Good TD, let the purge begin!

Thailog80

TD: "Hello 31 GMs. I have a player available. He isn't young, and he sucks. He does the moonwalk after a 5 yard catch when the team is down 20 pts. Not only that, he will fumble away 2 point conversions (for the game), drop passes and sometimes gets hit in the head with them. What are you willing to give up?"

GMs: "Have a nice day."

It is that simple.

68717[/snapback]

:huh::lol::D

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

TD: "Hello 31 GMs. I have a player available. He isn't young, and he sucks. He does the moonwalk after a 5 yard catch when the team is down 20 pts. Not only that, he will fumble away 2 point conversions (for the game), drop passes and sometimes gets hit in the head with them. What are you willing to give up?"

It is that simple.

68717[/snapback]

LOL @ Moonwalk!!! HAHAHAHA!!!

I hope the answer wasn't that they wanted to go in a "different direction." That's a stock BS answer. It tells us nothing, and at this point with this team we deserve to know a bit more about it.

I'd expect him to say something like this:

"Bobby is a great guy and a good player. We just felt that his downfield blocking wasn't what we needed in our current scheme. Additionally, we didn't feel that he had a good grasp of the playbook at this point in the season, which caused him to make some mistakes. We're sorry things didn't work out with him, and we're sure he'll find a productive role on another team."

Did he say something like that, or was it the same BS "Different direction" thing?

How would you like to come down for a look at the team. We can certianly guarentee you some playing time, have you seen our offense? How about the #3 spot with a chance for #2? Sound good? Well just need one thing....the Bills gameplan for us this week. Now lets sign those papers.

:huh:

If Miami is smart they have already called him.

How would you like to come down for a look at the team. We can certianly guarentee you some playing time, have you seen our offense? How about the #3 spot with a chance for #2? Sound good? Well just need one thing....the Bills gameplan for us this week. Now lets sign those papers.

:huh:

If Miami is smart they have already called him.

68735[/snapback]

You are exactly correct.

I hope the answer wasn't that they wanted to go in a "different direction." That's a stock BS answer. It tells us nothing, and at this point with this team we deserve to know a bit more about it.

I'd expect him to say something like this:

"Bobby is a great guy and a good player. We just felt that his downfield blocking wasn't what we needed in our current scheme. Additionally, we didn't feel that he had a good grasp of the playbook at this point in the season, which caused him to make some mistakes. We're sorry things didn't work out with him, and we're sure he'll find a productive role on another team."

Did he say something like that, or was it the same BS "Different direction" thing?

68734[/snapback]

Oh, Todd... you are so positive.

TD said "Shaw sucks toads, get rid of him." :huh:

It is that simple.

68717[/snapback]

Rare form today. Outstanding! :huh::lol::D

Oh, Todd... you are so positive.

TD said "Shaw sucks toads, get rid of him."  :huh:

68741[/snapback]

That would be a good answer as well.

I wonder if he was sucking those toads from south america that make you trip out for a while. Maybe that was his problem!

Rockpile - you're a genious!

It is that simple.

68717[/snapback]

So, um, what's your point? :huh:

We freed up cap room. That's plenty for Shaw. PLENTY.

He's caught 5 passes this season.

FIVE.

Believe me, there wasnt a line of GMs waiting for this to happen.

68732[/snapback]

Only for next year, as a vested veteran on the roster for the first game, his salary was guaranteed. However, no GM in his right mind would have given a pick up for bobby shaw.