Decided against renewing the season tickets today

generaLee83

I'm a lifelong fan and will always love the Bills but I'm choosing to not give them my money this season. Here's why:

1. "Cash to cap"- makes good financial sense on paper until it's completely contradicted by a reported $23 million dollar contract being awarded to a 2nd tier defensive lineman. It also made no sense to go public with the whole "cash to cap" approach, it basically sent a message to the outside world of "hey, we're poor so don't come here looking for work cuz we can't pay you much" If the Bills wanted to have this approach then that's fine but why tell the entire world about it at a press conference, why not just say that "we will be running our institution in a fiscally responsible manner and we are looking to build a winner"? No other team has complained as much lately about money issues as the Bills and old Ralphie have.

2. The whole Willis fiasco, why the PHUK is Dick Jauron speaking to the media about a potential Willis trade? Who failed to tell him that it's a taboo subject? And why the PHUK did it ever get so public in the 1st place, now there are articles surfacing about him not knowing basic running plays, etc etc. His value is declining each day. I'd venture a guess and say that the Bills will get a 5th rounder for him or they will have to outright release him because if a trade is rejected he certainly won't want to play for the Bills. It will be a total loss.

3. Marv's approach of building a winning team through the draft is very noble but given that it takes 3-5 years to build a great player then the Bills will always be drafting replacements for their unrestricted free agents who want to go play where there is more money. Building a solid core of veteran players seems impossible under this approach.

I write all this in hopes that I am wrong and that all of these "approaches" work out and prove me to be the dumbest poster ever on TBD, I will renew tickets once I feel that this organization is going in the right direction.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Change where you are from under your avatar......nothing like good ole Buffalo Bandwagoners!!!!

I myself gave up 5 tickets last yr. I have many reasons why but the main reason was I felt I was bilked into getting all hyped up every yr then blam...Another losing season...I had enuff. I still enjoy watching the games..As a matter of fact I enjoy them more now because after another dissapointing loss like against the Titans i can just turn the TV off and smile knowing the Football Gods didnt get me for 4500 this yr..LOL..Call me bandwagon fan if you like too then...Show me commitment to build a Super Bowl Champion and I will fork over the money..If not Thank god for TV...

I want to stop hearing complaining from the Bills about how this or that is not fair. Quit making excuses and get the job done. If Willis isnt the answer trade his arse. I dont want to read about your dirty laundry fix the dang problem. If you cant afford the the present money situation Ralph sell the team. I am tired of the crying...Do something about it and get the job done..WIN A SUPER BOWL...Its only been 42 years..NO MORE EXCUSES

I think you'll regret it - you've sat through years of hyped garbage and now we finally have a good young quarterback and a team that is actually growing from within (as good teams do) and becoming a real threat - but you're scared off by "cash to the cap"? If the Bills had just done that without telling anybody, probably no one would have even noticed. As for the rest - who gives a crap about McGahee? People get traded all the time.

I think you are going to regret it also. People never cease to amaze me on here. They complain we dont spend money & then when we do to retain a young de who is just coming into his own people complain about that. So what, we may have overpaid for him, that is what it took to keep him off the market. Barring major injury, the bills will challenge for a playoff spot & not just the last spot for the wildcard, Im talking taking a run at the pats this year. I said it all along, the bills find a good young qb to build a team around & everything else is going to fall into place. I think based on the last 1/2 of the year, we got that guy in Losman.

As far as cash to the cap. The bills are basically saying we are going to spend 30-35 mill on new guaranteed contracts this year. Doesnt sound like they are being cheap to me at all.

It is going to be a fun ride this year. To bad you decided you dont want to come along for it.

I'm a lifelong fan and will always love the Bills but I'm choosing to not give them my money this season. Here's why:

1. "Cash to cap"- makes good financial sense on paper until it's completely contradicted by a reported $23 million dollar contract being awarded to a 2nd tier defensive lineman. It also made no sense to go public with the whole "cash to cap" approach, it basically sent a message to the outside world of "hey, we're poor so don't come here looking for work cuz we can't pay you much" If the Bills wanted to have this approach then that's fine but why tell the entire world about it at a press conference, why not just say that "we will be running our institution in a fiscally responsible manner and we are looking to build a winner"? No other team has complained as much lately about money issues as the Bills and old Ralphie have.

2. The whole Willis fiasco, why the PHUK is Dick Jauron speaking to the media about a potential Willis trade? Who failed to tell him that it's a taboo subject? And why the PHUK did it ever get so public in the 1st place, now there are articles surfacing about him not knowing basic running plays, etc etc. His value is declining each day. I'd venture a guess and say that the Bills will get a 5th rounder for him or they will have to outright release him because if a trade is rejected he certainly won't want to play for the Bills. It will be a total loss.

