Jabari Greer

Has this guy locked it down opposite McGee? I feel like I haven't even seen the guy play, let alone hear his name called during a preseason game.

I know he's look great in camp (could be a practice hero, who knows?) so I'm assuming they're trying to get a better eye on Youboty, James and Corner, for those last spots. But I'm fairly certain he doesn't even have a stat yet.

Has this guy locked it down opposite McGee? I feel like I haven't even seen the guy play, let alone hear his name called during a preseason game.

I know he's look great in camp (could be a practice hero, who knows?) so I'm assuming they're trying to get a better eye on Youboty, James and Corner, for those last spots. But I'm fairly certain he doesn't even have a stat yet.

Yeah, he's played and played very well. He's a lock opposite McGee.

Guest dog14787

I think Jabari Greer has locked it down, Greer is like a fine wine, he only gets better with time :angry:

It's considered a good thing when CB's names aren't mentioned. It means their guy is covered.

I'd be shocked if he doesn't start. The guy is a player small or not.

Greer is 5,11 which is pretty normal height for a CB- he did start out as rather light at 165lb - but he got his weight up over the past few seasons and is now listed as 180 not a large corner but not freakishly small either.

I think you switch Youboty with McKelvin until McKelvin shows more as a CB. 1st rounders shouldn't start or play period until they are NFL material.

Every team that uses a first rounder sure hopes their pick is NFL material. Levy wasn't big on starting rookies, but with players moving around in FA and injuries, it's likely every first rounder will see the field their rookie year. Even if they're not 100% ready.

McKelvin needs work, but it's not out of the question that he moves up the depth chart this season. His return skills are already NFL material, but that's a more seamless transition from the college game.

Did you watch any of the games last year after he was named a starter? If his performances don't convince you he's a starting corner in this league nothing ever will. I can't believe the idiots who proclaimed McKelvin the starter after he was drafted! He's lights out on teams but covering receivers is not his forte. Yet.

The coaching staff believe in Jabari's cover skills as I do and will be the starter here until he becomes an UFA or is traded.

We now have the best secondary in the league (that's including the depth), bar none!!!

I thought Greer played extremely well last year for most of the season...he always seemed to be in receivers hip pockets and around the ball...

I thought Greer played extremely well last year for most of the season...he always seemed to be in receivers hip pockets and around the ball...

Agreed, the guy is a defensive magnet. But he's the tiniest 5'11" in the history of fraudulent media guides. I think a receiver like Hardy- big lanky type -keeps our lil Greer at bay.

Agreed, the guy is a defensive magnet. But he's the tiniest 5'11" in the history of fraudulent media guides. I think a receiver like Hardy- big lanky type -keeps our lil Greer at bay.

Jabari worked against Moss and Owens last year with success...so I think he can hold

his own in the league...

He's also in the final year of his deal he signed back in 2007. I've heard no talk of his extension, though I wouldn't rule it out of the question. The Bills have 20.9M left in cap room for 08 alone, and I wouldn't doubt they have at least that in 2009.

No news is good news