RIP Tim Russert

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Poor Tom Brokaw, he is barely holding it together.

Prayers to his family.

Wow.

That's like asking Jim Kelly to "hold it together" at his son's funeral.

ADDENDUM: his coffin should be draped with the American and Buffalo Bills flags. :thumbsup:

It's funny how everyone says his love of the Buffalo Bills. Sure he loved the Bills but I think someone mentioned earlier that what he really loved was his hometown. That's the thing, you can take the boy out of Buffalo, but you can't take Buffalo out of the boy. I make fun of the area all the time, but is still has a special place in my heart. RIP to our biggest national cheerleader.

So true. R.I.P. Mr. Russert. You will be sorely missed!!

I always remember in his book how when Kennedy was shot Tim was devastated about it. My wife came home from work and looked at me and said, "This is your Kennedy", he represented all of us from Buffalo, we lost a great one today.

I always remember in his book how when Kennedy was shot Tim was devastated about it. My wife came home from work and looked at me and said, "This is your Kennedy", he represented all of us from Buffalo, we lost a great one today.

That one just got me choked up,

I called my Dad who is in Buffalo to tell him what happened, he had already heard, he reminded me I gave him a signed copy of Russerts' book for fathers day a few years ago, What a loss for our little community. He will be missed

I wouldn't be suprised if his last words were:

"Not yet, it's too soon, the Bills haven't won it yet"

He'll be there every Sunday with Frerotte and other deceased Bills sitting on heavenly loungers eating the most heavenly wings while they watch the game!

Man, I'm still shocked.

That one just got me choked up,

I called my Dad who is in Buffalo to tell him what happened, he had already heard, he reminded me I gave him a signed copy of Russerts' book for fathers day a few years ago, What a loss for our little community. He will be missed

\ When thinking about my wife's comment, she was right, Tim was OUR Kennedy of Buffalo. He showed that you could as he said "get up, dust off" and accomplish whatever you wanted even if you were from Buffalo. His passing is a huge loss for the city, he can't be replaced but hope somebody will continue the path.