Thoughts on JP tonight

Drew026

My problem with this discussion is that it is going to end up as a disaster for the Bills. Losman is a lot better than some of the fodder around the NFL (David Carr, Joey Harrington, the McCown brothers, etc) but no matter how he plays he won't be here next year. They should have had a veteran presence here in the offseason and prepared to get SOMETHING for Losman in a trade. It's clear that he's not Jauron's type of QB (too risky). I guarantee some QB will go down with an injury and we could get at least a #4 or #5 for him.

They had zero offers.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It should not be a surprise to any Bills fan that JP was more productive tonight than Trent. After all, he is the more experienced, more capable and the better player of the two. The real question which has still not been honestly answered publically by this head coach or front office is why JP is not the starter. Anyone with 2 eyes can see he is the better player. Come on Jauron, tell us what the heck is going on here.

What's going on is that Jauron was clearly enthralled with how well Edwards gives great speeches (since he has so much trouble in that department). Edwards is the Obama of the NFL. An inexperienced man who Bills fans were fainting over because of a few short completed pass. When he showed his uncanny gift of well spoken press conferences it was all over. He was our savior. He was "The One". Trent doesn't need to throw touchdown passes, as long as he's well spoken.

Don't bother asking Dickie any questions. He can't help the fact that he is in over his head at his current position.

The Bills spend four years seasoning JP Losman, then tell him he can't compete for the job because Edwards gives them such a better chance to win. Now THAT was an f'n brilliant decision! :thumbsup:

What's going on is that Jauron was clearly enthralled with how well Edwards gives great speeches (since he has so much trouble in that department). Edwards is the Obama of the NFL. An inexperienced man who Bills fans were fainting over because of a few short completed pass. When he showed his uncanny gift of well spoken press conferences it was all over. He was our savior. He was "The One". Trent doesn't need to throw touchdown passes, as long as he's well spoken.

Don't bother asking Dickie any questions. He can't help the fact that he is in over his head at his current position.

The Bills spend four years seasoning JP Losman, then tell him he can't compete for the job because Edwards gives them such a better chance to win. Now THAT was an f'n brilliant decision! :thumbsup:

I don't recall all these great JP Losman wins......

Here are the facts:

1) Edwards did not play well last night

2) JP played pretty well last night

IF Edwards improves, he should remain the starter. If he CONTINUES to play LIKE HE DID PLAY last night, bench him. I want to win now, damnit.

They say that if you have a QB controversy, it means you have 2 guys that are not so hot.

We could have had Leinart....

I didn't see any highlights of the game tonight just the box score looks like Losman played well, did he look as good as the box score?

Yes. But remember he played against their scrubs and this coming from a big JP fan.

TE and the starters couldn't do anything in the 1st quarter. But I blame this on lack of a running game, thus the OL and RB's. And attempting nothing but FG's in the red zone once again. :D

Convoluted explanation for what, exactly? My praise for his ability to sustain four-play drives that start in te Red Zone? He did fantastic in that regard, and I said so. Did I sound like a "hater" to you? :D

I'll tell you this; Hamdan looked rusty to me. Sure he was in control, had some rough starting positions and tough penatlies and drops (he tends to throw the ball extremly hard on checkdowns, seemed Justin Jenkins had trouble with that). But the Hamdan I know can do better then what we saw, that said this is how he looked in his first game in NFL Europe as well, from there on he started to produce big time. I think he really needs to throw that first TD on real NFL level for his confidence.

JP looked good to me, better then what I've seen from him tbh, his throws are dangerously high though.

Trent... well I know everyone has their opions ready but I dont think we've seen enough action by him to judge him at all, also he had 2 false start penalties by the OL which hurt his ability to sustain the drives.

IMO, JP looked okay against lesser competition than Edwards, but it's still frustrating that he can't put the ball where his receivers can just grab it and go. Great quarterbacks don't make their receivers work to catch the football, they put it on their hands so they can run. JP just continues to show a lack of touch. That TD throw to Hardy worked out OK, but I find it hard to believe that he didn't intend to put more air under that throw so the DB couldn't make a play on it.

But that's why I think the Hardy acquisition is a good break for JP. Eli Manning isn't a pinpoint passer, but Plaxico Burress can reach a bad ball and is a great "heave it up" option for Manning. JP needs that kind of help. I do think that JP will eventually be starting games for the Bills this year, but I do hope that Edwards progresses and keeps the job because he has the ability to put the ball where it needs to be for guys to make plays.

How can I put this nicely? :D you! :D You have been tossing him under the bus from his first play.... :D

You have said you were a JP supporter in the past. Since you jumped off the JP bus, you have been one of his most vocal critics, throwing him under the bus. I'm sure when you are fed up with Trent you will do the same with him. :D

No, but I can judge him on every down he's played for the Bills since last year. He's Mr. Safety, a perfect fit for the "play it safe" head coach. Trent's one completion from last night did make the Bills highlight video shown on their website.
I wonder if a young Brett Farve was here ,Would Trent be starting over him?Farve took alot of sacks and took alot of chances.He also fumble alot.Not the kind of QB that Jauron likes.

