20 RB's in a 32 team league are better than McGahee

RShirley

I think Ralph Wilson said it best when he said that the running back has been a disappointment. Not only is he a below average starting running back on the field, he is an embarassment off the field as well. I am not referring to the fact that he has fathered three kids with three different woman in the past year either. To deliberately "bite the hand that feeds you", by saying that if they were going to put a NFL team in Toronto they should just put the Bills there, is inexcusable. Many will argue that his comments were taken out of context and he was asked a hypothetical question, but it leaves no question as to what he really thinks of the city of Buffalo and its fans. As a season ticket holder, I would be sickened to spend my hard earned money to have to watch an average to below average ingrateful idiot with his level of class be rewarded with a huge contract in city that he just publicly embarrassed. I am fully confident that Marv and Ralph, realize that neither his talent level nor his character, are a good fit with what we are trying to build here in Buffalo. I have prepared a list of the running backs in this league that I would choose over Willis strictly based on performace, that prove that he is a below average back.

RB's I would rather have:

1. Ronnie Brown

2. Maroney

3. Rudi Johnson

4. Maurice Jones-Drew

5. Joseph Addai

6. L.T.

7. Larry Johnson

8. Travis Henry

9. Julius Jones

10. Tiki Barber (retiring)

11. Brian Westbrook

12. Shaun Alexander

13. Frank Gore

14. Stephen Jackson

15. Edgerrin James

16. Thomas Jones

17. Clinton Portis

18. Deuce McAllister

19. Reggie Bush

20. Warrick Dunn

RB's Willis is better than:

1. Cedric Houston or Leon Washington

2. Reuben Droughns

3. Corey Dillon

4. Jamal Lewis

5. Lamont Jordan

6. Tatum Bell or Mike Bell

7. Fred Taylor

8. Ron Dayne or Wali Lundy

9. Chester Taylor

10. Ahman Green

11. Kevin Jones

12. DeShaun Foster

13. Cadillac Williams

20 better than Willis and 13 he is better than puts him at a below average RB in the NFL.

I think Ralph Wilson said it best when he said that the running back has been a disappointment. Not only is he a below average starting running back on the field, he is an embarassment off the field as well. I am not referring to the fact that he has fathered three kids with three different woman in the past year either. To deliberately "bite the hand that feeds you", by saying that if they were going to put a NFL team in Toronto they should just put the Bills there, is inexcusable. Many will argue that his comments were taken out of context and he was asked a hypothetical question, but it leaves no question as to what he really thinks of the city of Buffalo and its fans. As a season ticket holder, I would be sickened to spend my hard earned money to have to watch an average to below average ingrateful idiot with his level of class be rewarded with a huge contract in city that he just publicly embarrassed. I am fully confident that Marv and Ralph, realize that neither his talent level nor his character, are a good fit with what we are trying to build here in Buffalo. I have prepared a list of the running backs in this league that I would choose over Willis strictly based on performace, that prove that he is a below average back.

1. Ronnie Brown

2. Maroney

3. Rudi Johnson

4. Maurice Jones-Drew

5. Joseph Addai

6. L.T.

7. Larry Johnson

8. Travis Henry

9. Julius Jones

11. Brian Westbrook

12. Shaun Alexander

13. Frank Gore

14. Stephen Jackson

15. Edgerrin James

16. Thomas Jones

17. Clinton Portis

18. Deuce McAllister

19. Reggie Bush

20. Warrick Dunn

2. Reuben Droughns

3. Corey Dillon

4. Jamal Lewis

5. Lamont Jordan

7. Fred Taylor

9. Chester Taylor

10. Ahman Green

11. Kevin Jones

12. DeShaun Foster

13. Cadillac Williams

20 better than Willis and 13 he is better than puts him at a below average RB in the NFL.

Hard to argue with this. When the owner says publically you're a disappointment, that's a bad sign.

It's funny how sports works sometimes. A few years ago everyone in Buffalo was saying how Henry wasn't a good enough RB and Willis McGahee would be a star. A few years later Henry looks like a top 10 back on another team and the Bills look like they'll need to draft another RB in the next 2 years.

1. Ronnie Brown

2. Maroney

3. Rudi Johnson

4. Maurice Jones-Drew

5. Joseph Addai

6. L.T.

7. Larry Johnson

8. Travis Henry

9. Julius Jones

11. Brian Westbrook

12. Shaun Alexander

13. Frank Gore

14. Stephen Jackson

15. Edgerrin James

16. Thomas Jones

17. Clinton Portis

18. Deuce McAllister

19. Reggie Bush

20. Warrick Dunn

2. Reuben Droughns

3. Corey Dillon

4. Jamal Lewis

5. Lamont Jordan

7. Fred Taylor

9. Chester Taylor

10. Ahman Green

11. Kevin Jones

12. DeShaun Foster

13. Cadillac Williams

The odd news is while this is certainly bad news for any fans who cares about the personality of their players, the key is that the combination of his clearly not being among the elite rushers in the league and his being a loudmouth simply eliminates any real leverage that he has to hold out.

The fact that none of the RBs you correctly (for the most part most people would likely agree) name as better than him is on the Bills roster means that the best management strategy for the Bills is almost certainly to stay the course and allow WM to play out his contract and head into FA next year.

This should produce a situation where he gets the noodge of wanting to perform well next year to cash in as an FA. If folks are right that he is unmotivated but really wants a big payday, next year should be a good one for him.

