Kurt Warner walks on water (post two)

RLflutie7

I would put Warner in the top 10 of QBs to have played in the NFL, no question, and I think Warner put that on display in the second half last week. He got beat up and made mistakes in the first half, but he proved he's one of the best QBs in the game in the second half.

Warner is probably the best 2 minute QB to play the game and he's deadly when they come out throwing to start the game.

I'm thinking that Bills fans are scared of Warner and the Cardinals.

Warner gets dismissed because people got tired of his thanking Jesus all the time. But, he gets written off and he keeps coming back. His performance doesn't deserve the second class treatment.

He does committ turnovers, but overall, his play has been far better than about 95% of NFL QBs. When he's been on the field, it's mostly positive.

Warner doesn't have much of a running game and he still puts up big numbers in the passing game. I think James has had about one or two games over 100 yards rushing since he's been with the Cardinals.

Anyway, enough of the Warner lovefest. I'm sure you all have some thoughts.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would put Warner in the top 10 of QBs to have played in the NFL, no question, and I think Warner put that on display in the second half last week. He got beat up and made mistakes in the first half, but he proved he's one of the best QBs in the game in the second half.

Warner is probably the best 2 minute QB to play the game and he's deadly when they come out throwing to start the game.

Warner gets dismissed because people got tired of his thanking Jesus all the time. But, he gets written off and he keeps coming back. His performance doesn't deserve the second class treatment.

He does committ turnovers, but overall, his play has been far better than about 95% of NFL QBs. When he's been on the field, it's mostly positive.

Warner doesn't have much of a running game and he still puts up big numbers in the passing game. I think James has had about one or two games over 100 yards rushing since he's been with the Cardinals.

I consider myself more than a casual fan and ive never heard of people getting upset about a player thanking Jesus. As for his play being far better than 95% i wouldnt even put him in the top ten Quarterbacks playing this sunday

Warner was great and is great.... when he has two pro bowl recievers and time to throw. He did nothing in NY. Warner was good and can still sling it but hes a shell of his former shelf. If we lose it will be because we couldnt stop Fitzy not because warner beat us

I consider myself more than a casual fan and ive never heard of people getting upset about a player thanking Jesus. As for his play being far better than 95% i wouldnt even put him in the top ten Quarterbacks playing this sunday

Warner was great and is great.... when he has two pro bowl recievers and time to throw. He did nothing in NY. Warner was good and can still sling it but hes a shell of his former shelf. If we lose it will be because we couldnt stop Fitzy not because warner beat us

Bull to the crap. I watched him play 3 of his games along with Bills games and he is playing fantastic. I can't think of 10 players I would want over him. If the guy had any bit of a running game his efficiency would be through the roof. His touch and arm strength is incredible, even right now.

I just hope he throws a few picks this week and we win, otherwise he's a one man wrecking crew with a little time. If the WRs made that team so great tell me how Leinart looked when he started.

I looked up Warner's stats. This year his rating is 100.8, and his yards per attempt is 8.7. Last year his numbers were 89.8 and 7.6, respectively.

By comparison, Tom Brady's career average is a QB rating of 92.9 and an average yards per attempt of 7.2.

In Kurt Warner's monster year, he achieved a QB rating of 109.2 and a yards per pass attempt stat of 8.7.

Based on numbers, Kurt Warner played at a high level last year, and is playing at an even higher level this year. However, he's not achieving quite as much as he did the year the Rams won the Super Bowl.

Matt Leinart's career average is 71.2 and 6.5. This year, Warner has given them nearly 30 points more in QB rating, and 2.2 more yards per pass attempt, than Leinart had been giving them with the same supporting cast.

I'm a little nervous about this game, and Warner is a big reason why. If we give that guy time to throw, and if the Bills' offensive line turns in its usual putrid performance in the first half/3rd quarter, this game could be a real problem.

so explain why he has to compete for starter jobs and was considered to be #2 on most teams..the only reason hes playing now is because Leinhart isnt playing good...if Warner is a top 10 QB he shouldnt have to worry about competition and he should know hes the starter untill somebody beats him out not the other way arround...and no im not asking in a smart-ass way...why would teams not use him like if he was favre or something with those #'s..there has to be something wrong with him thats makes teams not go 100% with him

He's very good but not a top 10er. He's probably in the top 25 if longevity isn't factored in.

Is it April 1?

:sick:

Here's one. It's ridiculous for these stupid athletes to thank Jesus after a win. When they lose you never hear them say "It's all Jesus' fault!!" If you want to believe in Jesus as a all powerful God then go ahead but don't thank him for wins and then think he has nothing to do with losses. :sick:

so explain why he has to compete for starter jobs and was considered to be #2 on most teams..the only reason hes playing now is because Leinhart isnt playing good...if Warner is a top 10 QB he shouldnt have to worry about competition and he should know hes the starter untill somebody beats him out not the other way arround...and no im not asking in a smart-ass way...why would teams not use him like if he was favre or something with those #'s..there has to be something wrong with him thats makes teams not go 100% with him

The only reason he was #2 to Leinart is because when a team spends a high first round pick on a QB they expect something from him in his first two years. Leinart has been such a bust the team decided to bench him and hope he learns something from watching Warner play.

Anyone who thinks Kurt Warner is a top 10 QB of all time loses all credibility. Tell me this: Will Warner be in the Hall of Fame? The answer is no, he won't be in the Hall of Fame. Any player who is a top 10 QB of all time is a 1st ballot Hall of Famer. Kurt Warner is not! Jim Kelly isn't even a top 10 QB of all time and he was a 1st ballot Hall of Famer.

Have you ever seen Kurt Warner up close? He has a fundamental problem that he has never been able to overcome-he holds on to the ball too long and does not always sense the pass rush well-that's why he can become a turnover machine like in the 1st half of the Jets game. When he has time in the pocket, Kurt Warner can be as good as any QB. It's when there is the inevitable defender who gets through that throws Warner completely off his game. Just looking at the 1st half of last week's game and you see why Warner is more erratic than any top 10 QB.

I have never heard anyone diss Kurt Warner, or say he isn't good just because he is religous and thanks Jesus

Stop trying to stir up controversy

Think about it... we see players thank Jesus/God all the time when they make a touchdown or for their talent, or they point to the sky...

I don't think player's religious beliefs affect anyone's opinions of them.

Think about it... we see players thank Jesus/God all the time when they make a touchdown or for their talent, or they point to the sky...

I don't think player's religious beliefs affect anyone's opinions of them.

That was my point, i have never seen someone say Kurt wasn't god because of his religous beliefs. I have seen them say he isn't good because he turns the ball over too much though

Anyone who thinks Kurt Warner is a top 10 QB of all time loses all credibility. Tell me this: Will Warner be in the Hall of Fame? The answer is no, he won't be in the Hall of Fame. Any player who is a top 10 QB of all time is a 1st ballot Hall of Famer. Kurt Warner is not! Jim Kelly isn't even a top 10 QB of all time and he was a 1st ballot Hall of Famer.

Have you ever seen Kurt Warner up close? He has a fundamental problem that he has never been able to overcome-he holds on to the ball too long and does not always sense the pass rush well-that's why he can become a turnover machine like in the 1st half of the Jets game. When he has time in the pocket, Kurt Warner can be as good as any QB. It's when there is the inevitable defender who gets through that throws Warner completely off his game. Just looking at the 1st half of last week's game and you see why Warner is more erratic than any top 10 QB.

This post is 100% accurate. Thanks for saving me the trouble. :lol:

The achilles heel that prevents him from being anywhere NEAR a top 10 all-time is turnovers. He has thrown 104 interceptions and fumbled 80+ times in only 98 games, while only throwing 160 TD's. Warner almost has more turnovers that TD's on his career - calling that top 10 all time is totally absurd.