James Hardy

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I await the posters who keep saying how the Bills are wrong to try to draft high character guys in previous years. When you pick a guy who's charged with assaulting his girlfriend and baby, guess what you get? Trouble.

I await the forthcoming posts which will claim that the whole thing was a misunderstanding.

nice over reaction. Just remember that Ralph Wilson Still supports the likes of OJ who murdered two people and still uses his box at Ralph Wilson Stadium. Fans still ask OJ for autographs, so a reciever who get is a fight with his father for abandoning him as a youngster isn't quite so bad.

I have NO idea what happened and make NO excuses for anyone, but aren't Hardy's parents essentially "no-shows" from his youth who have magically reappeared in his life now that a big NFL contract is in the works?

Based upon that scant article, here's what we DO know: Hardy has a legal handgun permit, no shots were fired, nobody was hurt, and the police have no plans to follow up. Have I missed something?

I have NO idea what happened and make NO excuses for anyone, but aren't Hardy's parents essentially "no-shows" from his youth who have magically reappeared in his life now that a big NFL contract is in the works?

Based upon that scant article, here's what we DO know: Hardy has a legal handgun permit, no shots were fired, nobody was hurt, and the police have no plans to follow up. Have I missed something?

His father had a reason for being a no-show: he was in prison. Nine years for drug-dealing.

So, yeah, I'll wait for the rest of the story.

He's a thug.

IU and the Buffalo Bills.

definitely a thug.

dib--Silence, I killllllll yooouuuuuuuu

Appropriate avatar for this thread.

He can hate on his parents all he wants for his past,. I know I can't even imagine what his life as a child was like...but he's got to get beyond it. He's a pro football player now and set to be a millionaire. The Bills need to intervene and get him help with some obvious anger issues before he ends up killing someone.

There is a whole litany of things the Panthers regret about Rae Carruth - the posse he hung with, small indiscretions and then he plans and executes a murder...Hardy is his own man and responsible for his own actions but he is affiliated with the Bills now and the team needs to intervene.

Maybe a little.....

1) The incident took place at 1:30 PM on Mothers Day, in a back yard. Alcohol involved? We don't know.

2) If he pointed the gun at his father, the father would have to be the complainant. In NYS, this would constitute a charge of menacing. The female caller (would be curious as to who that was) stated that his gun was drawn, but the gun was legal and not pointed at her. The father doesn't seem to want to be a complainant, thus no arrest.

3) He is a 6'7" professional athlete. His father must be a pretty tough guy for Hardy to need to use a handgun against him, or threaten to.

4) Given this and his other episode, a case could be made that Hardy is at least somewhat unstable. I am glad that nobody was hurt this time, and I hope that he get serious help. I would hate to see him hurt somebody, and the Bills need a tall receiver.

His father had a reason for being a no-show: he was in prison. Nine years for drug-dealing.

So, yeah, I'll wait for the rest of the story.

Also keep in mind, "pulled" and "pointed" are two different things.