I dont know if anyone is still following Malcom Kelly but

Injury prone since before he was drafted......had scope surgery recently......might be done for the year......

Article I read said he was the most dissapointing draft pick in the skins draft......

And there were people that wanted him with our first round pick.....

I'm glad you posted that. I was a bit cynical about drafting Hardy when several other 'blue chip' receivers were available but Hardy is growing on me. There is a difference between being tall and knowing how to use your size to give you an advantage. I think he knows how to use his size to create match up problems.

Injury prone since before he was drafted......had scope surgery recently......might be done for the year......

Article I read said he was the most dissapointing draft pick in the skins draft......

It was obvious IMO that the guy was going to be a bust. There was waaaay to much smoke for there to be no fire. The guy had more issues then Playboy.

It was obvious IMO that the guy was going to be a bust. There was waaaay to much smoke for there to be no fire. The guy had more issues then Playboy.

:worthy:

Certainly not as fun to look at though!! :thumbsup:

Isn't this the Dude that destroyed his chances after he pitched a fit and kept on repeating his 40 run?

Ayyyyyep.

I guess the only reason Malcom Kelly would be relevant to Bills fans would be the fact that many amateur Web sites had him pegged as our first round pick, which eventually faded in favor of Devin Thomas...<chortle>

As if we needed yet another example, these two guys might serve, once and for all, as a reminder that amateur draft sites know about as much as your neighbor next door, and more importantly, the Buffalo Bills are very good at hiding their actual interests leading up to the event.

Guest dog14787

Nawww really?, Malcom who? :thumbsup:

Why did Devin Thomas become such a hot prospect? The kid had ONE (albeit it really) good year.

And Sweed is from UT. That's all you need to know.

I've read that Sweed has been a big disappointment. They got so much credit for that pick...

draft time punditry is FUGGIN USELESS

I'm in Washington on vacation and was just reading about what a major disappointment Devin Thomas has been as well. Dropping passes, performing terribly in conditioning drills and looking disinterested in games. I guess both he and Kelly got a major dressing down from the coach.

Glad we didn't draft either of them.

Just curious: What was Washington's draft grade this year? I'm betting it was an "A".

PTR

Linkage

Washington Redskins

Unbelievable that Devin Thomas, Fred Davis and Malcolm Kelly ended up on the same squad. Jason Campbell should be ex static with the playmakers Dan Snyder added. Northern Iowa tackle Chad Rinehart also has a chance to win a starting spot as a rookie.

FINAL GRADE: A

Have to be Insider to view

Smell Kipers draft grades:

Washington Redskins: GRADE: B+

They traded out of the first round and still were able to get three offensive weapons in the second round: wide receivers Devin Thomas and Malcolm Kelly and tight end Fred Davis. Chad Rinehart is a versatile offensive lineman who can play guard or tackle. In the sixth round, Georgia Tech's Durant Brooks was the first -- and only -- punter drafted. He has a strong leg and should compete for the starting job (30 of his 65 punts were 50 yards or longer). Hawaii QB Colt Brennan went in the sixth round. He isn't very big, but he has some ability. What hurt Brennan was his performance in the Sugar Bowl and the Senior Bowl practices, and the system he played in, which allowed him to put up big numbers. Safety Christopher Horton will be a good backup and special teams player. The only thing the Redskins didn't get was a pass-rushing defensive end.

Then his Bills grade:

AFC East

Buffalo Bills: GRADE: C+

Cornerback Leodis McKelvin is going to be a very good player and I liked the pick. James Hardy is the big wide receiver the Bills need, someone who can be a threat in the red zone. Virginia Tech DE Chris Ellis is a decent pass-rusher, and I thought CB Reggie Corner and TE Derek Fine were reaches in the fourth round. I did like their late-round picks, RB Xavier Omon, OT Demetrius Bell and WR Steve Johnson.

