollection loss. He was more articulate as a governor.

I still say Palin wouldn't get as much attention if she was a Dem, and there would be more "women's rights" calling this sexist behavior. I don't think she suffers from memory loss or problems with general recollection, but is a genuine dumbass who scares me to think she could be the head of state. Even though that is true, Obama and Biden scare me more with their policies that are as dumbass as they come.

Would Sarah Palin be the butt of as many jokes if she were a Democrat?

Just curious what everyone thinks

No. Nancy Pelosi's just as nuts. She gets a pass.

So many "anti-establishment" fringe groups are perceived to fall under the "Democratit Party" that I think there's an expectation that Republicans are far more homogenous, and hence any deviation from the expected "normal" behavior is perceived as a wider variance than it may be. We have groups in this country, ostensibly "Democratic", who dance naked in the street to protest fried chicken...with THAT range of behavior associated with the party, "Sarah Palin as Democrat" would be downright normal.

Plus...the label defines the person much more than the person defines the label. If Sarah Palin were a Democrat, she'd be "pro-feminism" simply for being a Democrat, without changing the beliefs.

no way she can be a democrat she is not a baby killer

My point was that she would be if she were a Democrat.

If she says "I don't support abortion, but I think women have the right to decide for themselves" as a Republican, people would focus more on the "I don't support abortion" half the statement. As a democrat, the "I think women have the right to decide for themselves." Or better example, "John McCain = George Bush". The labels determine the position at least as often as the positions determine the label.

If she says "I don't support abortion, but I think women have the right to decide for themselves" as a Republican, people would focus more on the "I don't support abortion" half the statement. As a democrat, the "I think women have the right to decide for themselves." Or better example, "John McCain = George Bush". The labels determine the position at least as often as the positions determine the label.

I agree with ya I left off the snicker since it seems all dems are baby killers from the screamin at the Pailin rallies.

I doubt Pelosi believes anything as nuts as humans and dinosaurs living together 6000 years ago.

I think claiming natural gas is NOT a fossil fuel and opposing drilling but supporting increased natural gas production is, while not technically "nuts"; painfully ignorant.

MTP August 24, 2009:

You can have a transition with natural gas. That, that is cheap, abundant and clean compared to fossil fuels.
I believe in natural gas as a clean, cheap alternative to fossil fuels.

And for the record, I am not defending Palin, I am criticizing Pelosi.

If she said "I don't support abortion, but I think women have the right to decide for themselves" as a Republican, she would never have been chosen because the Republicans would have focused on "women have the right to decide for themselves". Ask Rudy, Tom Ridge, or Liebermann.

No. Nancy Pelosi's just as nuts. She gets a pass.

So many "anti-establishment" fringe groups are perceived to fall under the "Democratit Party" that I think there's an expectation that Republicans are far more homogenous, and hence any deviation from the expected "normal" behavior is perceived as a wider variance than it may be. We have groups in this country, ostensibly "Democratic", who dance naked in the street to protest fried chicken...with THAT range of behavior associated with the party, "Sarah Palin as Democrat" would be downright normal.

Plus...the label defines the person much more than the person defines the label. If Sarah Palin were a Democrat, she'd be "pro-feminism" simply for being a Democrat, without changing the beliefs.

Pelosi's day is coming. The right is vilifying her, yet she keeps giving them ammunition. I know a lot of Dems grumbling under their breath. She plays for keeps at the Congressional level, so folks tread lightly on the inside, but I agree she has largely been ignored. If Obama wins, that probably won't happen anymore and I can see her taking the fall for what ails the Dems. Like I said, her days are numbered. I can't stand her and her shrill holier than though self righteousness.

The thing that keeps her going is great staff that are able to douse her fires and avoid bringing attention to one's she has started. The old tree in the woods deal... they hope no one is there to here it fall.

Pelosi's day is coming. The right is vilifying her, yet she keeps giving them ammunition. I know a lot of Dems grumbling under their breath. She plays for keeps at the Congressional level, so folks tread lightly on the inside, but I agree she has largely been ignored. If Obama wins, that probably won't happen anymore and I can see her taking the fall for what ails the Dems. Like I said, her days are numbered. I can't stand her and her shrill holier than though self righteousness.

The thing that keeps her going is great staff that are able to douse her fires and avoid bringing attention to one's she has started. The old tree in the woods deal... they hope no one is there to here it fall.

Did I ever mention how much I appreciate your insight here? Consider it mentioned.