IMO, at this point if Lynch is guilty, he's gotta go

There are really two issues here, aren't there? (1) Is this a crime that's so bad that the police lock him up? and (2) If not, is this an offense that's so bad that he deserves to lose his job (i.e., the Bills need to cut him)?

Are your answers 'yes' and 'yes.'?

I'm pretty sure the DA's and the Bills' answers would be respectively "no" and "no."

If he's guilty the Bills will be in a tough spot. IMO, they should cut their losses if that's the case. I like Lynch as a player, but RB's come and go. I've been critical of plenty of personnel moves, but the Bills decided turning this moribund franchise around was going to be more about character than talent and they took the hard road to get where they are now so changing course at this point would be a mistake.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

lol, i remember making joke posts about lynch being the next to be run out of town...

get outta here with the "he has to go" noise. these players have long careers where stuff like this is forgiven and forgotten about.

if you think the Bills are going to throw away the entire plan because Lynch may have grazed some drunk canadian, youre out of your mind.

he'll be dealt with appropriately but he wont be banished from One Bills Drive. nor should he.

that's right

He and Hardy are exactly the kind of character guy the Bills have sought out to build their program around. :D

If Trent doesn;t work out, maybe they can get Paul Crewe to play QB

If it is santimonious to criticize someone for being involved in injuring an innocent person and leaving them for dead in the street, then let me cast the first stone. Like I said guys, it's not justifiable. Understandable, yes. Wrong, in no uncertain terms YES.

Badol, the whole thing sucks. I for one wonder just how drunk he was. He seems to have made a very bad and greedy decision, something typical of drunks.

My GUESS is that if the reports of other players being there are true (and I thought/posted this from the beginning), they were either draft picks or marginal players. In am guessing that they felt intimidated in terms of giving him up. Think about it.....they would fear being labled by fellow players, and even team management as the one(s) who turned in a star player. There is a lot of money at stake.

In any event, I see your points and understand your feelings. There will always be a cadre of posters here who will support any player in virtually any situation. I understand this because it is a Bills board. They can make you the "bad guy" here all they want, but you, as a life long fan and season ticket holder, put your time and money where your mouth is.

I have no way of knowing how this will play out, but imo, the odds of Lynch doing jail time are not great. Again, it is just a guess, but I think he will be suspended. This is not what the Bills, Bills Fans, nor WNY needs. We deserve more, as did the girl laying in the street. Tell me please....does Shaun Alexander have anything left? :D:P

Thanks yet again for your kindness at tailgates to my "crew", insights, draft predictions, and for being a great poster on this board! See ya at the Raider game!

Badol, the whole thing sucks. I for one wonder just how drunk he was. He seems to have made a very bad and greedy decision, something typical of drunks.

My GUESS is that if the reports of other players being there are true (and I thought/posted this from the beginning), they were either draft picks or marginal players. In am guessing that they felt intimidated in terms of giving him up. Think about it.....they would fear being labled by fellow players, and even team management as the one(s) who turned in a star player. There is a lot of money at stake.

In any event, I see your points and understand your feelings. There will always be a cadre of posters here who will support any player in virtually any situation. I understand this because it is a Bills board. They can make you the "bad guy" here all they want, but you, as a life long fan and season ticket holder, put your time and money where your mouth is.

I have no way of knowing how this will play out, but imo, the odds of Lynch doing jail time are not great. Again, it is just a guess, but I think he will be suspended. This is not what the Bills, Bills Fans, nor WNY needs. We deserve more, as did the girl laying in the street. Tell me please....does Shaun Alexander have anything left? :D:P

Thanks yet again for your kindness at tailgates to my "crew", insights, draft predictions, and for being a great poster on this board! See ya at the Raider game!

Thanks for your support. The Bills have kind of set themselves up for this with their SANCTIMONIOUS approach to building this team. They've got a lot of quality men by football standards but it's hard to fill all those talent needs without ending up with a few guys who think the rules of society don't necessarily apply to them. When all factors are weighed, if Lynch is guilty he should be sent packing for the good of the organization, not because he "deserves to lose his job". However, I don't really look for a retread to come in. Decent young RB's come and go, and they can come out of nowhere. Alexander is done.

Why in the world didn't we trade for PacMan Jones??!!! I see that our standards either never existed or have been lowered considerably. In light of this, why didn't we try and get some of the best players available? If the Bills are willing to overlook moral standards, why go halfway? Let's get the best players available and field a winning team, then everyone can be excited about what we can do on the field. Throw out how they fit in society, winning is everything and we have fared poorly in this area for the last several years.

This is the age of technology, plastic and winning. There is no need for virtues and values in this day and age and I'm ready to adjust to it. I think what Jerry Jones and the Cowboys are doing is fantastic and I want a piece of that pie. I'm glad that this Marshawn incident happened because it is the best thing to happen for us. It has begun a new era for us and allows us just to sell out and do anything that's needed for us to win. I'm just pissed that we missed out on PacMan Jones. Did you see that in his first practice with Cowboys he ran back a TD? Now THAT'S the sh-- I'm talking about! Let's get our priorities straight, that's the kind of player that we need, a big time playmaker. I don't care what he does off the field. Does it really matter how these players like him represent their team, organization and community? Hell no! Winning at all cost is what really matters the most.

I made a mistake in how I tried to raise my kids and now it's too late, I see now that I made a mess out of their lives. Three of them are in their early to mid 20's, the oldest being married, the other two have dedicated their lives serving GOD and my 17 yr old is wasting his time in trying to be morally correct by sustaining from having sex. Education is BS, they should have focused more on athletics, that's where it's at in this day and age. There is still some hope left for my 17 yr old because he has a chance to go to law school to become a lawyer. Right now he's delusional because he wants to do this for "moral" reasons. I still have a year to try and reprogram his priorities. He's needs to understand that it doesn't matter if his client is right or wrong but more importantly be able to give the proper advice to his client so he doesn't foolishly incriminate himself. I can't believe how stupid I have been and can only hope that my kids can forgive me.

