LaMont Jordan????

Raiders | Raiders might lose Jordan

Thu, 1 Mar 2007 00:24:55 -0800

Steve Corkran, of the Contra Costa Times, reporting for the Sporting News, reports it's still possible the Oakland Raiders won't pay starting RB LaMont Jordan the roster bonus he is due in the coming weeks.

Steve Corkran, of the Contra Costa Times, reporting for the Sporting News, reports it's still possible the Oakland Raiders won't pay starting RB LaMont Jordan the roster bonus he is due in the coming weeks.

Pass. He was a backup RB in New York and never fulfilled his promise as a starter in Oakland.

Pass. He was a backup RB in New York and never fulfilled his promise as a starter in Oakland.

Yeah but compared to the names being throw out like TJ Duckett Ahman green, corey dillon, and jamal lewis, Jordan is actually good. If we were to trade willis, and jordan is available drafting a rb early and having them split carries would work well. As a starter I'd rather not have Jordan. He fumbles a lot and for as decent of a receiving back as he is he seems to drop just as many.

Spending last season mostly in the Bay Area, I love this guy. He plays with passion and was the only one in Silver and Black on offense that played with any passion. The Raiders had little passing attack..Moss had checked out and Walter and Brooks weren't good...I would be okay with Jordan in a mix of two...

Spending last season mostly in the Bay Area, I love this guy. He plays with passion and was the only one in Silver and Black on offense that played with any passion. The Raiders had little passing attack..Moss had checked out and Walter and Brooks weren't good...I would be okay with Jordan in a mix of two...

Yup. HIGHLY underrated. I believe two years ago he led the league in catches by a RB. He runs very hard and has great speed to the outside. Last year the Raiders' offense was perhaps the most poorly-designed NFL offense since Rich Kotite was in the League. I'm not a big fan of the, "I've heard of this guy, so let's sign him" threads, but this one actually makes some sense.

he had a pretty good year on a bad Raiders team his first year there...I think he is a good RB that could be a real good back if he lost 10-15 lbs

Forget it--saw him play out here......he is between average and good. Not as good as willis.

Forget it--saw him play out here......he is between average and good. Not as good as willis.

Yeah, the guy only knows how to pick up the blitz and is a great back catching the ball out of the backfield. As for a pure runner, I'd say he's equal to Willis (which is to say, average). Overall, Jordon would be an improvement over the RB play the Bills have had in recent years.

Yeah, the guy only knows how to pick up the blitz and is a great back catching the ball out of the backfield. As for a pure runner, I'd say he's equal to Willis (which is to say, average). Overall, Jordon would be an improvement over the RB play the Bills have had in recent years.

Hmmmm...Willis is still slightly better at running than Jordan. Jordan would be a good complementary back. He is not a guy to carry the load.

I cant argue with the blitz comment---and he can catch...but not quite a feature back.

You're crazy.

Can't you see that the Raiders bought into idea that he was more than a backup and got burned?

This is how I view Dominic Rhodes as well. I dread the idea of either of these guys as the Bills featured back.

You're crazy.

Can't you see that the Raiders bought into idea that he was more than a backup and got burned?

This is how I view Dominic Rhodes as well. I dread the idea of either of these guys as the Bills featured back.

I agree with you but jordan is much better then dominic rhodes. In a split carry backfield with Jordan/rookie 1st day pick it's much better then guys like tj duckett or ahman green, but no I would not want to see Jordan as an everydown starter as a solution to replacing willis.

You're crazy.

Jordon ran for over 1k yards, had 70 receptions and wracked up 9 TDs in 14 starts in his first full year as a starter. This behind one of the worst OLs I've ever seen. He battled injuries last season and only started 8 games and didn't look great in the games I caught him in. That being said the Raider OL last year was, perhaps, the worst OL I've ever seen in all my years of watching football. Jordon isn't worth a huge contract but if he could be gotten for a reasonable sum I have no problems with him coming in and sharing the load with A-Train (like a 70:30 share). Overall, it would be an improvement over McGahee who is a one dimensional back who's one dimension is average.

I’d much prefer this route to drafting an RB in the early rounds. The Bills have so many needs that it would be a waste to draft a RB early.

I agree with you but jordan is much better then dominic rhodes. In a split carry backfield with Jordan/rookie 1st day pick it's much better then guys like tj duckett or ahman green, but no I would not want to see Jordan as an everydown starter as a solution to replacing willis.

It might be better than Green or Duckett, but it would still suck real bad.

The Bills are in a big quandry. I realize defense wins championships, but if this offense goes backwards, it could just kill off this core group. If the offense sucks because of the lack of a running game, fingers start getting pointed, Losman loses confidence, veterans are pissed, team is divided. Back to 2005.

They aren't gonna win the Super Bowl this year. The offense is close, they have to solidify it this year (get a running back and a guard). They can concentrate on defense next year.

The Bills are in a big quandry. I realize defense wins championships, but if this offense goes backwards, it could just kill off this core group. If the offense sucks because of the lack of a running game, fingers start getting pointed, Losman loses confidence, veterans are pissed, team is divided. Back to 2005.

They aren't gonna win the Super Bowl this year. The offense is close, they have to solidify it this year (get a running back and a guard). They can concentrate on defense next year.

I agree with the basics of this a lot. I am all for bringing in young character guys who grow with the team. But there is a lot of worth in a couple veteran guys that are directly responsible for the glue that allows the young guys to mature. A veteran guard on this team helps the quarterback, the receivers and the running back to grow. A veteran receiver or TE could help all of them, too. A veteran CB once we lose Nate goes a long way to help the young guys by not necessarily forcing them into a position they cannot handle.

