Bills interested in Sheppard

jreed82

Per John Clayton: BILLS AND CHEIFS have been on the phone talkin about a trade. This was apparently just on espn's "On the Clock" special.

Apparently Clayton hasn't been hitting refresh on TBD. We've got a much better trade already set up here.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Crowell is good in coverage but gets blown up when teams run at him and has almost no pass rush.On most teams he would be brought in on passing downs to drop into coverage, he would not be a starting linebacker on 2/3 the teams in this league. He is a nice player and a good locker room guy but to say he is anything more then a nice player would be wrong in my humble opinion. Mitchell has been a career journeymen and Poz has a total of 3 NFL games under his belt. I am optimistic about this core but to say I am not mildly concerened would be a lie. If the right LB like Rivers falls to us we would have to consider it. Like other Buffalo LB in the past (kieth Newman, Gabe Northern) we as fans of the Bills overvalue them.

Per John Clayton: BILLS AND CHEIFS have been on the phone talkin about a trade. This was apparently just on espn's "On the Clock" special.

Seriously though. I really can't see how the Chef could give us something better than the Iggles.

Perhaps this is the incentive the Iggles need to give up their third in the deal as well.

Seriously though. I really can't see how the Chef could give us something better than the Iggles.

Perhaps this is the incentive the Iggles need to give up their third in the deal as well.

After the Allen trade the Chief's have a lot of stuff to deal with! :thumbsup:

Crowell is good in coverage but gets blown up when teams run at him and has almost no pass rush.On most teams he would be brought in on passing downs to drop into coverage, he would not be a starting linebacker on 2/3 the teams in this league. He is a nice player and a good locker room guy but to say he is anything more then a nice player would be wrong in my humble opinion. Mitchell has been a career journeymen and Poz has a total of 3 NFL games under his belt. I am optimistic about this core but to say I am not mildly concerened would be a lie. If the right LB like Rivers falls to us we would have to consider it. Like other Buffalo LB in the past (kieth Newman, Gabe Northern) we as fans of the Bills overvalue them.

So your idea to make the LB core better, is to draft a player who has absolutly no Pro experience and only potential to be better then any of the guys currently on the roster?

We as fans may over value some of our own players, but I think we overvalue other players (and draft picks more)

So your idea to make the LB core better, is to draft a player who has absolutly no Pro experience and only potential to be better then any of the guys currently on the roster?

I said the right player. I am a fan of the BPA, when the Bills pick unless it is a RB which is really the only position we have that is set. Besides that whoever is highest on the Bills FO board they should take. I hope they get Harvey, but if they feel that Thomas or Sweed is a better option then I will be happy unless that player is a bust. I have faith in them from the last two drafts and until they blow a draft class(like TD did over and over again after his first one)then I will trust them. I am not saying they should go get a LB, I am just saying I wouldnt cross it off the needs list.

We as fans may over value some of our own players, but I think we overvalue other players (and draft picks more)

I agree with you 100 percent.

Who did Cornelius Bennett replace, again? I'm sure we all loved him, too. I just wished to hell I could remember his name.

GO BILLS!!!

Isn't that the point of the draft? :thumbsup::blink::wallbash:

Shepard may want a new contract but the reality is, he has ZERO leverage because he has three years left on his deal. He can claim he will sit out but he HAS to come back. He's not going to retire. He's in his prime. What the Bills could do is just give him a bonus, like the money they would have spent on the 11th pick versus the 19th pick (a couple million). Then say to Shepard if you come in and stay healthy and play like a pro bowler, we'll look at redoing your contract next year.

Shepard may want a new contract but the reality is, he has ZERO leverage because he has three years left on his deal. He can claim he will sit out but he HAS to come back. He's not going to retire. He's in his prime. What the Bills could do is just give him a bonus, like the money they would have spent on the 11th pick versus the 19th pick (a couple million). Then say to Shepard if you come in and stay healthy and play like a pro bowler, we'll look at redoing your contract next year.

Do what we did with Stroud--move some of the existing money in the three year deal into year 1 as a guarantee....

He's a really, really good corner. I would almost say they are not getting an upgrade in Samuel.

Jay Glazer of FOXSports.com reports that Tampa Bay has become the frontrunner for Lito Sheppard.

Glazer reports that Sheppard was visiting with the Buccaneers on Wednesday, and that a trade could go down by Saturday. He speculates that it will take at least a second round pick to get a deal done, and the Bucs have the 21st (52nd overall) pick in the second round.

Jay Glazer of FOXSports.com reports that Tampa Bay has become the frontrunner for Lito Sheppard.

Glazer reports that Sheppard was visiting with the Buccaneers on Wednesday, and that a trade could go down by Saturday. He speculates that it will take at least a second round pick to get a deal done, and the Bucs have the 21st (52nd overall) pick in the second round.

Wouldn't our scenario be better then that for the Eagles?

You should have posted this 4 pages ago....next topic!!

Who did Cornelius Bennett replace, again? I'm sure we all loved him, too. I just wished to hell I could remember his name.

GO BILLS!!!

Uhmm, good question, who did he replace by the end of the year. Cheatin if I looked it up... I have no earthly idea, maybe Scott Radesic(sp)? Cant remeber if he played inside or out, but being a white guy I am thnkg he was to slow to play outside so not him LOL. Was Sanford still there?

Okay I give up, who did he replace???

edit: it does look like he replaced Radecic, but in a strange way. From the way the stats looked, and i may be looking at them wrong, looks like Conlon started the year on the outside, then when Bennet came in he moved inside and ole Scotty boy hit the pine. Does that make sence as I really do not remember Shane ever playing outside. Man, its a horrible thing getting old :thumbsup:

They could put us back into the Viking's old slot at #17 which is pretty close to where I think the sweet spot will be for WRs. They also have lot's of picks (6 in the first 4 rounds) with which we could use to trade back into the 1st round for one of the better CBs, DEs or OTs....or back into the 2nd round to get pick-of-the-litter @ TE. I dunno.