Lee Evans 9million dollar man??

VIPP

Im sorry, i love the guy. I think he's been a solid player for him, no off the field issues, he wants to win. He's got everything you want in a player.

With that being said, he was seriously compensated for his services to a tune of 9million a season!!! Making him i believe the highest paid WR in the game right now...

For a guy that is mainly known as a deep threat wideout, not yet thought of in the league as a complete threat. Teams pretty much strategize for him by taking away his deep ball threat. I consider him the poor man's steve smith..he's good but not Steve Smith GOOD!

The question I ask you guys, is do you think Lee was worth 9million. Especially with a guy like Larry Fitzgerald becoming available for free agency at the end of the season?? Assuming of course he doesn't extend with Arizona..

I think we should have held off signing the kid and waited to see how the situation with larry panned out. If Larry signed before the end of the season, I think that would be a good time to sign Lee.

again what do you guys think?

Im sorry, i love the guy. I think he's been a solid player for him, no off the field issues, he wants to win. He's got everything you want in a player.

With that being said, he was seriously compensated for his services to a tune of 9million a season!!! Making him i believe the highest paid WR in the game right now...

For a guy that is mainly known as a deep threat wideout, not yet thought of in the league as a complete threat. Teams pretty much strategize for him by taking away his deep ball threat. I consider him the poor man's steve smith..he's good but not Steve Smith GOOD!

The question I ask you guys, is do you think Lee was worth 9million. Especially with a guy like Larry Fitzgerald becoming available for free agency at the end of the season?? Assuming of course he doesn't extend with Arizona..

I think we should have held off being signing the kid, unless we knew for a fact that Larry signed a long term deal...then i'm all for the deal..

Umm... It was a good signing. I think Evans would have commanded more on the open market. I believe he used Fitzgerald's deal as comparison for this one. They have similar numbers at this point in their careers and were in the same draft. It's a good deal for both parties.

Umm... It was a good signing. I think Evans would have commanded more on the open market. I believe he used Fitzgerald's deal as comparison for this one. They have similar numbers at this point in their careers and were in the same draft. It's a good deal for both parties.

Fitzgerald 65 games 361 rec 5011 yds 38 td his #2 Boldin in same time frame 54 gms 440 rec 4447 34 tds

Lee 62 games 249 receptions 4159 31 tds his #2 non existnent

Lee is a deep ball threat and makes none around him better Fitzgeral has more catches and probable extended more drives because of those clutch catches. Which one is really more important catching the deep ball or keeping the chains moving? Id go witht he chains. Now that we know Lee is only a deep threat we need a possesion reciever we have none arizona definatels has two.

i guess the article i was reading was outdated. Because it stated that Larry was a free agent at the end of the season.

my bad folks...

but the question still stands...9mill for Lee evans considering the quality of other WR in the league..

I think we should have held off signing the kid and waited to see how the situation with larry panned out. If Larry signed before the end of the season, I think that would be a good time to sign Lee.

He averaged 40 yards every time he touched the ball. Clearly, he's the problem.

God, this board sucks after losses.

Fitzgerald 65 games 361 rec 5011 yds 38 td his #2 Boldin in same time frame 54 gms 440 rec 4447 34 tds

Lee 62 games 249 receptions 4159 31 tds his #2 non existnent

Lee is a deep ball threat and makes none around him better Fitzgeral has more catches and probable extended more drives because of those clutch catches. Which one is really more important catching the deep ball or keeping the chains moving? Id go witht he chains. Now that we know Lee is only a deep threat we need a possesion reciever we have none arizona definatels has two.

That's one way to spin it. Here's another: Fitzgerald is more effective because of the presence of Boldin on the team. Defenses can't double him nearly as much because Boldin can burn single coverage. If Lee had a legit #2 (maybe Hardy by the end of the season) his numbers would exceed Fitzgerald's.

That's one way to spin it. Here's another: Fitzgerald is more effective because of the presence of Boldin on the team. Defenses can't double him nearly as much because Boldin can burn single coverage. If Lee had a legit #2 (maybe Hardy by the end of the season) his numbers would exceed Fitzgerald's.

Sorry to play devil's advocate here, but Fitz caught 2 TDs against us and Boldin was out. His WR supporting cast consisted of a rookie and a second year nobody.

Yeah, let's pretend that Lee Evans wouldn't have ridiculous numbers if he played in Arizona's offense with a guy like Warner and LFitz wouldn't suffer playing for Steve Fairchild.

I'm not saying that LFitz isn't great or even better than Lee Evans but Jesus Christ, be happy that we spent a first round pick on a guy who's pretty damn good despite rarely being put in a position to succeed. Who cares how much he makes? His signing isn't going to keep us from signing anyone else, we're WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY below the cap.