The Bills are in the drivers's seat contractually since if he really does produce like an elite RB next year, the Bills are getting his 07 production incredibly cheaply could simply choose to tag him if they wish and pay him the elite money of a top 5 average salary. If folks are so driven wild by his financial musings then the Bills would still retain the ability to move him for value, but those of us who care as little about his ramblings regarding whether the Bills should move as we do about his neanderthal attitude toward his baby mommas's I would happily take a phenomenal year on the field from WM next year and let the ownership chips fall where they may in terms of who owns (and pays a mint) for a WM motivated by his contract year to have a good year.

In essence, exactly the reasons you state are why WM is certainly likely to be a Bill next year.

1. Ronnie Brown

2. Maroney

3. Rudi Johnson

4. Maurice Jones-Drew

5. Joseph Addai

6. L.T.

7. Larry Johnson

8. Travis Henry

9. Julius Jones

11. Brian Westbrook

12. Shaun Alexander

13. Frank Gore

14. Stephen Jackson

15. Edgerrin James

16. Thomas Jones

17. Clinton Portis

18. Deuce McAllister

19. Reggie Bush

20. Warrick Dunn

Canceling out all the other stuff such ass off field "issues or personal" opinions I have decided to keep this strictly football related. Leaving the list of backs you would rather have and a comparison to Willis Mcgahee now obviously this will end up being lengthy but I'll break it down as much as possible

Willis McGahee vs Ronnie Brown

Rushing

Year Team G GS Att Yds Avg Lg TD 20+ 1st

2004 Buffalo Bills 16 11 284 1128 4.0 41 13 10 64

2005 Buffalo Bills 16 15 325 1247 3.8 27 5 4 71

2006 Buffalo Bills 14 14 259 990 3.8 57 6 4 48

TOTAL 46 40 868 3365 3.9 57 24 18 183

2005 Miami Dolphins 15 14 207 907 4.4 65 4 5 41

2006 Miami Dolphins 13 12 241 1008 4.2 47 5 6 49

TOTAL 28 26 448 1915 4.3 65 9 11 90

McGahee vs Brown analysis: Ronnie Brown has never been one to should the complete load of carries in college or the pros. Good but underutilzed receiver out of the backfield taken. His production thus far does not merit that of a 2nd overall pick. Infact could be considered pretty lousy given where he was taken. Fair is Fair. Granted it's a 3 to 2 year comparison but McGahee has 1450 more yards and 15 more tds. Again humanitarian opinions aside based soley on on the field play. Willis Edges out Ronnie.

Willis Mcgahee vs Laurence Maroney

Another back who shared carries in college and imo is not better then corey dillon nor his college teammate Marion Barber. Everyone seems in love with the guy. His biggest contribution has come on special teams. Longest run of the year for Maroney was 41 yards which was less then mcgahees 57 yarder. Did score 7 tds 6 rush 1 receiving, but overall did not give significant production. It could be argued he excelled in his role off the bench, but seeing how he's not yet shouldered the load. Statistics wise Willis gets the edge.

Willis Mcgahee vs Rudi Johnson

Rudi Slipped this year somewhat production wise specificialy in ypc down from 4.3 to 3.8. However he's been a consistent 12 td 1300+ yard back each of the last 3 seasons. It could be argued the offensive talent around him contributes but I'll call a spade a spade and give the edge to Rudi over Willis.

Willis Mcgahee vs Maurice Jones Drew

The 2nd on your list of rookie rb's. Probably the best of the bunch this season in Jones Drew. Him and Fred Taylor made an amazing 1-2 punch. Drew who could never stay healthy for a single season will need that taylor esque around. I doubt he'll ever be a guy who can handle too many touches. Id like to see if Drew can stay healthy while shouldering the load. 166 carries just isnt enough to go on, but since he is a dynamic big play threat. He gets the nod

Willis Mcgahee vs Joseph Addai

Came in and picked up the indy offense with no problem. However theres the snag we hit there. The indy offense. Addai will rarely if ever see 8 man fronts and most times teams will just sit in nickle or dime packages leaving lb's off the field. Rb's playing for indy have that luxury of never being the key of the indy offense. Addai may very well be the real deal. Willis gets the nod here.

Willis Mcgahee vs LT

Why he isn't 1st on your list I dont know but yeah obviously LT is better then everyone.

Wills Mcgahee vs LJ

Again LJ is obviously a more productive runner. I think the 4.3ypc he experienced this year is more of who he is compared to the 5.2 he had in 05 when he ran behind that monster line in KC. LJ is a workhorse who runs angry. If roles were reversed and we drafted LJ and KC drafted Willis I have little doubt we'd be having a different discussion. With that said LJ has obviously been more productive and gets the nod over Willis.

Willis Mcgahee vs Travis Henry

I actually think this is one of the better comparisons and overall they grade pretty equal. I've stated before I wish things would've worked out differently and Henry didn't throw a pissy fit. However he flat out lost his job in 2004 after originally being the starter. After 2 consecutive 300 yard seasons Henry experienced a career revival in tenn. Why no one is willing to give Willis the benefit of the doubt I don't know. Henry seems to be everyones favorite horse to back 3 years later. He'll eventualy lose the job to Lendale White, but he ran hard this year after cashing it in his last year here. Willis production in 3 years is similar to that of henry and willis probably did it with less talent around him. Willis Gets the edge based on how henry finished here.