Linkage

BUFFALO BILLS

1 - Leodis McKelvin, CB, Troy (5-10, 190); 2 - James Hardy, WR, Indiana (6-5, 217); 3 - Chris Ellis, DE, Virginia Tech (6-4, 263); 4 - Reggie Corner, CB, Akron (5-9, 175); 4 - Derek Fine, TE, Kansas (6-3, 251); 5 - Alvin Bowen, OLB, Iowa State (6-1, 223); 6 - Xavier Omon, RB, Northwest Missouri State (5-11, 228); 7 - Demetrius Bell, T, Northwestern State (6-5, 297); 7 - Steve Johnson, WR, Kentucky (6-2, 210); 7 - Kennard Cox, DB, Pittsburgh (6-0, 190)

Potential 2008 Starters: Hardy might be the most likely to start, but McKelvin could have a chance too.

Value Pick: Hardy's upside could make him a great value.

Second-Day Sleeper: Steve Johnson has long-term upside worth exploring.

Still Need: QB

GRADE: B - Took some guys with off-the-field incidents, but high upside, so the potential is there for this to be a strong class.

WASHINGTON REDSKINS

2 - Devin Thomas, WR, Michigan State (6-2, 216); 2 - Fred Davis, TE, USC (6-3, 255); 2 - Malcolm Kelly, WR, Oklahoma (6-4, 224); 3 - Chad Rinehart, G, Northern Iowa (6-5, 320); 4 - Justin Tryon, CB, Arizona State (5-9, 181); 6 - Durant Brooks, P, Georgia Tech (6-0. 204); 6 - Kareem Moore, S, Nicholls State (5-10, 213); 6 - Colt Brennan, QB, Hawaii (6-2, 207); 7 - Rob Jackson, DE, Kansas State (6-3, 257); 7 - Chris Horton, S, UCLA (6-0, 212)

Potential 2008 Starters: Thomas or Kelly will have a chance to get into the starting lineup and push Antwaan Randle-El to the slot.

Value Pick: Kelly had a slow 40-time and it made him a bargain second-round selection, perhaps just slightly better value than Thomas.

Second-Day Sleeper: Brennan was too productive in college not to get a look.

Still Need: DL

GRADE: B+ - Focused on improving the offence and grabbed playmakers in three straight rounds to start the draft.

typical football move by little danny.........

I'm in Washington on vacation and was just reading about what a major disappointment Devin Thomas has been as well. Dropping passes, performing terribly in conditioning drills and looking disinterested in games. I guess both he and Kelly got a major dressing down from the coach.

Glad we didn't draft either of them.

But just a month ago the Redskins were going to win it all...just ask Comcast Sportsnet Mid-Atlantic and MASN.

:thumbsup:

thank god i am not a gm.......i liked malcom kelly.

By the way....I haven't looked back at my posts but I hope that one of those posters for Kelly was not me......

I think I was big on Devin Thomas.......I know that corner was not on my list

I with you on Devin Thomas. Before the draft, I was hoping we'd draft him because of his size and that he played in Michigan (a cold weather school). I'm glad we drafted Hardy. I lost interested in Malcolm Kelly after his 40-times, and him throwing a fit about the venue being changed.

while the others have struggled, billy mcmullen has been great. he looks huge out there and was pushing, when skiins /bills played, leonis around like a rag doll. he has offset the rookies proplems. billy can also block downfield like a wildman. lomis swed is silky smooth. he runs good routes and will be used this season. hardy is powerful.. for a tall guy, his lower body is huge and developed. this helps with his balance and change of direction. anyone will tell ya that these guys have to be able to block downfield. hardy has that power

while the others have struggled, billy mcmullen has been great. he looks huge out there and was pushing, when skiins /bills played, leonis around like a rag doll. he has offset the rookies proplems. billy can also block downfield like a wildman.

I don't know if you were saying Billy McMullen is a rookie (he's actually a 5th year player), but he was just cut by the Redskins. Are you thinking of someone else?

Guest dog14787
By the way....I haven't looked back at my posts but I hope that one of those posters for Kelly was not me......

I think I was big on Devin Thomas.......I know that corner was not on my list

When we picked a DB 11th overall in the draft and then skipped over Malcom kelly to go with James Hardy, I'm thinking, what the :devil: is going on.

As it turns out, I honestly think both McKelvin and Hardy will be very instrumental in the future success of the Buffalo Bills.