I agree with the basics of this a lot. I am all for bringing in young character guys who grow with the team. But there is a lot of worth in a couple veteran guys that are directly responsible for the glue that allows the young guys to mature. A veteran guard on this team helps the quarterback, the receivers and the running back to grow. A veteran receiver or TE could help all of them, too. A veteran CB once we lose Nate goes a long way to help the young guys by not necessarily forcing them into a position they cannot handle.

I think the Bills should get a veteran guard and draft a running back. A first-round worthy running back. I just hope that Marshawn Lynch has his head on straight enough that he would be worthy of the pick. I am very worried about the offense regressing, and the long term effect that could have.

Jordon ran for over 1k yards, had 70 receptions and wracked up 9 TDs in 14 starts in his first full year as a starter. This behind one of the worst OLs I've ever seen. He battled injuries last season and only started 8 games and didn't look great in the games I caught him in. That being said the Raider OL last year was, perhaps, the worst OL I've ever seen in all my years of watching football. Jordon isn't worth a huge contract but if he could be gotten for a reasonable sum I have no problems with him coming in and sharing the load with A-Train (like a 70:30 share). Overall, it would be an improvement over McGahee who is a one dimensional back who's one dimension is average.

I’d much prefer this route to drafting an RB in the early rounds. The Bills have so many needs that it would be a waste to draft a RB early.

Forget it-- i saw him play often----he just wasnt that great. He playeed a ton that first year......and was not consistent.

Would be a big mistake.He IS a good receiver.NOT A FEATURE /STARTER.

hahahaha, you are either high or just plain dumb!

hahahaha, you are either high or just plain dumb!

Or I've actually watched Willis play and recognize that, overall, he's not even an average back whereas Jordon is.

MDH...have you seen Jordan play? I know you've seen McGahee but Lamont Jordan isn't on the same level as Willis. Again I don't think Willis is elite or anything but Jordan's play leaves alot to be desired for Raiders fans. (my buddy being one of them)

I'd take McGahee over Jordan any day, any game.

And saying McGahee isn't even average is just rediculous. That's not true at all. He's at least average.

I don't like this thinking. No team should, at a stage in the game as early as we are, submit to the fact that they aren't going to win the SuperBowl. Especially the Bills, a team that won 5 of their last 7 games and has a good, young offense that came together down the stretch last year. Instead of just thinking that we'll fix the offense this year and the defense next year, we should be trying to find a way to maximize our resources to get players at every position at the level this team needs to compete NOW. There's no reason why we can't make the jump into the playoffs in '07. To already give up on this upcoming season is ludicrous.

I don't like this thinking. No team should, at a stage in the game as early as we are, submit to the fact that they aren't going to win the SuperBowl. Especially the Bills, a team that won 5 of their last 7 games and has a good, young offense that came together down the stretch last year. Instead of just thinking that we'll fix the offense this year and the defense next year, we should be trying to find a way to maximize our resources to get players at every position at the level this team needs to compete NOW. There's no reason why we can't make the jump into the playoffs in '07. To already give up on this upcoming season is ludicrous.

I'm not sure what to say, except that it doesn't work that way.

Did you think this past season that the Bills should have approached the season like they were gonna win the Super Bowl?

Do you think the Texans should approach this season like "This is the year"?

If so, your an idiot.

Did you think this past season that the Bills should have approached the season like they were gonna win the Super Bowl?

If so, your an idiot.

This post is laughable. If you really think the Bills are in the same position they were in last offseason or where the Texans are now...

This post is laughable. If you really think the Bills are in the same position they were in last offseason or where the Texans are now...

I didn't say that. You said

"No team should, at a stage in the game as early as we are, submit to the fact that they aren't going to win the SuperBowl"

Your words.

Not sure how many teams go from a team that hasn't made the playoffs, have a quarterback that has never even had a winning season (let alone played in a playoff game) to winners of the Super Bowl.

They are still building.

oh, one more thing.

DON"T BRING BACK LONDON FLETCHER

If so, your an idiot.

That was perhaps a tad harsh. However, I do agree it's unlikely we will win the SB this year. Sadly, we are playing this whole offseason like a NFL (due to financial constraints) Lite team. I would be cool with them overspending if there was a plan there. I would be cool with them spending money now to front load contracts.

Seems to me though they are just spending to get by. I am probably wrong and I do actually have a lot of faith in Levy...

In Marv we trust.

I didn't say that. You said

"No team should, at a stage in the game as early as we are, submit to the fact that they aren't going to win the SuperBowl"

Your words.

Not sure how many teams go from a team that hasn't made the playoffs, have a quarterback that has never even had a winning season (let alone played in a playoff game) to winners of the Super Bowl.

They are still building.

oh, one more thing.

DON"T BRING BACK LONDON FLETCHER

I don't feel I need to address this, other than to say you really have no reason to follow this team until around this time next year, do you? Then you can just watch game film to catch up on the playoffless 2007 that you missed, and you're all set!

Giving up on 2007 before free agency starts after going 5-3 in the second half of '06...catching my mistake with words doesn't change the fact that your viewpoint is retarded.

Jordan had 1025 yards rushing and 9 TDs in 2005 with 70 catches for 563 yards and another 2 TDs on a bad Oakland team

I think they are respectable numbers playing for that team and one of the worst lines in football

if the Raiders were a better team you would think he would have rushed for a little more and caught a little less, say 1200 yards rushing and 40 - 50 catches for 400 yards and a total of 10 TDs...thats just as good and probably better then Willis would probably do next year without the headache of wanting an extension

I dont think anyone is saying Jordan is a top 5 back but he is def just as good if not better then McGahee...he would be someone to consider if McGahee is traded