Willis Mcgahee vs Julius Jones

This is a lot like the ronnie brown comparison. You can have julius jones, but then you're also giving up jp losman. Leaving that out of the equation though. Jones stats stack up better to Ronnie Brown then they do Willis. Actualy come to think of it this is a good argument against Ronnie brown. 1 1000 yard barely season. Did not finish the regular season well at all. No way I'd take him over Mcgahee. Less Productive with more talent around him. No way in hell.

Willis Mcgahee vs Tiki Barber

No comparison. Tiki has been the most productive back over the past 4-5 seasons. Reminds me a lot of Thurman. Shame he's retiring. Basically carried the giants on his back the past few years. I'll miss watching him. he gets the nod over Willis -_-

Willis Mcgahee vs Brian Westbrook

Took Westy 5 years to crack the 1000 yard barrier. Enjoying the best season of his career. It was great to watch tiki pass the torch to westbrook. Always a great receiver out of the backfield. Could follow tikis career path and explode from here on out. I'm gonna to give this to westbrook because I do think the best is yet to come from him, and that eagles offensive line which is tremdous btw in size and ability will be together for the next 3-5 years. Meanwhile Willis gets to run behind 1 decent offensive linemen :pirate:

Willis Mcgahee vs Shaun Alexander

No comparison again. Alexander has been one of the top 3 most productive rb's since he's been a starter. Would've beaten tomlinson to fastest to 100 if he didnt get injured. I've not been his biggest fan, but you can't argue against that kind of production. Alexander over Willis

Willis Mcgahee vs Frank Gore

Yeah I'm gonna go with Gore here. Gore is a top 5 talent who fell to the 3rd round. The niners got themselves a franchise caliber back as long as he continues to stay healthy.

Willis Mcgahee vs Steven Jackson

heh. I'm gonna go jackson here. I just think it's incredibly funny 3 rb's from the same division put up those kind of stats. Maybe NFC WEST rb's should be graded on a curve. Jackson gives you so damn much and the dude runs really hard. 346 carries and 90 receptions I dont care wear you play that's flat out amazing.

Willis Mcgahee vs Edge

This one is probably the closest in comparison. Only because I think the bills oline is just as sh------- as the cardinals. Edge did crack the 1000 yard barrier only at 3.4ypc. Ain't it funny what happens when you don't play with Peyton Manning and do face 8 man fronts. Which has a lot more to do with where he's playing then "slowing down". He cashed out for his big pay day. However at a hefty price for the non exposure cardinals. Longest run of the year 18 yards. Nod to Willis based on age and potential from here on out.

Willis Mcgahee vs Thomas Jones

Another good one. Only took the guy 6 years to put up 1000 yards after putting up 730 carries for 2839 yards at 3.8 ypc for his first 5 years. Funny what happens when you're put on a good team. After being never able to stay healthy. Willis Gets the nod. For a guy who a top 10 pick his career has been a severe dissapointment

Willis Mcgahee vs Clinton Portis

Factoring in his time spent in Denver really helps boost portis's case. Mcgahee is a more talented rb but Portis has the production so I give the nod to portis.

Willis Mcgahee vs Deuce Mcallister

Ask me this question 4 years ago I would've said Deuce Mcallister. Now I have to give the nod to Mcgahee. Mcallisters production the past 3 years has been pretty blah. After a bad time of it in 2005 the saints drafted reggie bush and Mcallister produced again. However surround Mcgahee with the kind of talents the saints have or even minimal runblocking he'd produce better than 1057 yards and 10 tds.

Willis Mcgahee vs Reggie Bush

Yeah Id take Reggie Bush. He'd be awesome as a #2 wr. :thumbsup: His ypc was really boosted by his end of the season when he had 1 game with 20 carries but 2 other games with over 6ypc in which he attempted under 7 rush attempts. He's not a very good runner yet. Heck of a receiver out of the backfield. When he learns to follow blocks he could be great. Will learn the hard way he can beat everyone to the edge in the nfl. Willis gets the nod as a runner. Reggie for being a better receiver. However as this is a rb comparison Willis gets the nod.

Willis Mcgahee vs Warrick Dunn

Enjoyed 3 consecutive 1000 yard seasons as a member of the atlanta falcons. In the 7 years prior to that that he had 2. Picture yourself a defensive coordinator your 1st matchuo is vs the falcons do you game plan for A. Contain Mike Vick from running or B. Man we gotta stop that warrick dunn. If you chose B and didn't catch yourself laughing, congratulations you're the Kevin Gilbride of defensive coordinators.

In closing I've realized a few things. One I have a lot of time on my hands. I love debating football. As far as the rbs you listed I'd tank the following as more productive then Willis.

1. LT

2. LJ

3. TIKI

4. Westbrook

5. Steven Jackson

6. Frank Gore

7. Shaun Alexander

8. Rudi Johnson

9. Clinton Portis

10. Jones Drew

Canceling out all the other stuff such ass off field "issues or personal" opinions I have decided to keep this strictly football related. Leaving the list of backs you would rather have and a comparison to Willis Mcgahee now obviously this will end up being lengthy but I'll break it down as much as possible

Rushing

McGahee vs Brown analysis: Ronnie Brown has never been one to should the complete load of carries in college or the pros. Good but underutilzed receiver out of the backfield taken. His production thus far does not merit that of a 2nd overall pick. Infact could be considered pretty lousy given where he was taken. Fair is Fair. Granted it's a 3 to 2 year comparison but McGahee has 1450 more yards and 15 more tds. Again humanitarian opinions aside based soley on on the field play. Willis Edges out Ronnie.

