best one hit wonder song

Pete

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xk8Yo4pzhWs

Can't believe no one has posted this one

You're soooooooooo, not funny!! :wallbash:

I've never seen that chick before....I'm guessing she's a no hit wonder.

How about this early '80s classic. Or this one.

I hated that song but a lot of my friends loved it.

Ride Captain Ride- Blues Image

honorable mentions......

Chevy Van- Sammy Johns

Tainted Love- Soft Cell

Three Little Pigs- Green Jelly

Agree with all of those but never remember Three Little Pigs. Maybe by tune but not by name.

<_< The quintessential one hit wonder. :P

Who cares I could look at her all day long!!! :thumbsup:

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree with all of those but never remember Three Little Pigs. Maybe by tune but not by name.

Green Jelly was a heavy metal/punk band who came out with that song somewhere between 1992-1995. they were known as Green Jello, at the time, but had to change their name because somebody threatened to sue them. (i think it was a jello company) one of the band members was from WNY too. (i think it was Amherst or Kenmore) anyways, the album was called Cereal Killer. they even had a song on there called Flight of the Skajaquada. unless you were from WNY, nobody knew what the hell the Skajaquada was.

Green Jelly was a heavy metal/punk band who came out with that song somewhere between 1992-1995. they were known as Green Jello, at the time, but had to change their name because somebody threatened to sue them. (i think it was a jello company) one of the band members was from WNY too. (i think it was Amherst or Kenmore) anyways, the album was called Cereal Killer. they even had a song on there called Flight of the Skajaquada. unless you were from WNY, nobody knew what the hell the Skajaquada was.

Lol, my neighbor as a kid was cousins with one of them.

/obscure fact I never thought I'd remember

do yourself a favor...his voice may not be everyones cup of tea, and the lyrics are fairly out there, but they are fun band to listen to...here are a few of their other "hits"

granted this is an andy partridge/xtc song, they still scored a hit with it from dumb and dumber

Maybe so...I've never heard of another one of their songs.

Another gem...Ini Kamoze

no votes for Chumbawumba yet?

No.

Written by Paul Schafer, Letterman's band director.

that classic, written by Mr. Paul Schaeffer!

I love it when people don't read the thread carefully. :thumbsup:

Great topic, here's one. Boom it.

Geldof wrote the song after reading a telex report on the shooting spree of 16-year-old Brenda Ann Spencer, who fired at children playing in a school playground across the street from her home in San Diego, California. She killed two adults and injured eight children and one police officer. Spencer showed no remorse for her crime, and her explanation for her actions was "I don't like Mondays."

A side note about Geldof is, and this is from Nick Mason's book, that when he was asked to play the part of Pink in "The Wall" he was in a London taxi and his response was "I hate Pink Floyd!" The reason Mason knows this is because his brother was driving the taxi. ;)

I love it when people don't read the thread carefully. :thumbsup:

huh? Who cares? You posted the same thing to me last week. If someone posts a question for a topic sometimes I read the original post and respond- without reading the whole thread. Believe it or not sometimes we do not have time/ambition/interest to read every single post in the thread. Did SDS promote you to regulate threads for repeat posts, or did you self appoint yourself the position?

Surprised no one has mentioned or posted this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3PV34CzYWM

They weren't a one-hit wonder. They were at least a two-hit wonder.

This was actually their bigger hit in the United States, topping out at #3. "Final Countdown" only went to #9 in America, but topped the charts in a whopping 25 other countries.

I love it when people don't read the thread carefully.<Sarc> :lol:

Fixed!

huh? Who cares? You posted the same thing to me last week. If someone posts a question for a topic sometimes I read the original post and respond- without reading the whole thread. Believe it or not sometimes we do not have time/ambition/interest to read every single post in the thread. Did SDS promote you to regulate threads for repeat posts, or did you self appoint yourself the position?

Sorry forgot to add the <Sarc> . :devil:

I knew the story behind the song but that's an interesting side note. :wallbash: More one hit wonders:

Soft cell's - Tainted Love - '82.

Dexy's midnight runner's - Come on Eileen - '83.

Right said Fred's - I'm too sexy - '83

Baha Men's - Who let the dogs out? - '92.

A-ha's - Take on me - '85.

Geldof wrote the song after reading a telex report on the shooting spree of 16-year-old Brenda Ann Spencer, who fired at children playing in a school playground across the street from her home in San Diego, California. She killed two adults and injured eight children and one police officer. Spencer showed no remorse for her crime, and her explanation for her actions was "I don't like Mondays."

A side note about Geldof is, and this is from Nick Mason's book, that when he was asked to play the part of Pink in "The Wall" he was in a London taxi and his response was "I hate Pink Floyd!" The reason Mason knows this is because his brother was driving the taxi. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

I have a $25 dollar Itunes gift card and have been buying some songs. I have thousands of albums and over 50 gigs music and am looking for some pieces to fill in my collection- these are some nice tunes from mostly one hit wonders

Baker St - Gerry Rafferty

Jackie Blue - Ozark Mountain Daredevils

Thank God its Friday - Love and Kisses

Hold Your Head Up - Argent

and the aforementioned Brandy and Rock On. I still have a few more credits. Any more one hit wonders not already mentioned?

Nice dancing.

The drummer got fired before the last scene in the video. He's not there in the night scene.

The lead singer is strange. He now has his hair almost in a brush cut , dyed blond and wears dresses.