You're thinking it, I'm writing it. If this clown hit some woman with his car and left her for dead and can't even step up and take responsibilty for his actions days later, when the shock has worn off, he should be imprisoned. No question about it. If he's protecting someone by not talking, he is at the very least a pariah in the community and doesn't belong on this team. It's not worth it, IMO. This is not a victimless crime or a domestic issue, hit and run is the real deal in terms of sh*tting on your fellow man.

Thank you.

Did your inside source tell you that he was drunk or did you read that on a overhyped blog?

3:30 in the morning... coming from a street consisting basically only of bars... id say there is a very good chance he was drunk.

Answer: I don't drink and drive, but if I hit someone with a car I would not leave them for dead to start with. No insurance, suspended license....unlicensed operator.....no such circumstance would allow me to leave some stranger for dead in the street. That is beyond F'd up. We all know why he would do it, but they are all the wrong reasons.

Then you are just the bestest boy on the block. Give this man a cookie. This could have been posted in one of the other million threads about this. But no, you decided to start your own self-important thread extolling the virtues of your own character. Give me a break. :D You're all entitled to your opinion. But there is a HUGE difference between posting constructive comments and grandstanding to show everyone how virtuous you are, making the whole thing about you.

Why are you saying left her for dead? We really don't know what happened, other than the fact she wasn't hurt much. It could have been much worse than that, and the car could have smacked her pretty good. But we don't know that. They may have well made sure she wasnt seriously hurt before they took off, or the clip was obvious that she wasnt in grave danger. I don't know either way. And I know where you're coming from in your post, even though I don't agree (yet). But I really don't think it's fair to say he left her for dead with what we do know, the extent of her injury, and the charge they are considering according to the DA.

Dog, it was 3:30 in the morning in a bar district, and the damn car hit the poor woman in the hip, who by all accounts collapsed in the street for around 30 minutes. The car didn't stop, however; it sped away. That, by any reasonable definition, is "leaving a person for dead," regardless of whether the injury was particularly significant or not. It's really, really crappy, and yes, I'd bet a large sum of money that he was the driver. But I'm sure there's some excuse on offer that'll placate the fans ...

His inactivity tells us nothing. Your imagination and perhaps cynicism tells you a great deal. There are numerous possible scenarios that don't make him out to be a louse. It's no crime to speculate, that's your right. But at least admit it's total speculation.

There are just as many or more scenarios that do make him out to be a louse, but we simply don't know yet. He didn't seem like a louse before, so right now I am giving him the benefit of the doubt until I see some real facts. I may turn on him as soon as I see the facts, I may not. That's what most everyone is saying.

You're just not willing to wait to convict him, but feel compelled to tell others that they are just excusing immoral behavior.

The silence is deafening. Despite what the DA says about him driving the vehicle, he has a link to this no matter what anyone talks about.

I want to give Lynch the benefit of the doubt. Anyone who watched the Kenny Mayne bit can laugh about how Lynch seems like a nice guy. At this point, there is a connection, and unless he spoke with the DA today, it's been one whole week since he was implicated to some degree. The question is...why?

Then you are just the bestest boy on the block. Give this man a cookie. This could have been posted in one of the other million threads about this. But no, you decided to start your own self-important thread extolling the virtues of your own character. Give me a break. :D

What does this mean? By saying you wouldn't leave a person for dead, you're "extolling the virtues of your own character"?????

So he hit some chick and got out of the car to check and then drove off....he was really drunk....he speed off at around 85 mph....he has been hiding from the media under his own free will and not because he is following his lawyer's advice....he is an awful human being...he is a piece of sh--...invisible people are eyewitnesses to seeing him hit this chick....

any other made up headlines or HUUUUGE developments i missed?? man you guys have some GREAT sources....you should really contact the news outlets in town about getting them some of this top secret info.....

last i checked we live in america where the notion is innocent until proven guilty....while you may get your panties in a bunch over this issue the law is the law and if there was a reasonable reason for them to pick him up they would have done it. Perhaps the people on messageboards are filled with tons of rumors about whats been breaking news when in reality theres no basis to it? (oh right i forgot that we signed shockey and picked up a WR in the 1st roudn of the draft!).....let the cops do their job...if it turns out hes a bad person then so be it..so he has no morals....as long as he gets us some wins i can live with that ....nobody died...nobody is in the hospital, the greatest damage on that day was to his porsche. I still have my marshawn jersey and im gonna wear it for as long as he wears the red white and blue (which wont be too long im sure if he ends up in jail).....Let the cops decide who the criminals are instead of rumors you came across on a messageboard....and for the love of god lighten up...If i was a fan of moral people instead of the teams they play for i would have had to stop watchin football a LONG time ago...

Answer: I don't drink and drive, but if I hit someone with a car I would not leave them for dead to start with. No insurance, suspended license....unlicensed operator.....no such circumstance would allow me to leave some stranger for dead in the street. That is beyond F'd up. We all know why he would do it, but they are all the wrong reasons.

I agree with badol, i don't want the guy off the team at this point but if he screws up one more time he should be gone. If he is guilty of this i believe the league should suspend his ass for 8 games, he will likely only get a slap on the wrist for it through the legal system because athletes with their high paid lawyers are held on a pedestal. If he is just young and stupid you give him one more chance but this happened almost a week ago and he still hasn't told his side of the story, for all those that say they would do the same thing i question there morals and no i am not perfect but i know right from wrong!