Another back who shared carries in college and imo is not better then corey dillon nor his college teammate Marion Barber. Everyone seems in love with the guy. His biggest contribution has come on special teams. Longest run of the year for Maroney was 41 yards which was less then mcgahees 57 yarder. Did score 7 tds 6 rush 1 receiving, but overall did not give significant production. It could be argued he excelled in his role off the bench, but seeing how he's not yet shouldered the load. Statistics wise Willis gets the edge.

Rudi Slipped this year somewhat production wise specificialy in ypc down from 4.3 to 3.8. However he's been a consistent 12 td 1300+ yard back each of the last 3 seasons. It could be argued the offensive talent around him contributes but I'll call a spade a spade and give the edge to Rudi over Willis.

The 2nd on your list of rookie rb's. Probably the best of the bunch this season in Jones Drew. Him and Fred Taylor made an amazing 1-2 punch. Drew who could never stay healthy for a single season will need that taylor esque around. I doubt he'll ever be a guy who can handle too many touches. Id like to see if Drew can stay healthy while shouldering the load. 166 carries just isnt enough to go on, but since he is a dynamic big play threat. He gets the nod

Came in and picked up the indy offense with no problem. However theres the snag we hit there. The indy offense. Addai will rarely if ever see 8 man fronts and most times teams will just sit in nickle or dime packages leaving lb's off the field. Rb's playing for indy have that luxury of never being the key of the indy offense. Addai may very well be the real deal. Willis gets the nod here.

Willis Mcgahee vs LT

Why he isn't 1st on your list I dont know but yeah obviously LT is better then everyone.

Wills Mcgahee vs LJ

Again LJ is obviously a more productive runner. I think the 4.3ypc he experienced this year is more of who he is compared to the 5.2 he had in 05 when he ran behind that monster line in KC. LJ is a workhorse who runs angry. If roles were reversed and we drafted LJ and KC drafted Willis I have little doubt we'd be having a different discussion. With that said LJ has obviously been more productive and gets the nod over Willis.

I actually think this is one of the better comparisons and overall they grade pretty equal. I've stated before I wish things would've worked out differently and Henry didn't throw a pissy fit. However he flat out lost his job in 2004 after originally being the starter. After 2 consecutive 300 yard seasons Henry experienced a career revival in tenn. Why no one is willing to give Willis the benefit of the doubt I don't know. Henry seems to be everyones favorite horse to back 3 years later. He'll eventualy lose the job to Lendale White, but he ran hard this year after cashing it in his last year here. Willis production in 3 years is similar to that of henry and willis probably did it with less talent around him. Willis Gets the edge based on how henry finished here.

This is a lot like the ronnie brown comparison. You can have julius jones, but then you're also giving up jp losman. Leaving that out of the equation though. Jones stats stack up better to Ronnie Brown then they do Willis. Actualy come to think of it this is a good argument against Ronnie brown. 1 1000 yard barely season. Did not finish the regular season well at all. No way I'd take him over Mcgahee. Less Productive with more talent around him. No way in hell.

No comparison. Tiki has been the most productive back over the past 4-5 seasons. Reminds me a lot of Thurman. Shame he's retiring. Basically carried the giants on his back the past few years. I'll miss watching him. he gets the nod over Willis -_-

Took Westy 5 years to crack the 1000 yard barrier. Enjoying the best season of his career. It was great to watch tiki pass the torch to westbrook. Always a great receiver out of the backfield. Could follow tikis career path and explode from here on out. I'm gonna to give this to westbrook because I do think the best is yet to come from him, and that eagles offensive line which is tremdous btw in size and ability will be together for the next 3-5 years. Meanwhile Willis gets to run behind 1 decent offensive linemen :pirate:

No comparison again. Alexander has been one of the top 3 most productive rb's since he's been a starter. Would've beaten tomlinson to fastest to 100 if he didnt get injured. I've not been his biggest fan, but you can't argue against that kind of production. Alexander over Willis

Yeah I'm gonna go with Gore here. Gore is a top 5 talent who fell to the 3rd round. The niners got themselves a franchise caliber back as long as he continues to stay healthy.

heh. I'm gonna go jackson here. I just think it's incredibly funny 3 rb's from the same division put up those kind of stats. Maybe NFC WEST rb's should be graded on a curve. Jackson gives you so damn much and the dude runs really hard. 346 carries and 90 receptions I dont care wear you play that's flat out amazing.

Willis Mcgahee vs Edge

This one is probably the closest in comparison. Only because I think the bills oline is just as sh------- as the cardinals. Edge did crack the 1000 yard barrier only at 3.4ypc. Ain't it funny what happens when you don't play with Peyton Manning and do face 8 man fronts. Which has a lot more to do with where he's playing then "slowing down". He cashed out for his big pay day. However at a hefty price for the non exposure cardinals. Longest run of the year 18 yards. Nod to Willis based on age and potential from here on out.

Another good one. Only took the guy 6 years to put up 1000 yards after putting up 730 carries for 2839 yards at 3.8 ypc for his first 5 years. Funny what happens when you're put on a good team. After being never able to stay healthy. Willis Gets the nod. For a guy who a top 10 pick his career has been a severe dissapointment

Factoring in his time spent in Denver really helps boost portis's case. Mcgahee is a more talented rb but Portis has the production so I give the nod to portis.

Ask me this question 4 years ago I would've said Deuce Mcallister. Now I have to give the nod to Mcgahee. Mcallisters production the past 3 years has been pretty blah. After a bad time of it in 2005 the saints drafted reggie bush and Mcallister produced again. However surround Mcgahee with the kind of talents the saints have or even minimal runblocking he'd produce better than 1057 yards and 10 tds.