Jauron attends all practices, open & closed. Do you? Jauron is in the locker room. Are you?

Your conclusions are based on limited data. When you open your mind, you'll understand that the team's management sees a lot more of these players than you do to base their opinions on. The professionals, when viewing the players 24/7 and going over films have concluded that Trent is the better player of the two, not JP. That's why JP is not the starter. Until they let me into all the meetings, film reviews, closed practices etc, I'll defer to their judgement and not assume I'm smarter than the coaching staff-I recommend you do the same.

I hope to God that Jauron is far better than I at evaluating QB talent. What I need to see on the field is the guy he has chosen to start play better than the guy who is the backup. With the exception of maybe two games last year, I haven't seen that. Until then, who should be the starter is a fair question. I don't give a rat's ass what happens in practice, but I do care a lot about what happens on Sundays when the game is on the line. Trent's play simply doesn't support the decision unless this is really about money as some have suggested. If Trent starts and plays well, the whole debate can then die.

You have said you were a JP supporter in the past. Since you jumped off the JP bus, you have been one of his most vocal critics, throwing him under the bus. I'm sure when you are fed up with Trent you will do the same with him. :D

I am a supporter of the Buffalo Bills and yah when a guy continues to prove that he can't cut it then he has to go. If Trent ends up showing us that he can't cut it then he will have to go as well, that is how it works. If you had a long snapper that couldn't get the ball back to the kicker, then out he goes, that is not throwing him under the bus, that is the NFL.

GO BILLS!

I am a supporter of the Buffalo Bills and yah when a guy continues to prove that he can't cut it then he has to go. If Trent ends up showing us that he can't cut it then he will have to go as well, that is how it works. If you had a long snapper that couldn't get the ball back to the kicker, then out he goes, that is not throwing him under the bus, that is the NFL.

GO BILLS!

I don't want my long snapper getting the ball back to the kicker. I want a snapper that can snap the ball to the punter on punts, and to the holder on field goals.

Guys it was the first game of preseason. Edwards did not look sharp but he only played 2 series & they said on the radio this morning that Hardy ran the wrong route down by the endzone & shouman ran a wrong route 2 that would of went for a big game. If he goes 3-5 maybepeople are not so hard on him this morning.

Losman looked okay. It is still concerning that he can not hit a guy on the numbers on those slant routes throwing the ball over his head he is going to get someone killed. I thought the td pass to hardy was a beautifull throw. Laid it in there very nice.

Guys it was the first game of preseason. Edwards did not look sharp but he only played 2 series & they said on the radio this morning that Hardy ran the wrong route down by the endzone & shouman ran a wrong route 2 that would of went for a big game. If he goes 3-5 maybepeople are not so hard on him this morning.

Here you go throwing logic into the conversation, what's wrong with you...

You're exactly right, JP start with a nice pass where only Roscoe can catch it. Then Shouman runs a wrong/poor route and gets tangled up with the safety, the only thing TE did wrong on that play was trusting his tight end to be where he was supposed to be. The next play Hardy doesn't recognize to cut his route short and there is a miscommunication. I really don't recall TE's fourth pass of the game, but the fifth everyone was covered and it was pretty much a throw away. My biggest problem is not giving TE's more reps with an incredibly young team out there, not with TE's stats.

Here you go throwing logic into the conversation, what's wrong with you...

You're exactly right, JP start with a nice pass where only Roscoe can catch it. Then Shouman runs a wrong/poor route and gets tangled up with the safety, the only thing TE did wrong on that play was trusting his tight end to be where he was supposed to be. The next play Hardy doesn't recognize to cut his route short and there is a miscommunication. I really don't recall TE's fourth pass of the game, but the fifth everyone was covered and it was pretty much a throw away. My biggest problem is not giving TE's more reps with an incredibly young team out there, not with TE's stats.

I am not worried about Trent's game Saturday at all. I think his stats and performance mean nothing relative with how he will play in the season. I loved the first Roscoe pass. And I think the first couple series of the first pre-season season in a new offense on the road against a veteran team mean very little in the long run. I think TE will do pretty well this year.

That said, how anyone who watches football can say that a quarterback should "trust his tight end to be where he is supposed to be" on a pass from the 8 yard line over the middle into the endzone is beyond me. It's not a play where you just throw it to a spot like an out pattern. He was double covered and wasn't close to being open, Trent watched him right from the snap and Trent himself said it wasn't a good decision. It was just a bad play.

So, for all the folks who profess, "I want to win now...", but also insist that TE's the QB of the future while JP sucks and will never ever make it as an NFL starter, let's just say TE's play sucks just as bad this Thursday - and in the final 2 preseason games - as it did Sat. nite (keep in mind, I hope he plays great, but just supposin'...), while JP continues to come off the bench and look sharp and score touchdowns...

Who do you guys, that want to win now, start against the Seahawks on Sept. 7th?