breaking news

12thman

Actually I'd call it one of the very worst moments in Bills history.

That move was the termites in the sub-flooring, and once we tried to build on top of it assuming it was stable it ultimately destroyed what could have been a very competent long-lasting administration. All it accomplished was to put us right back to square one where we're once again letting good players walk because they don't fit the "system", only to fire everybody in a few more years, dump all the players we brought in who won't fit the next "system" and start it all over again.

What you describe was not one one of the worst moments. One of the worst periods, maybe. But his arrival to Buffalo was, indeed, a very good moment when we needed something to get our interest higher.

but but but....he has a great passer rating on throws over 10+ yards(or something like that). :lol: Don't these NFL teams know that you need a big, strong armed, pocket QB to succeed?? B-)
It only works if they aren't brain dead like Drew. :w00t:

In other news, league wide sack totals are expected to drop significantly in 2007.

Not so fast my friend. I am not so sure the league has consulted Hamburger U's prized graduate to mathematicaly verify this theory

The last straw with me on Bledsoe was when he threw that int to Troy Brown in that sunday night game against the pats. The thing was he was only throwing a 4yrs down & out to moulds & brown was 2yrds behind moulds. Well, bledsoe put it 2yrds behind moulds right into browns chest. I mean come on, a JV qb on anybody's local high school team could complete that pass 9 out of 10 times, but not Bledsoe. F*ck him.

Pfff, anybody who thinks Bledsoe's career was "mediocre" is an absolute fool,14 year vet, top 10 in three major passing categories, 4 pro bowls, trip to a superbowl, if that's mediocre, how good to you have to be to have a "good" career? He had his faults, like anyone, and they were exposed far more often late in his career. A nice guy(Who I've met), and a good player, hall of famer? Doubtful, but, he's got nothing to feel bad about. I'll miss ol' Drew

Pfff, anybody who thinks Bledsoe's career was "mediocre" is an absolute fool,14 year vet, top 10 in three major passing categories, 4 pro bowls, trip to a superbowl, if that's mediocre, how good to you have to be to have a "good" career? He had his faults, like anyone, and they were exposed far more often late in his career. A nice guy(Who I've met), and a good player, hall of famer? Doubtful, but, he's got nothing to feel bad about. I'll miss ol' Drew

I agree with everything in your post except for the Doubtful comment on the HOF. I think it's very Probable he will make it in.

That move was the termites in the sub-flooring, and once we tried to build on top of it assuming it was stable it ultimately destroyed what could have been a very competent long-lasting administration. All it accomplished was to put us right back to square one where we're once again letting good players walk because they don't fit the "system", only to fire everybody in a few more years, dump all the players we brought in who won't fit the next "system" and start it all over again.

The actual trade was not the point of no return.

that was 2 years later when Teflon Tom compounded the problem by extending Drew even though his late season performance did not justify it.

All of the prior cap hit from his contract with NE was eaten by the Patriots.

However, the big new signing bonus turned into big dead money when he was cut.

I just don't understand how you can continue to look so favorably on that administration. TD and gang had a five year run. While not a long tenure, it is certainly not short by NFL standards, so I don't think you can accuse Ralph of pulling the plug crazy quickly.

I also don't see how you can ascribe our mediocre record over five years to just the Bledsoe decision. I agree it was a killer (both bringing him here in the first place and then re-doing his contract). But the coaching hires were worse IMO, and the general adminstrative atmopshere (though I admit this is based on rumors, ex-player comments, and pissed off press people, so it can't be totally true) may have been the most troubling factor of all.

I do not demonize Donahoe, Bledsoe, Mularkey, Williams or anyone else. They all had their strengths and weaknesses, but the overall picture seems clear: a franchise that was treading water at best and didn't have a real spark to it.

I readily acknowledge your football insight (in all sincerity), but I really don't get how you can be so critical of the new gang so soon. I feel humbler about them myself and mostly curious. (Also very optimistic, but that doesn't mean much, because I'm always optimistic.) I don't think anyone pro or con has enough real material to judge Levy and Jauron just yet. But how can you think Donahoe's five years was too soon to pull the plug, yet be ready to write off Levy and Jauron with such gloomy predictions after only one year?

It also very much helped keep the Bills in Buffalo, so in that respect, the trade alone was far, far, far from the worst moments in history. Furthermore, even though it was somewhat deceiving, the first half of the 2002 season was the most fun being a Bills fan we have had in about eight years, and that, in most part, was due to Drew. Ultimately, it turned into a mistake, and Bledsoe was soon shot as an NFL quarterback. But that was far from one of the worst moves or periods in Bills history.

If he would have retired right after his injury, he would have been remembered as a great QB who's career ended to soon. He played his way right into the mediocre catogory when he came back.

LOL--there were those on this board calling him a hall of famer......--and using yardage stats

I agree with everything in your post except for the Doubtful comment on the HOF. I think it's very Probable he will make it in.

I just cant picture Bledsoe's bust in Canton. A full body statue, on the other hand, would be easy to imagine.

I just cant picture Bledsoe's bust in Canton. A full body statue, on the other hand, would be easy to imagine.

Which begs the question, which would look more realistic: Bledsoe or Bledsoe's statue?

Hmm nothing I can find on google but if so it's time. I wish him the best as he was the classiest immobile statue it's been my pleasure to root for.

I always rooted for DB even as he was rooted in our backfield for his time with the Bills. Best of Luck, Drew,mybe you can get work as a statue in front of some stadium or perhaps a scarecrow .

Which begs the question, which would look more realistic: Bledsoe or Bledsoe's statue?

Depends on which one of the two moves slower....my vote would be for the actual Bledsoe.