IMO, at this point if Lynch is guilty, he's gotta go

I mean the current situation that involves Lynch's vehicle that hit a woman and took off and left her without checking on her welfare. That situation. Bottom line is even IF Lynch wasn't the driver or in the vehicle, he owns the vehicle and that makes him accountable to SOME degree.

To what degree? Criminally? Civily? The accountability people are talking about here is pretty drastic for a situation where we only know that someone's property was involved.

But somehow...actually wanting to know more is considered "defending" Lynch. Go figure. :D

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To what degree? Criminally? Civily? The accountability people are talking about here is pretty drastic for a situation where we only know that someone's property was involved.

The answer to that is simple. If he was not at the scene of the CRIME then he is accountable civilly. If he was the diver or was in the vehicle at the time of the CRIME then he is accountable criminally and civilly.

I'm glad the Kobe Bryant case and the Duke lacrosse case taught us to let the facts play out before our rush to convict takes over....It was hard to listen to the morality police screaming from their high horse in those instances, grandstanding about what should be done to these criminals (because apparently these people had some inside information on the case that the rest of us didn't have)...

But I'm glad that's not happening here.

You're thinking it, I'm writing it. If this clown hit some woman with his car and left her for dead and can't even step up and take responsibilty for his actions days later, when the shock has worn off, he should be imprisoned. No question about it. If he's protecting someone by not talking, he is at the very least a pariah in the community and doesn't belong on this team. It's not worth it, IMO. This is not a victimless crime or a domestic issue, hit and run is the real deal in terms of sh*tting on your fellow man.

Agreed, very well said.

:thumbsup:

The problem is with the laws as they are currently enforced.

I remember a few years ago, a prominent Buffalo area attorney was drunk and hit and killed a man on a bicycle and left the scene. He literally left him on the road to die. When he was caught there were some stories about it in the Buffalo News. The reason the lawyer left the scene was because since he knew the law, he knew the penalties for a hit & run were a lot less severe than vehicular homicide while DWI. Like it or not, the law favors the hit & runner because they can't prove that he was drunk at the time of the accident if he leaves the scene. Basically, the way the current laws are, it is a huge advantage legally to leave the scene of an accident than to stay and get a DWI with property damage, bodily injury or death.

In spite of the outcry and calls to change the laws at the time of the hit & run lawyer, nothing much has changed. If you truly are outraged, demand of your politicians and elected judges that the penalties for leaving the scene are made stronger than for staying at the scene.

The act of drinking and driving is pretty selfish to begin with. Why would someone selfish enough to drink and drive man up to a stiffer penalty when the current laws encourage leaving the scene of a DWI accident?

You're thinking it, I'm writing it. If this clown hit some woman with his car and left her for dead and can't even step up and take responsibilty for his actions days later, when the shock has worn off, he should be imprisoned. No question about it. If he's protecting someone by not talking, he is at the very least a pariah in the community and doesn't belong on this team. It's not worth it, IMO. This is not a victimless crime or a domestic issue, hit and run is the real deal in terms of sh*tting on your fellow man.

You're a gentleman and a scholar, you douchbag.

I'm glad the Kobe Bryant case and the Duke lacrosse case taught us to let the facts play out before our rush to convict takes over....It was hard to listen to the morality police screaming from their high horse in those instances, grandstanding about what should be done to these criminals (because apparently these people had some inside information on the case that the rest of us didn't have)...

In those cases it wasn't even clear if there was a victim, let alone a crime. This girl was hit by Lynchs' car. There is a victim, there was a crime and at the very least he knows who did it.

You're a gentleman and a scholar, you douchbag.

Because he is a compassionate, humane person he is a douche bag? Please explain. I don't recall Badolbilz getting personal. Who the hell are you?

Ummm I can't believe I need to explain this .

Lynch had no ideal what her injuries were at the moment he hits her with his car and drives off like a coward .

Do you know that she was J walking ?

Do you have a drivers license ?

If you do you should be aware that hitting a pedestrain whether J walking or not doesn't absolve you from responsibility.

And neither does the time of day , 3:30 am is 100% irrelevant.

Do you know he knew what he hit?

Do you know he hit her directly?

Do you know if the damage to his car was done by impact with a pedestrian or impact with an object resulting from the same bad driving that hit the girl?

Do you know what the driver of that vehicle was thinking at the time?

By all means, don't let ignorance of the facts stop you from showing us all how righteously superior you are to everyone else.

Lynch will have to deal with whatever he did or didn't do, the DA will see to that I'm sure. When its over, he will be back on the field because we pay him to run for yardage, not to serve as your moral inspiration.

Since we don't know all the facts, and we're all jumping to conclusions anyway, I'll take one known fact and go off of that: the woman wasn't backboarded at the scene and was actually allowed to walk to the ambulance. If you know anything about EMS, you backboard a victim who fell and hit the ground, even if it's just suspected, and ask questions later, allowing a doctor to clear the C-spine. Since she wasn't, apparently she didn't fall. So then the driver probably didn't think he hit her and/or didn't think he hit her hard. And obviously with the minimal severity of the injuries, that proved to be the case.

