What was the most painful Buffalo Loss

For me it is the "Music city miracle". Granted the Superbowls were dissapointing but this one really hurt. I was at work watching the game, instead of working, and we score what looks like the game winner. I was so happy. Then we all know what happenned next, we can't cover the kick and we're done. I felt like quitting and going to drown my sorrows. Any others out there?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Super Bowl 25

Music City "Miracle"

SB 25 was the toughest. The replay was on NFL Network yesterday and I still could not watch it. Left the TV for a few hours, came back just to see if the game was still on, and when my TV picture came on, Reich was in his holding stance and Norwood was backing up to get ready for the 47 yarder. I do have to say though, I watched the kick in the bizzarre hope that it would go through this time.

That thing never had a chance - it started right and just stayed there.

SB 25 was the toughest. The replay was on NFL Network yesterday and I still could not watch it. Left the TV for a few hours, came back just to see if the game was still on, and when my TV picture came on, Reich was in his holding stance and Norwood was backing up to get ready for the 47 yarder. I do have to say though, I watched the kick in the bizzarre hope that it would go through this time.

That thing never had a chance - it started right and just stayed there.

hahaha, ive re-watched it before with the hope that it would make it this time too... pitiful i know.

i walked into Jersey Mike's Subs the other day and the re-play was on. I had to go somewhere else.

The superbowls really hurt. But the one that comes to mind is losing to Pittsburg's second and third stringers. Everything fell into place that day too. If we won we would have made the playoffs and we were on a hot streak. Then we got our butts beat pretty bad.

Since I became a Bills fan after the SuperBowls, I'd have to say the Music City Debacle.

I was SO psyched and my FIL looked at me and said, "There's 16 seconds left. I've been a Bills fan for a LONG time. 16 seconds is an eternity"

BOOM!

Lateral Pass my <_<:lol:

We won SB XXV, so I can't agree with that one. If I listened to all the "media spin" about the game, then this would easily be number 1.

After that, the forward lateral was completely hurtful.

I'd give honorable mentions to the Ronnie Harmon game and SB 4 (measured in Buffalo years).

Super Bowl XXV

Music City Mistake

Chargers/Bills playoff game of '80 season

For some reason, this game and the following year playoff game @ Cinci (Fergy's 4th down heave bounced off Cribbs' head in the endzone) hurt more than Flutie/Johnson era playoff losses..

Can't explain it <_<