The Bills are putting themselves in a bad position

ieatcrayonz

It sure is nice being 4-0 but this is the NFL. Parity is reality and no team is easy to beat. It is almost inevitable that there will be several ties for playoff positions.

The Bills are in a really bad position on tie breakers already. They are 2-0 against NFC opponents and will probably beat San Fran when they play them. That puts them at 3-0. This means if they win next week, they will end up losing just about any tie-breaking scenario as the NFC games count less. They might do ok within the division but if they are tied for a wild card they are in big trouble. This sounds weird, but if you want the Bills to make the playoffs, you should root for them to lose next week.

Wouldn't a 13-3 team with 9 AFC conference wins and 4 NFC wins beat a 12-4 team with 10 AFC conference wins and 2 NFC wins. I don't get it.

Your simple math omitted one crucial variable: if they win all their AFC games too, they won't have to worry about it, because they should own the "strength of victory" tiebreaker over Tennessee.

To quote The Senator, "19 and 0, baby !!!"

Well duh. But the 16-0 and 16-0 records proposed were simply hyperthetical. The odds against that are high. He actually meant if both teams were 13-3 or maybe 12-4. In these cases we lose out by beating the Cardinals.

What day/time is it in Sydney?

It was just played on this Weekend(Saturday).....Hawthorn won :rolleyes:

And BTW....the AFL Grand Final is always played in Melbourne(the home of the game).

It was a good game too.....close, hard fought, underdog tenaciously hitting hard & hanging in there till eventually wearing down the favourites and winning out in the 4th quarter.

It was just played on this Weekend(Saturday).....Hawthorn won :flirt:

And BTW....the AFL Grand Final is always played in Melbourne(the home of the game).

It was a good game too.....close, hard fought, underdog tenaciously hitting hard & hanging in there till eventually wearing down the favourites and winning out in the 4th quarter.

:rolleyes: Gottdamn language barriers are always getting in the way. Wie geht es?

It sure is nice being 4-0 but this is the NFL. Parity is reality and no team is easy to beat. It is almost inevitable that there will be several ties for playoff positions.

The Bills are in a really bad position on tie breakers already. They are 2-0 against NFC opponents and will probably beat San Fran when they play them. That puts them at 3-0. This means if they win next week, they will end up losing just about any tie-breaking scenario as the NFC games count less. They might do ok within the division but if they are tied for a wild card they are in big trouble. This sounds weird, but if you want the Bills to make the playoffs, you should root for them to lose next week.

:flirt::rolleyes: I couldn't make it past the first page. Good stuff!

losing to an nfc team does not guarrenttee that you win against an afc team..... if you really think that then you are stupid. losing does nothing for you, except hurt you.

Dude!

Please re-read the original post. It is a given that there will be a tie. So we might as well have a lot of AFC wins. I'm not saying the Bills should try to lose. I am saying that the real fans will root for them to lose to NFC teams. The tie braker rules may be stupid if they force fans to root aginst their own team, but they are the rules.

I would rather have the Bills in the playoffs and root for them in week 18 or week 19 than be happy about a win in week 5.

Well duh. But the 16-0 and 16-0 records proposed were simply hyperthetical. The odds against that are high. He actually meant if both teams were 13-3 or maybe 12-4. In these cases we lose out by beating the Cardinals.

Not true. What if the other team also goes 4-0 against the NFC?

Dude!

Please re-read the original post. It is a given that there will be a tie. So we might as well have a lot of AFC wins. I'm not saying the Bills should try to lose. I am saying that the real fans will root for them to lose to NFC teams. The tie braker rules may be stupid if they force fans to root aginst their own team, but they are the rules.

I would rather have the Bills in the playoffs and root for them in week 18 or week 19 than be happy about a win in week 5.

After all, in a recent poll, week 5 was voted the "least liked" week.