Then again, I guess she COULD have had the only EMT in the world to not know that you backboard every suspected fall victim...

Because he is a compassionate, humane person he is a douche bag? Please explain. I don't recall Badolbilz getting personal. Who the hell are you?

No, because he started another thread about this. There's literally 7 threads discussing the same thing.

Do you know he knew what he hit?

Do you know he hit her directly?

Do you know if the damage to his car was done by impact with a pedestrian or impact with an object resulting from the same bad driving that hit the girl?

Do you know what the driver of that vehicle was thinking at the time?

By all means, don't let ignorance of the facts stop you from showing us all how righteously superior you are to everyone else.

Lynch will have to deal with whatever he did or didn't do, the DA will see to that I'm sure. When its over, he will be back on the field because we pay him to run for yardage, not to serve as your moral inspiration.

A person would need to be extra stupid to ask these questions.

The dumbest of which is what he was thinking at the time .

Who cares .

He hit a woman looked in the mirror and left the scene.

I could not care less what that scumbag was 'thinking'.

Obviously he was thinking of his own well being more than the woman he left laying in the street.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out, nevertheless it looks like you are struggling to comprehend.

As far as being superior there is no doubt that I am superior to morons who defend atheletes regardless of the circumstance or situation.

Fans that are taking up for this scumbag have a mental disorder that I do not have and therefore in that regard I am without question superior.

As far as logical deduction and reasoning you seem to be devoid.

Multiple witnesses place him in the bars , witnesses took his plate number at the accident scene, he had damage to his car.

What more do you need ?

Do you think they just happened to know his plate number and pulled that out of their azzes when they lied to the police about who hit the woman ?

You should get a life outside sucking up to football players .

Since we don't know all the facts, and we're all jumping to conclusions anyway, I'll take one known fact and go off of that: the woman wasn't backboarded at the scene and was actually allowed to walk to the ambulance. If you know anything about EMS, you backboard a victim who fell and hit the ground, even if it's just suspected, and ask questions later, allowing a doctor to clear the C-spine. Since she wasn't, apparently she didn't fall. So then the driver probably didn't think he hit her and/or didn't think he hit her hard. And obviously with the minimal severity of the injuries, that proved to be the case.

Then again, I guess she COULD have had the only EMT in the world to not know that you backboard every suspected fall victim...

And I'm sure that's what a lot of us thought last week. They got away without getting a DWI, they know she's not mortally wounded, now somebody will step up and admit they were driving, claim they didn't realize they hit anybody and that they weren't drunk and get a slap on the wrist. Not right, but at least some accountability.

Something tells me if Lynch were due a $5 million bonus next week he would have said something by now. But in this case, I'm sure his attorney and agent are probably on the same page. Take no responsibility whatsoever until they have you dead to rights, and in the worst case scenario if your lack of accountability costs you a spot on the team you can always go get another big signing bonus elsewhere.

I refuse to pass my own judgement until I know all the facts.....there is too much speculation going on here.

Sorry guys, you need to take up arms and pick a side RIGHT NOW. None of this wishy-washy, wait-till-the-facts-come-out crap. Rush to judgment now, entrench your position, and defend it to the death. :thumbsup:

Seriously, though -- I'm with you guys, but I'm really enjoying the back-and-forth pissing matches in this thread. Very entertaining. We really need a popcorn smiley.

It's pathetic isn't it ?

Do you believe the lack of intelligence out there ?

It's hard for me to except how twisted these fanatics are.

I know. It sucks to be human and mortal when you clearly have preternatural intelligence, can see things you didn't see, read minds, and know what happened already.

We don't know at all whether the car was going 5 mph or 10 or 15 or 20 or 25 or 30 or 40 or 50...

...40....30....20....10...HE...MIGHT...GO...ALL...THE...WAY! LYNCH! TOUCHD-

Whoops, found some football in there. :thumbsup:

Legality and whatnot aside, I almost hope he was drunk. Sounds odd, but I have a bit more in me to let it go if I know his judgement was actually impaired. If he wasn't putting anything back, then it's hard not to seriously question his character. It doesn't make it alright and drunk drivers are still man-tools, but I have an easier time forgiving a DWI than I do an intentional injury hit-and-run.

People do tend to settle on the worst possible scenario, though. A closed door meeting means someone has been fired and such. She very well may have ran out in front of him with a bottle of beer in her hand, slammed into the car, laughed, and ran off. When she noticed she was bleeding like hell, she sat her ass down. Though I highly doubt that was the case.

Not that my opinion matters, and assuming the truth is somewhere in the middle, I'm expecting to see a couple/three years of probation, maximum fine, and some type of suspension doled out by the NFL. Unless my rainbow scenario above holds true, he's always going to be a bit of a thug in my book and deserves any bit of punishment he gets. Not sure I want him gone just yet, depends on what really happened.

I honestly find it a bit insulting that he'd be so careless in a community that's welcomed him so warmly and put so much faith in him. Disappointing, really.