Yeah Id take Reggie Bush. He'd be awesome as a #2 wr. :thumbsup: His ypc was really boosted by his end of the season when he had 1 game with 20 carries but 2 other games with over 6ypc in which he attempted under 7 rush attempts. He's not a very good runner yet. Heck of a receiver out of the backfield. When he learns to follow blocks he could be great. Will learn the hard way he can beat everyone to the edge in the nfl. Willis gets the nod as a runner. Reggie for being a better receiver. However as this is a rb comparison Willis gets the nod.

Enjoyed 3 consecutive 1000 yard seasons as a member of the atlanta falcons. In the 7 years prior to that that he had 2. Picture yourself a defensive coordinator your 1st matchuo is vs the falcons do you game plan for A. Contain Mike Vick from running or B. Man we gotta stop that warrick dunn. If you chose B and didn't catch yourself laughing, congratulations you're the Kevin Gilbride of defensive coordinators.

In closing I've realized a few things. One I have a lot of time on my hands. I love debating football. As far as the rbs you listed I'd tank the following as more productive then Willis.

1. LT

2. LJ

3. TIKI

4. Westbrook

5. Steven Jackson

6. Frank Gore

7. Shaun Alexander

8. Rudi Johnson

9. Clinton Portis

10. Jones Drew

nice analysis, but i'll go out on a limb and add that it's pretty clear that mcgahee isn't as good as fred taylor, even now.

p.s. mcallister was hurt last year with an acl tear, but just before the injury he was starting to tear it up (indeed, against the bills in san antonio). he seems to be completely healthy now, and i think he's better than mcgahee. in fact, he is really the guy we were hoping we'd get when we drafted WM - a power guy who can outrun people.

Why is everyone so bitter about his comments? It is true. Putting a team in T.O will only hurt the Bills chances of being able to stay in Buffalo (they would lose a chunk of their fanbase that comes from across the boarder) Buffalo can barely support the team without competition, how are they going to compete with another team close by?

Also, by keeping the team closer they could still keep some of their original fanbase (although I know some of you have previously said that you would not support them if they weren't in Buffalo). If they were to go to LA they would lose most of their fanbase and make it harder for the majority of the fans to continue to support them.

If I was asked where I prefered the team to move to (and I could say Downtown Buffalo so its a shorter drive for me) I would chose Toronto since its still closer then LA

There are many other reasons to be displeased with Willis, these comments are not one of them. He still said he thought the fans were great and liked Buffalo, but everyone will leave those parts out and focus on the negatives

If I was asked where I prefered the team to move to (and I could say Downtown Buffalo so its a shorter drive for me) I would chose Toronto since its still closer then LA

Also, I guess players really like Toronto because it is a big city with big life styles...compared to Buffalo. The real question is can Toronto support a NFL team along with its CFL, NHL and NBA teams.

Why is everyone so bitter about his comments? It is true. Putting a team in T.O will only hurt the Bills chances of being able to stay in Buffalo (they would lose a chunk of their fanbase that comes from across the boarder) Buffalo can barely support the team without competition, how are they going to compete with another team close by?

Also, by keeping the team closer they could still keep some of their original fanbase (although I know some of you have previously said that you would not support them if they weren't in Buffalo). If they were to go to LA they would lose most of their fanbase and make it harder for the majority of the fans to continue to support them.

There are many other reasons to be displeased with Willis, these comments are not one of them. He still said he thought the fans were great and liked Buffalo, but everyone will leave those parts out and focus on the negatives

Many folks don't like WM at all and are happy to recieve anything to complain about which he does or says. Interpreting what he says in the worst light they can is par for the course.

I think regardless of whether someone chooses to interpret this in a way that offends them, I think it is fairly silly to choose to be offended by what any football player thinks about this issue.

Also, I guess players really like Toronto because it is a big city with big life styles...compared to Buffalo. The real question is can Toronto support a NFL team along with its CFL, NHL and NBA teams.

and a MLB team too (the only TO team I support, well besides the Raptors if I actually gave a crap about Basketball)

I think they might be able to support a NFL team because it can pull from alot of untapped markets. Not many people travel from farther then TO to watch the Bills or have a chance to go to other NFL venues to watch a game, so it would bring in new fans and can also draw from Bills fans that would still support the team.

They won't lose out support to the leafs, the team that might suffer is the Argos. Toronto also can supply alot more corporate support for a team then Buffalo can

They won't lose out support to the leafs, the team that might suffer is the Argos. Toronto also can supply alot more corporate support for a team then Buffalo can

I think that will be the biggest benefit.....They will sell out all those luxury boxes than how they have struggled in Buffalo.....

However, moving to Toronto will require a brand new stadium to be built in downtown Toronto...

Many folks don't like WM at all and are happy to recieve anything to complain about which he does or says. Interpreting what he says in the worst light they can is par for the course.

I think regardless of whether someone chooses to interpret this in a way that offends them, I think it is fairly silly to choose to be offended by what any football player thinks about this issue.

I think it just annoys many of us to have to watch a below average back, who has never made a meaningful play in three years, have his agent ask for a substantial pay increase, while at the same time making comments about the very city he just asked for an extension. Whether he is right or wrong about the long term viability of the Bills in Buffalo is besides the point, he should know enough to keep his mouth shut. Most of us knew he is a complete moron, but now he has removed all doubt. You would be more willing to let it go in one ear and out the other, if he was actually a good running back.

