Sabres sign Pominville to extension

BillsFanNC

For once? How many players are they really overpaying for. Take a look at numbers around the league before you mention certain players.

True--you are right. I didn't state that properly. I meant that for once they didn't wait until they would have had to overpay him.

I stand corrected.

True--you are right. I didn't state that properly. I meant that for once they didn't wait until they would have had to overpay him.

I stand corrected.

And at this point, they have signed Hecht, Pominville, and Miller well before waiting until the last minute. I'd like to add Roy to that list too, but his contract had expired before they worked out the new one. Regardless, they got him at a very good rate. There is obviously a new line of thinking in this organization, an obvious step in the right direction.

The one recent thing that I can see people bringing up to counter this is the whole Brian Campbell deal. In the past year, they've worked out enough deal ahead of time where I'd say it paints a different picture on that situation other than the "they're a bunch of idiots" idea that is so popular. Two things come to mind. Either they didn't view him as a high priority or Campbell wanted way too much.

Well kudos to Darcy and the Sabres: They did they after the Drury and Briere sagas they would change their ways...at with Miller and Pomer this offseason, at least it shows they have.

Vanek, Roy, Pominville, and Miller all here for at least 5 years. Now they can go out and hopefully add some veteran pieces to go with this young corp and some grit!

GO SABRES!!!!

'Hawks games are all on TV for the first time ever and they have sold (almost) out the whole season.

:rolleyes::)

The Hawks games being on TV has more to do with the passing of Wirtz than anything else. If the old man were still alive they'd still be blacking out local coverage.

The Hawks season should be sold out. They've got two of the best young skaters in the league, they spent some money to upgrade the goaltending, they've got some good young defensemen, and missed the playoffs last year by three points. They've got a lot to look forward to.

And again, not to be blunt, but Wirtz is no longer controlling the team and pissing off the fans.

And again, not to be blunt, but Wirtz is no longer controlling the team and pissing off the fans.

He did set his son Rocky up quite nicely though. We will see if the kid blows it. The one thing about Chicago, the market was always there... Oh, and it always helps owning the United Center (along with booze distribution).

:rolleyes::)

He's got a long way to go to repair the Wirtz name among Black Hawk fans, but apparently Rocky has more sense than his old man did. He's spending money on the team and put the games back on TV.

Quite a unique market here to be able to hold the hard line like the elder Wirtz was able to do... And man are they jumping back on the bandwagon in droves!

If I lived there I'd be all over that team too. It's not quite Crosby-Malkin, but Kane-Toews is one of the best young combos you'll find. Then there's the rest of their youth. Now if only they weren't stuck with that Khabibulin contract.

If I lived there I'd be all over that team too. It's not quite Crosby-Malkin, but Kane-Toews is one of the best young combos you'll find. Then there's the rest of their youth. Now if only they weren't stuck with that Khabibulin contract.

Absolutely. If you're even a casual Black Hawks fan, what's not to like about them right now? Good young players on offense and defense, signed Huet and Campbell, and the home games are back on local TV.

Absolutely. If you're even a casual Black Hawks fan, what's not to like about them right now? Good young players on offense and defense, signed Huet and Campbell, and the home games are back on local TV.

Besides being jealous... You are totally right BM! The Sabres better do soomething so I am not more green with envy!

Hey! At least I admit it!

:rolleyes: