who tinkled in Jerry's cornflakes this a.m. J.P.?

I think the way that this plays itself out is that after this season, Losman signs on as a FA with the Jets in 2009, wins the starting job, and proves Buffalo doubters like Sullivan wrong.

We should be so lucky! I'd LOVE to face JP's limited game twice a year with a coaching staff that knows how to defend him. Not that that's anything special. EVERY DC he's faced since the Houston game in '06 has figured it out, too.

He goes to the Jets next year I'm already chalking up two wins in '09.

GO BILLS!!!

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im one of Losman's biggest critics on this board but even I think this article was a little harsh. With that being said he made some points that I have been saying all along. There is not much of a market out there for Losman. If there was the bills would of certainly unloaded him. Also, Losman did call out the coaching staff, & worse called out Mr Wilson. Lastly, a player of his stature who has accomplished so little in the league should of really kept his mouth shut or his agent should of kept his mouth shut in the offseason. A guy of his stature should not demand anything & just consider himself lucky that he is still earning a paycheck in the NFL.

What Jerry fails to mention that JP is a non-issue if the Bills are winning. And if Trent is awful, it's not like JP is going to be much better.

PTR

The article is ridiculous on so many levels. If Losman is as bad as Sullivan claims, why would Edwards have to look over his shoulder? And why would half the team still want JP? Don't they see what Jerry sees?

Want him to do what, straighten up? How in the world would you claim to know this?

What becomes laughable is that you & your cronies on this board actually think JP Losman is an NFL caliber Starting QB. Every team basically said no thanks to Losman this year, that they would rather have guys like Tavarres Jackson, Quinn Gray & Brodie Croyle then your man crush, but they are all wrong & your right. What a joke. The only bigger joke is the college football team you root for & the old bastard that coaches them.

I'm sorry that you are too mentally handicapped to understand that JP's contract has a huge deal to do with why no team is going to give up anything worthwhile for him. Perhaps i should tell it to your 3 year old, and then he can explain it more on your level.

I'm sorry that you are too mentally handicapped to understand that JP's contract has a huge deal to do with why no team is going to give up anything worthwhile for him. Perhaps i should tell it to your 3 year old, and then he can explain it more on your level.

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!!!

or in SouthPark

CRIPPLE FIGHT!!!!

Keep making the excuses. That what the losman lovers do best. A similar contract situation that did not stop Willis from getting traded or Henry. It says alot of how low the acedemic standards at Florida State must be to admit a moron like you in.

Keep making the excuses. That what the losman lovers do best. A similar contract situation that did not stop Willis from getting traded or Henry. It says alot of how low the acedemic standards at Florida State must be to admit a moron like you in.

I guess Duke is in the business of admitting morons too then.

Lets try some simple logic for you to understand.

1. No team will trade for JP unless he signs an extension.

2. JP will not sign an extension unless he's guaranteed to be a starter.

3. While plenty teams would allow him to compete for the starters job, no one is simply going to guarantee him a starting job.

4. therefore, he wont be traded.

I know this may be a bit much for you to comprehend all at once, so take it slow. Try to read and comprehend #1, then maybe take some aspirin and a nap. In a few hour, when #1 has finally sunk in, come back here and repeat the process with #2. With any luck, you might understand this post by this weekend.

With all due respect, JP is on the last year of a deal that pays him very modestly for a 1st rounder. If a team thought he could be a starter, money would be the last thing that would stop a team from trading for him.

I really do like Losman and don't want to bash the guy. But his reptuation is not really good across the league. Put it this way: Would you be happy if the Bills gave up a 5th or higher for Grossman, Boller, or Harrinton? Because that's the class Losman is perceived in.

With all due respect, JP is on the last year of a deal that pays him very modestly for a 1st rounder. If a team thought he could be a starter, money would be the last thing that would stop a team from trading for him.

I really do like Losman and don't want to bash the guy. But his reptuation is not really good across the league. Put it this way: Would you be happy if the Bills gave up a 5th or higher for Grossman, Boller, or Harrinton? Because that's the class Losman is perceived in.

see my above post on why no one will trade for him. o team is going to trade for him with one year left on his deal and risk losing him next year if he does good.

see my above post on why no one will trade for him. o team is going to trade for him with one year left on his deal and risk losing him next year if he does good.

they have tags for problems like that. see derrick anderson

Sully probably still stews that Losman called him out in a post-game press conference. Seems to be the editorial style of News' sports columnists. Like Gleason's need to flavor each hockey story with, "... meanwhile, in case you haven't read, the Sabres lost Drury & Briere..." Sully needs to bash Losman because Checkers ran low on beer the night before.

I think this is absolutely part of the equation. And it doesn't matter how much time has passed. A guy like Sullivan, if he feels he's been slighted, will always stick the knife in. Like an elephant, he never forgets, but he also won't let an opportunity pass. That's why it's almost impossible to beat a journalist who has a soapbox like Sullivan's. He commands a space in the paper for whatever axes he choose to grind, and if someone who crossed him like JP ever becomes vulnerable (as JP's play and his getting benched have made him), he his dead meat.

I guess Duke is in the business of admitting morons too then.

Lets try some simple logic for you to understand.

1. No team will trade for JP unless he signs an extension.

2. JP will not sign an extension unless he's guaranteed to be a starter.

3. While plenty teams would allow him to compete for the starters job, no one is simply going to guarantee him a starting job.

4. therefore, he wont be traded.

I know this may be a bit much for you to comprehend all at once, so take it slow. Try to read and comprehend #1, then maybe take some aspirin and a nap. In a few hour, when #1 has finally sunk in, come back here and repeat the process with #2. With any luck, you might understand this post by this weekend.

Your logic makes no sense & you are assuming alot. How do you know JP will not sign an extension unless he is guaranteed to be the starter? How do you know alot of teams would allow him to compete for the starting job? I do not think there is a team in this league that as of today wants JP Losman to be there starting QB to open up the 08 season & I believe that theory was proven by the fact that the bills were unable to move him over the weekend & besides couldnt they just franchise him if his play warranted it. Im going to go take a nap now.