It's incredible. When Moulds came out and said Holcomb should be the stater, this entire board was ready to run him out of town because he "needed to keep his mouth shut."

When Travis spoke out and said drafting Willlis McGahee was a "slap in the face," this whole board was ready to run him out of town because he "needed to keep his mouth shut."

Both those players have been to the Pro Bowl and were very productive for their teams.

When WM speaks up about where he thinks the Bills should be moved to, the board is rushing to his defense.

Amazing...

I think it just annoys many of us to have to watch a below average back, who has never made a meaningful play in three years, have his agent ask for a substantial pay increase, while at the same time making comments about the very city he just asked for an extension. Whether he is right or wrong about the long term viability of the Bills in Buffalo is besides the point, he should know enough to keep his mouth shut. Most of us knew he is a complete moron, but now he has removed all doubt. You would be more willing to let it go in one ear and out the other, if he was actually a good running back.

Rushing

Willis Mcgahee vs LT

Wills Mcgahee vs LJ

Willis Mcgahee vs Edge

1. LT

2. LJ

3. TIKI

4. Westbrook

5. Steven Jackson

6. Frank Gore

7. Shaun Alexander

8. Rudi Johnson

9. Clinton Portis

10. Jones Drew

I know its early........but........POST OF THE YEAR. VERY WELL PUT!!!

Did anyone notice the trend in that good analysis of WM vs. most other backs in the league, that the productive backs were on teams with good OL's ? Wm will be fine once we get a better OL that can open holes and keep DT's off of WM.

My own personal spin on what any football player or movie star says is I couldn't care one little bit. Everyone has an opinion and no matter what you say someone will take issue with it, so screw it ! Who cares what WM says, people shouldn't pay that much attention to what they say in the first place. Personally I'm to busy living my life to take offense about what Wm says. Just my 3 cents.

1. Ronnie Brown

2. Maroney

3. Rudi Johnson

4. Maurice Jones-Drew

5. Joseph Addai

6. L.T.

7. Larry Johnson

8. Travis Henry

9. Julius Jones

11. Brian Westbrook

12. Shaun Alexander

13. Frank Gore

14. Stephen Jackson

15. Edgerrin James

16. Thomas Jones

17. Clinton Portis

18. Deuce McAllister

19. Reggie Bush

20. Warrick Dunn

2. Reuben Droughns

3. Corey Dillon

4. Jamal Lewis

5. Lamont Jordan

7. Fred Taylor

9. Chester Taylor

10. Ahman Green

11. Kevin Jones

12. DeShaun Foster

13. Cadillac Williams

You are being very kind to Willis.

I would say there are 27 better than Willis (add Dillon, both Bells, both Taylors, Cadillac, and Kevin Jones [barely])

It's funny how sports works sometimes. A few years ago everyone in Buffalo was saying how Henry wasn't a good enough RB and Willis McGahee would be a star. A few years later Henry looks like a top 10 back on another team and the Bills look like they'll need to draft another RB in the next 2 years.

Yeah, imagine, talk was cheap.

Did anyone notice the trend in that good analysis of WM vs. most other backs in the league, that the productive backs were on teams with good OL's ? Wm will be fine once we get a better OL that can open holes and keep DT's off of WM.

My own personal spin on what any football player or movie star says is I couldn't care one little bit. Everyone has an opinion and no matter what you say someone will take issue with it, so screw it ! Who cares what WM says, people shouldn't pay that much attention to what they say in the first place. Personally I'm to busy living my life to take offense about what Wm says. Just my 3 cents.

Obviously a lot of folks think enough about the importance of WM's views that pro or con they have a reaction to what he says,

For me its hard to care less about what he says and thus I am not offended by what he says.

Since I do care about the Bills performance the fact that he has yet to produce a full 16 game explosive season is a matter that I care about, but the answer as far as that goes is that in managing his contract he has so little leverage that even if were not represented by a jerk whose players usually do not hold out it seems incredibly doubtful he would sit next year.

The Bills show all signs to me of being in contractual drivers' seat. WM will have every fiscal incentive to have a big year next year in his FA year. If he doesn't thats a pain but one simply lets him walk. If he does produce at an elite RB level the Bills can either sign him long-term or tag him if they want.

As long as WM does not cause any troubles for his fellow players (I see no sign of this) because I give no import whatsoever to WM's ramblings about the Bills overall fiscal status I am not offended by whatever he says about things be it about his baby mommas or whether the Bills stay or go.

What I actually find somewhat surprising (though I guess I shouldn't since lots of folks love a good soap opera or derive pleasure from disliking someone) is that a number of folks seem to find such import in WM's ramblings before the media that they choose to be offended or endorse by what he says.

As long as what he says has no crucial impact on his teammates I really could not care less what he says. Obviously some do.

I think that it was more Donahoe......I had no problem with Henry's production while he was here

Obviously a lot of folks think enough about the importance of WM's views that pro or con they have a reaction to what he says,

For me its hard to care less about what he says and thus I am not offended by what he says.

Since I do care about the Bills performance the fact that he has yet to produce a full 16 game explosive season is a matter that I care about, but the answer as far as that goes is that in managing his contract he has so little leverage that even if were not represented by a jerk whose players usually do not hold out it seems incredibly doubtful he would sit next year.

The Bills show all signs to me of being in contractual drivers' seat. WM will have every fiscal incentive to have a big year next year in his FA year. If he doesn't thats a pain but one simply lets him walk. If he does produce at an elite RB level the Bills can either sign him long-term or tag him if they want.

