RIP Tim Russert

Damn. Unbelievable. A horrible week for the Buffalo sports community just got orders of magnitude worse. My prayers to his family and friends. He was truly a great representative of the City of Buffalo as a man and as a fan.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heart attack? Must have been steroids.

Seriously...he was one of the few in the media I respected for his unbiased public views (I still don't know who, if anyone, he's ever supported politically over the years). He was a weekly regular on the local news station down here every Friday (I missed him this morning, if he was even on). And I liked him because...well, he was one of us. Local boy made big, who never lost sight of being a local boy. Too bad, I'll miss him.

Heart attack? Must have been steroids.

Seriously...he was one of the few in the media I respected for his unbiased public views (I still don't know who, if anyone, he's ever supported politically over the years). He was a weekly regular on the local news station down here every Friday (I missed him this morning, if he was even on). And I liked him because...well, he was one of us. Local boy made big, who never lost sight of being a local boy. Too bad, I'll miss him.

Well, I am pretty sure he was a democrat....he worked for Moynihan.

RIP - I loved his books, his correspondence and his love of Buffalo.

There is a story on NPR right now and they just mentioned his love of the Buffalo Bills.

Sad day in the news media world.

It's funny how everyone says his love of the Buffalo Bills. Sure he loved the Bills but I think someone mentioned earlier that what he really loved was his hometown. That's the thing, you can take the boy out of Buffalo, but you can't take Buffalo out of the boy. I make fun of the area all the time, but is still has a special place in my heart. RIP to our biggest national cheerleader.