Are we as fans ready to see Ashton Y. start at corner

I for one would like to see what he can do... He was a top 5 CB in last years draft so we all know he has talent. I think the best thing happened when he wasn't thrown right into the fire and was allowed a year to play a few downs and learn HOW to play and do things at the NFL level. I think he will be better than we all think because of this and we will have a slight drop off from the play there last year.

My 2 cents

I'd have no problems with it and I believe the Bills should trust their scouting staff. He was drafted in the 3rd round for a reason and now its time for him to prove it on the field. They need to add a little competition in the middle rounds of this draft, but I see no need to push the panic button and draft a CB higher than we really need to.

I say this....

If Yobuty ends up being a reliable starter last years draft will go down in history as one of the BEST ever

We may not have gotten a Jim Kelly, Thurman Thomas, or Andre Reed out of it.....be got reliable young starters at a LOT of positions.....

and could you imagine if Pennington ends up becoming a very good player?

I am already starting to get excited about the season......

I'd have no problems with it and I believe the Bills should trust their scouting staff. He was drafted in the 3rd round for a reason and now its time for him to prove it on the field. They need to add a little competition in the middle rounds of this draft, but I see no need to push the panic button and draft a CB higher than we really need to.

exactly. and as ive mentioned before; not only was he a 1st-2nd round projection last year, had he stayed in school he would probably be THE top-rated corner in the draft this year. same with Ko Simpson, he wouldve been in the top 3 Safeties this year.

Were we prepared for Whitner to replace Milloy? Yes.

Were we prepared for Simpson to replace Vincent? Yes.

Are we prepared for Youboty to replace Clements? We should be.

No doubt Youboty will have to earn the starting spot in training camp, but I certainly feel prepared if he ends up being Clements replacement. I still feel that the Bills will take a CB either in the second of third round for depth.

I say this....

If Yobuty ends up being a reliable starter last years draft will go down in history as one of the BEST ever

We may not have gotten a Jim Kelly, Thurman Thomas, or Andre Reed out of it.....be got reliable young starters at a LOT of positions.....

I'm thinking we haven't heard the last of Butler yet either....

I dont think its as big a deal of some people think, you dont need a shutdown corner in the cover 2, on most plays the Corners just need to keep the play in front of them and come up and make the tackle so as long as he is a good tackler ( and most CBs from Ohio St are ) I think he'll do fine.

If we dont draft a corner and Youboty starts and ends up working out, Marv will look like a genius. Youboty moving into a starting role only would mean that we have one less hole to fill.

I doubt he starts on opening day as they will probobly have KT start until Ashton proves hes ready. Hopefully we can survive a couple games like that.

I say this....

I don't see it as the best ever. Our defense will never be any good if we can't stop the run. We made a huge mistake by passing on Ngata-he will be a perennial pro bowler and we still are unable to stop the run.

I for one would like to see what he can do... He was a top 5 CB in last years draft so we all know he has talent. I think the best thing happened when he wasn't thrown right into the fire and was allowed a year to play a few downs and learn HOW to play and do things at the NFL level. I think he will be better than we all think because of this and we will have a slight drop off from the play there last year.

My 2 cents

I think it will be obvious by how the Bills draft what they think of Ashton. If they think he is ready or is a real player waiting to happen (which none of us knows like the brass does) we will not be drafting a corner early. If they do draft a corner high, then we got some problems for 2007. I think the strategy of the draft will be to tighten the run and at the same time find a pass rusher. Sound simple enough?

I think it will be obvious by how the Bills draft what they think of Ashton. If they think he is ready or is a real player waiting to happen (which none of us knows like the brass does) we will not be drafting a corner early. If they do draft a corner high, then we got some problems for 2007. I think the strategy of the draft will be to tighten the run and at the same time find a pass rusher. Sound simple enough?

what do you consider "high"? seeing as how we have only 4 CBs on the roster, none of which are clear-cut starters, i dont think it speaks of Ashton's skills if they pick a CB on the first day.

what do you consider "high"? seeing as how we have only 4 CBs on the roster, none of which are clear-cut starters, i dont think it speaks of Ashton's skills if they pick a CB on the first day.

And in fact it might be more of a reflection on the staff's impression of McGee's skills.

I don't get the Youboty doubters. The kid can play and will play. Hopefully he will earn it in camp, but he is going to be a good corner and we will only worry about whether it is KT, McGee or a draft pick lining up next to him. I personally hope we don't take a CB before the third round this year, because I think we are going to be fine at that position with some added depth, and we don't need Leon Hall to keep from embarrassing ourselves.

Ssshhhhh! Got to make Cincy, Jints and Dullass compete to make a trade with Miami to get Hall.

I can't see CIN trading up - if only because they have no 3rd round pick (last year's supplemental draft - LB Ahmad Brooks).

You're right about them considering selecting a DB. CB Tory James is out of gas, and won't be retained, and S Kevin Kaesviharn signed with the Saints.

Possibly a LB, with Simmons gone to NO and David Pollack out of football with a broken neck.

No, I think respectivley Terrence McGee should be the #1 guy, Youboty is going to have to prove him self in Training Camp to be the guy at corner.

I just don't know what to say except...Are you trolling? He is asking about the other CB spot. You know how in football most defenses have 2 CB's on the field?

I'll move on now. :devil::worthy:

I just don't know what to say except...Are you trolling? He is asking about the other CB spot. You know how in football most defenses have 2 CB's on the field?

Geez LabattBlue.....between your avatar and wallbashing, you're a prime candidate for a concussion. Put on a helmet for cripes sake. :worthy:

Youboty takes over for Clements.

Who takes over for McGee since he can't play zone in the cover-2?

Probably will see a CB drafted in round 3.

I think that the Bills could clearly use some more competition at CB, but what drafting a CB on the 1st day speaks would not be a good thing to do in terms of Youbouty, but would mean not devoting first day choices to bigger needs for this team at positions such as RB (no starters currently on the roster as Thomas is a very good #2 but last gained 1000 yards rushing in 2003 and hit his highest total by starting in about 13 games that season.

DT where at best Triplett and Williams were OK last year and we need to find two players to step up alot from these two and McCargo and given that it is a rotation (unlike CB) we can use another near starter to replace Anderson.

OG where there are some possibilities to take the other side with Dockery but more competition would be as pivotal on the O side of the trenches as the D side.