As long as WM does not cause any troubles for his fellow players (I see no sign of this) because I give no import whatsoever to WM's ramblings about the Bills overall fiscal status I am not offended by whatever he says about things be it about his baby mommas or whether the Bills stay or go.

What I actually find somewhat surprising (though I guess I shouldn't since lots of folks love a good soap opera or derive pleasure from disliking someone) is that a number of folks seem to find such import in WM's ramblings before the media that they choose to be offended or endorse by what he says.

As long as what he says has no crucial impact on his teammates I really could not care less what he says. Obviously some do.

i swore to myself that i wouldn't say anything more about this, but i will add here that you seem to be endorsing the notion that fans should see players as automotons with varying degrees of functionality on the assembly line we call professional football. not surprisingly, that's not how the world works. since fans are rooting for real live human beings -- not simulated ones, a la madden -- they tend to become invested in what makes them human: their personalities as well as their ability to help the team win. lamenting this fact seems to me to be about as effective as spitting into the ocean.

Why do you care so much about what people think or say about Willis? You keep on expounding about this over and over again. Sorry if some people give a crap what their supposed "best runningback in football" says and does off the field. You can sweep it under the carpet all you want but players actions off the field sometimes DO have an impact on the team. It's called being a distraction. Tiki Barber's team began to tank when he started to open his mouth, McGahee tanked as soon as he said he was the best runningback in football. Our team tanked last season when the players started to yap it up to the media instead of pulling together. TO's team would have been much better off without the constant distraction he created. Willis is clearly a knucklehead. Granting an interview to penthouse? In a word, moronic. Saying the Bills moving to Toronto would be a good thing? A 10 on the moron scale. Getting less than 1000 yards this season? Simply priceless. Knocking up three diffrent women? Jackass. He's lost every last bit of his cache with the Bills fans that you're upset with who are embarassed and at the end of their rope with Willis. Get off the high horse because we're not going away anytime soon. In fact, the numbers will only increase as long as that moron stays here.

Why do you care so much about what people think or say about Willis? You keep on expounding about this over and over again. Sorry if some people give a crap what their supposed "best runningback in football" says and does off the field. You can sweep it under the carpet all you want but players actions off the field sometimes DO have an impact on the team. It's called being a distraction. Tiki Barber's team began to tank when he started to open his mouth, McGahee tanked as soon as he said he was the best runningback in football. Our team tanked last season when the players stated to yap it up to the media instead of pulling together. TO's team would have been much better off without the constant distraction of he created. Willis is clearly a knucklehead. Granting an interview to penthouse? In a word, moronic. Saying the Bills moving to Toronto would be a good thing? A 10 on the moron scale. Getting less than 1000 yards this season? Simply priceless. Knocking up three diffrent women? Jackass. He's lost every last bit of his cache with the Bills fans that you're upset with who are embarassed and at the end of their rope with Willis. Get off the high horse because we're not going away anytime soon. In fact, the numbers will only increase as long as that moron stays here.

Thank-you.............anybody that doesn't take just a little offense to what he said, imo is not a die-hard Bills fan. I think an athlete owes just a little bit of loyalty to the city and the fans in which he plays. Not that anything out of that buffons mouth matters, but it was a clear slap in the face to the fans that have had to suffer through watching him play like a bumbling fool for three years, to say the Bills should move to Toronto.

1. Ronnie Brown

2. Maroney

3. Rudi Johnson

4. Maurice Jones-Drew

5. Joseph Addai

6. L.T.

7. Larry Johnson

8. Travis Henry

9. Julius Jones

11. Brian Westbrook

12. Shaun Alexander

13. Frank Gore

14. Stephen Jackson

15. Edgerrin James

16. Thomas Jones

17. Clinton Portis

18. Deuce McAllister

19. Reggie Bush

20. Warrick Dunn

2. Reuben Droughns

3. Corey Dillon

4. Jamal Lewis

5. Lamont Jordan

7. Fred Taylor

9. Chester Taylor

10. Ahman Green

11. Kevin Jones

12. DeShaun Foster

13. Cadillac Williams

Very accurate--altho Fred taylor when healthy...........

Thank-you.............anybody that doesn't take just a little offense to what he said, imo is not a die-hard Bills fan. I think an athlete owes just a little bit of loyalty to the city and the fans in which he plays. Not that anything out of that buffons mouth matters, but it was a clear slap in the face to the fans that have had to suffer through watching him play like a bumbling fool for three years, to say the Bills should move to Toronto.

im a die hard bills fan. and a die hard buffalonian.

but im not the least bit irked about what he said.

cause i dont read into his words, or take them out of context, or overreact about basically nothing.

It's incredible. When Moulds came out and said Holcomb should be the stater, this entire board was ready to run him out of town because he "needed to keep his mouth shut."

When Travis spoke out and said drafting Willlis McGahee was a "slap in the face," this whole board was ready to run him out of town because he "needed to keep his mouth shut."

Both those players have been to the Pro Bowl and were very productive for their teams.

When WM speaks up about where he thinks the Bills should be moved to, the board is rushing to his defense.

Amazing...

Dawgg,

You talk as if the fans were responsible for running Moulds and Henry off to Houston and Tennessee.

The year Travis spoke out, he actually performed badly. He never could accept another RB on the roster and elevate his play further.

Eric Moulds had declining skills as evident with his performance with the Texans when he spoke out against JP and in favor of Holcomb.

I don't see how McGahees comments have disrupted that Bills locker room unlike what those two guys actually said.

Moulds was speaking on behalf OF the locker room and as the longest tenured veteran on the team.