3. Marv's approach of building a winning team through the draft is very noble but given that it takes 3-5 years to build a great player then the Bills will always be drafting replacements for their unrestricted free agents who want to go play where there is more money. Building a solid core of veteran players seems impossible under this approach.

I write all this in hopes that I am wrong and that all of these "approaches" work out and prove me to be the dumbest poster ever on TBD, I will renew tickets once I feel that this organization is going in the right direction.

Good news is you can always buy tickets later if you change your mind. As far as Willis goes, I think DJ is just acknowledging what ws already out there as public info, maybe put out there by the Giants. It's a little early to judge Marv on his off-season moves. Let's see who the Bills take to Training camp and how some of the young players improve (or not).

dont let the door hit ya on the way out...

friggin fairweather bandwagon fans

I'm a lifelong fan and will always love the Bills but I'm choosing to not give them my money this season.

Are you sure that you are not just angry that you are stuck in the upper deck, because I can't imagine anyone in their right mind not renewing after this year, when you have suffered through previous years.

I have been starting to second guess my season tickets around this time for the past few years . But the truth is, I will always renew my tickets. There really is no other place I would rather be on a Sunday afternoon. Even though the Bills have been out of contention early for the past too many years, the week leading up may be no excitement, but once Sunday morning comes around I cannot wait for kickoff. See some of you in September, GO BILLS!!!!

Or as they're fond of saying down here...don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya.

Any current season ticket holder who doesn't renew his/her tickets for ANY reason other than financial difficulties should be ashamed. This team is in better shape than it has been this decade. There's nothing like the rants of morons who don't care to try and understand how or why Buffalo is trying to run a fiscally responsible organization given their economic situation. No -- these are the fools who just want the sexy, big name FA signings a la Washington and Dallas -- they've certainly made great Super Bowl runs recently.

To argue that you're making a "statement" to the Bills by not renewing your tickets is pure folly. The only thing you're doing is helping to support the argument of those who say WNY can't support the team.

I live in North freaking Carolina and still have a pair of tickets at the Ralph that my Dad (in NJ) and I split. We're Bills' fans, and we don't jump ship.

Agreed. I would give up alot to be able to attend every home game. Im stuck in South Florida and get to see them once a year. Stop acting like a bunch of biacthes and enjoy the games. What else are you going to do up there?

Ramius,

I thought that I made it clear in my post that I am and always will be a Buffalo fan. I just chose not to renew my tickets because I am unsatisfied with the product at hand and in my personal opinion it is not going to get better. I'm very sorry that you see this as being "friggin fareweather" or however you choose to phrase it. Nowhere in my original post did I curse out the players, the city or the heart of the fans. I merely believe that several recent managerial and PR moves by the Bills indicate a bigger problem at hand, now please don't be mad at me that I no longer wish to give my hard earned money to something that seems to be going in the wrong direction but it is my choice. I expressed my opinion because there are many thoughtful posters on this board and I was looking to get some decent repllies, not a four word insult that appears to have been typed out of anger and a lack of analysis.

I am not a wealthy person by any means and could see the money spent in better ways.

And if there is a Bills "bandwagon", it crashed in the mid 90's.

Ramius,

I thought that I made it clear in my post that I am and always will be a Buffalo fan. I just chose not to renew my tickets because I am unsatisfied with the product at hand and in my personal opinion it is not going to get better. I'm very sorry that you see this as being "friggin fareweather" or however you choose to phrase it. Nowhere in my original post did I curse out the players, the city or the heart of the fans. I merely believe that several recent managerial and PR moves by the Bills indicate a bigger problem at hand, now please don't be mad at me that I no longer wish to give my hard earned money to something that seems to be going in the wrong direction but it is my choice. I expressed my opinion because there are many thoughtful posters on this board and I was looking to get some decent repllies, not a four word insult that appears to have been typed out of anger and a lack of analysis.

I am not a wealthy person by any means and could see the money spent in better ways.

And if there is a Bills "bandwagon", it crashed in the mid 90's.

Giving up your seats is a personal, and financial decision. Coming to a Bills Board and making this declaration is a bit inflamatory, so I am not sure what you are surprised about.

As for me, I wish that I could go to more than my 1 game per season (13 straight years), and I have been against a majority of the moves made by the team. Nothing new there.

Imo, it is more about being up there having a good time with friends, and cheering for a franchise that I truly do care about.

Either way, I hope that you don't regret whatever decision you make.