Sabres sign Pominville to extension

BillsFanNC

All in all it has been a pretty solid offseason for the Slugs. Locked up Miller and Pominville, added Rivet and found a new backup goalie, got away from Donner the Hutt's Amerks disaster, stocked Portland with some very good young players, and are set to unveil the third jerseys with the original crest on Saturday...at the risk of starting a flame war, the only way to seal the deal is moving Max and adding a reliable second-line center.

It only took them four seasons to figure out that extending your own players a year before they're up is cheaper than competing with 29 other teams! Bravo.

I do like the offseason; my only disappointment is that the worthless Larry Quinn is now part-owner, and we'll never escape from that devious bastard.

I'm not overly enthused by the Sabres' chances...But I'm not incredibly scared of anyone in the East either...I see them somewhere between 5th and 9th. A good start will be key to success. You can't blame them for last season's lackluster start, after two straight deep playoff runs and a hectic offseason. They have a full year under their belts as the "new" team, not the Drury/Briere playoff teams. Hopefully they get it done.

Tim Connolly over/under 43 games???

excellent signing and for once we didn't overpay. Someone woulda offered him waaay more--you just know it.

For once? How many players are they really overpaying for. Take a look at numbers around the league before you mention certain players.