Travis was speaking out after Willis was drafted (a year removed from a Pro Bowl).

Willis is talking after a sub par year filled with hype and inconsistent play.

Dawgg,

You talk as if the fans were responsible for running Moulds and Henry off to Houston and Tennessee.

The year Travis spoke out, he actually performed badly. He never could accept another RB on the roster and elevate his play further.

Eric Moulds had declining skills as evident with his performance with the Texans when he spoke out against JP and in favor of Holcomb.

I don't see how McGahees comments have disrupted that Bills locker room unlike what those two guys actually said.

im a die hard bills fan. and a die hard buffalonian.

but im not the least bit irked about what he said.

cause i dont read into his words, or take them out of context, or overreact about basically nothing.

It seems the only thing that irks you are Buffalo fans that have a negative attitude towards Willis' support on the team's possible move to Toronto.

Die hard Bills fan and Buffalonian? That's a good one.

I recall having a pretty crappy o-line in 2002 and 2003 as well. Yet, Travis Henry managed 1438 and 1356 yards in those season with 13 and 10 touchdowns respectively. I don't mean that to be a comparison of the two backs per se, but a good back can still flourish even with a poor offensive line.

they won/t support it any worse than Buffalo does.

The ability to support corporate luxury boxes will by itself make Toronto a muchmore attractive location than Buffalo.

Not to mention all of the blackouts that will be avoided.

they won/t support it any worse than Buffalo does.

The ability to support corporate luxury boxes will by itself make Toronto a muchmore attractive location than Buffalo.

Not to mention all of the blackouts that will be avoided.

As much as I do not want this to happen, there is no question that Toronto could support a team. It's the 5th largest city in North America, behind NYC, LA, Mexico City, and (I think) Chicago.

I recall having a pretty crappy o-line in 2002 and 2003 as well. Yet, Travis Henry managed 1438 and 1356 yards in those season with 13 and 10 touchdowns respectively. I don't mean that to be a comparison of the two backs per se, but a good back can still flourish even with a poor offensive line.

What were their respective rushing averages the year that they both played behind the same offensive line?

What were their respective rushing averages the year that they both played behind the same offensive line?

3.5 vs. 4.1

Kinda hard to compare that year though, due to the overall number of carries each guy got (90 vs. 284).

As much as I do not want this to happen, there is no question that Toronto could support a team. It's the 5th largest city in North America, behind NYC, LA, Mexico City, and (I think) Chicago.

metro Toronto is very large--about 5.5 million including hamilton---but ranks behind Dallas,Washington/Baltimore,San Francisco,philadelphia and Boston as well.

you guys are all acting like he came out, grabbed the mic and said "this team should move to toronto! buffalo sucks!"

he was asked about A team in toronto, and he first said that it would probably be a good idea. THEN his next comment about moving the Bills there had more to do with fan base and proximity. and you know he's right. you think buffalo is in trouble now, if they put a new team in toronto the bills would be gone within 5 years.

should he have said what he said? probably not.

but he wasnt thinking about what all the oversensitive people in buffalo would think. sorry some dude from miami who happens to work in buffalo isnt woried about your feelings. but he was thinking in terms of what would be good for the NFL, the people that pay him. not about you. im sure he'll consult you before the next press conference.

i dont like the thought of the Bills moving. ever. but its not like Willis McGahee was the first one to suggest it, and its all going to be his doing if the team moves. you guys are on a witch hunt because none of us like the idea and now you have a face to tag onto that idea.

metro Toronto is very large--about 5.5 million including hamilton---but ranks behind Dallas,Washington/Baltimore,San Francisco,philadelphia and Boston as well.

Actually that isn't true. The city became the 5th largest in NA in the late 90's when the metro area incorporated/expanded into the surrounding areas.

But don't take my word for it:

http://www.toronto.ca/invest-in-toronto/tor_overview.htm

edit: Also - http://www.mongabay.com/igapo/North_American_cities.htm

you guys are all acting like he came out, grabbed the mic and said "this team should move to toronto! buffalo sucks!"

he was asked about A team in toronto, and he first said that it would probably be a good idea. THEN his next comment about moving the Bills there had more to do with fan base and proximity. and you know he's right. you think buffalo is in trouble now, if they put a new team in toronto the bills would be gone within 5 years.

should he have said what he said? probably not.

but he wasnt thinking about what all the oversensitive people in buffalo would think. sorry some dude from miami who happens to work in buffalo isnt woried about your feelings. but he was thinking in terms of what would be good for the NFL, the people that pay him. not about you. im sure he'll consult you before the next press conference.

i dont like the thought of the Bills moving. ever. but its not like Willis McGahee was the first one to suggest it, and its all going to be his doing if the team moves. you guys are on a witch hunt because none of us like the idea and now you have a face to tag onto that idea.

By making that comment, Willis was being disloyal to the City of Buffalo and the fans of their beloved Bills. You're right, he clearly isn't worried about the "feelings" of Bills fans. I'm not worried about Willis' feelings either. I just think he should do what he does best and go f himself.

Actually that isn't true. The city became the 5th largest in NA in the late 90's when the metro area incorporated/expanded into the surrounding areas.

But don't take my word for it:

http://www.toronto.ca/invest-in-toronto/tor_overview.htm

edit: Also - http://www.mongabay.com/igapo/North_American_cities.htm

It says CITY population there. I specifically mentioned metro area.because city population means little. Boston--a huge metro area--has only 400,000 or so residents. Look at wikipedia