All the hype over Malcom Kelly was decieving and I got caught up in it, so yes, I admit I wanted Malcom Kelly, but couldn't be happier now that we didn't draft him. :lol:

I like McKelvin and Hardy allot, two very important pieces to the puzzle :worthy:

while the others have struggled, billy mcmullen has been great. he looks huge out there and was pushing, when skiins /bills played, leonis around like a rag doll. he has offset the rookies proplems. billy can also block downfield like a wildman. lomis swed is silky smooth. he runs good routes and will be used this season. hardy is powerful.. for a tall guy, his lower body is huge and developed. this helps with his balance and change of direction. anyone will tell ya that these guys have to be able to block downfield. hardy has that power

:devil:

I guess the only reason Malcom Kelly would be relevant to Bills fans would be the fact that many amateur Web sites had him pegged as our first round pick, which eventually faded in favor of Devin Thomas...<chortle>

As if we needed yet another example, these two guys might serve, once and for all, as a reminder that amateur draft sites know about as much as your neighbor next door, and more importantly, the Buffalo Bills are very good at hiding their actual interests leading up to the event.

In somewhat defense of draft gurus I don't think anyone saw Leodis falling to #11.

I've read that Sweed has been a big disappointment. They got so much credit for that pick...

draft time punditry is FUGGIN USELESS

I've heard the opposite that Sweed is doing great.

article in the Post today about Kelly and Thomas and their major struggles

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...8090102657.html

Kelly - can't stay on the field and doesn't know the playbook

Thomas - just doesn't understand the offense, plus some injuries

McMullen, mentioned above, was the Skins most productive receiver in the preseason and was cut because they only kept 5 receivers (gotta keep the high draft picks)

Point taken. I will add that James Hardy hasn't exactly been lighting it up either. Before you proclaim that the Bills are smarter than the rest of the league because they selected Hardy instead of Kelly or Limas Sweed, let's see how they play this season. :beer::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Point taken. I will add that James Hardy hasn't exactly been lighting it up either. Before you proclaim that the Bills are smarter than the rest of the league because they selected Hardy instead of Kelly or Limas Sweed, let's see how they play this season. :beer::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Correct, only time will tell if any of these guys are any good. Percentages say a good amount of the top picks don't pan out anyway.

I drank the kool-aid early on and liked Malcom Kelly, then was kinda hopping for Jody Nelson myself.

Dude it's obvious right now that the Hardy pick is better than Kelly right now.

Correct, only time will tell if any of these guys are any good. Percentages say a good amount of the top picks don't pan out anyway.

I drank the kool-aid early on and liked Malcom Kelly, then was kinda hopping for Jody Nelson myself.

How long did Nelson ask you to hop? :lol:

From the article:

Kelly's lingering knee problem is such a concern that the team has considered putting him on injured reserve, which would end his season.

Because of Kelly's situation, the Redskins strongly considered carrying six wide receivers on the roster set Saturday, Zorn said, especially considering the strong performance of Billy McMullen, who led the team in receiving in the preseason and was among the players coaches often praised. "It was a matter of making a very difficult decision," Zorn said. "It wasn't necessarily a numbers game. It was a tough decision of keeping one guy over another."

Ok here's a thought Jim. Carry six WR's or put Malcolm on IR and keep McMullen. McMullen is 6'4" and Washington wants to add size to their receiving corp and they cut him. :bag:

"This pays the bills. If you don't have that down, you'll be out of here quick," Randle El said. "Those are two things I always tell them will keep them from playing: being out of shape and not knowing that playbook. You can have all the talent in the world, a lot of guys up here had talent, but that's the thing that gets them out."

In the offseason they should send them to sWillis to learn how to be professional. :P

Has any rookie WR "torn it up" this pre-season?

Point taken. I will add that James Hardy hasn't exactly been lighting it up either. Before you proclaim that the Bills are smarter than the rest of the league because they selected Hardy instead of Kelly or Limas Sweed, let's see how they play this season. :D:lol::worthy:

Actually....my post was about Malcom Kelly

I fully expect Devin Thomas to turn it around.