The Bills are putting themselves in a bad position

ieatcrayonz

It sure is nice being 4-0 but this is the NFL. Parity is reality and no team is easy to beat. It is almost inevitable that there will be several ties for playoff positions.

The Bills are in a really bad position on tie breakers already. They are 2-0 against NFC opponents and will probably beat San Fran when they play them. That puts them at 3-0. This means if they win next week, they will end up losing just about any tie-breaking scenario as the NFC games count less. They might do ok within the division but if they are tied for a wild card they are in big trouble. This sounds weird, but if you want the Bills to make the playoffs, you should root for them to lose next week.

• Haha (+1) 1

It sure is nice being 4-0 but this is the NFL. Parity is reality and no team is easy to beat. It is almost inevitable that there will be several ties for playoff positions.

The Bills are in a really bad position on tie breakers already. They are 2-0 against NFC opponents and will probably beat San Fran when they play them. That puts them at 3-0. This means if they win next week, they will end up losing just about any tie-breaking scenario as the NFC games count less. They might do ok within the division but if they are tied for a wild card they are in big trouble. This sounds weird, but if you want the Bills to make the playoffs, you shoot root for them to lose next week.

is it me or is this the dumbest post in the history of the internet

• Haha (+1) 1

The Bills are in a really bad position on tie breakers already. They are 2-0 against NFC opponents and will probably beat San Fran when they play them. That puts them at 3-0. This means if they win next week, they will end up losing just about any tie-breaking scenario as the NFC games count less. They might do ok within the division but if they are tied for a wild card they are in big trouble. This sounds weird, but if you want the Bills to make the playoffs, you shoot root for them to lose next week.

Or how bout they keep winning and go 12-4 instead of 10-6 and just get a bye from winning the division?

You are joking right? If so funny hahaha. If not you might want to lay off the crayons and the glue that matter. Wins beat all tie breakers. The team that wins more games goes to the playoffs. Maybe the Bills should have looked at the schedule and said we should lose this game and that one because then we will have a better chance at the playoffs. Please tell me you are trying to be funny or mocking someone from another post that I didn't read.

Good point, crayonz. I'd actually prefer to win going into a bye week, so we should have let the Rams take this one today. But your point holds: when we finish 11-5 and tied with Tennessee or somebody for a bye week, these wins against NFC teams will come back to haunt us.

Actually I would have preferred that they dropped the home opener to the Seahawks and then beat the Rams on the road. Road wins count for more than home wins. And actually I disagree with Crayonz... we should lose to the 49ers and then beat the Cardinals.

• Haha (+1) 1