slothrop

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

un·der·rate (ŭn'dər-rāt')

tr.v., -rat·ed, -rat·ing, -rates.

To rate too low; underestimate.

Correct. Most people don't consider Airplane! the greatest movie of all-time, therefore it is underrated.

Life is Beautiful

one of my all time favorite films- there are some hilarious scenes despite the heavy subject matter

Ugh...that one is on my all time overrated list. It was fine and all, but people made way too big a deal over it and the goofy performance by that Italian guy. Clearly it was 'foreign film' year in Hollywood since they gave him an Oscar over not one but two more deserving actors.

Election

Grandmas boy

Bad Santa

MST 3000

O' Brother where art thou?<--- Not sure if it's under-rated but defenitly a classic.

Excellent choices.

Daddy Day Care

<VABills>

Hahahaha!!!

"The best daddy day care comedy of them all!"

-Aaron Brooks

Better Off Dead

"Two Dollars!"

That movie is hysterical!

Some others:

Harold and Kumar Go To White Castle

Dude, Where's My Car?

I Think I Love My Wife

The Replacements

and one of the great quotable films .....

The Last Boy Scout

A couple of hilarious (albeit cheesy) ones from the '80's.

Beer (not out on DVD yet) It had a very eclectic cast including Rip Torn, David Allen Grier, Loretta Swit, and Kenneth Mars.

Head Office (surprisingly out on DVD) Another eclectic cast including Eddie Albert, Judge Reinhold, Richard Masur, Danny DeVito, Jane Seymour, Rick Moranis, Don King, and Don Novello (Father Guido Sarducci).

Election

Little Nicky

Grandmas boy

Strangers with candy

Slackers

Out Cold

I heart Huckabees

Bad Santa

MST 3000

Man with two brains

O' Brother where art thou?<--- Not sure if it's under-rated but defenitly a classic.

Little Nicky...:unsure:

Better Off Dead

"Two Dollars!"

And Savage Steve Holland's other 80's Teen Movie, One Crazy Summer (not sure if it's been mentioned yet.)

Some of these movies are very mainstream, I mean I saw Tommy Boy listed earlier and thats a classic. Superbad? That was the blockbuster comedy of last summer. Then movies that might not be as well known such as Grandma's Boy but gets very high ratings from everybody that has seen it. I'm going with Beer League, barely anyone has seen this movie and its hilarious and written alot different than most cliche comedies, definately a great guy movie.