In Honor Of Bills-Jets Week...

Patience

Seems like a lifetime ago...and it will seem like another lifetime until the Bills are back in the playoffs.

Look at the stars, Kelly, Smith, Reed...and the stars in waiting, Thurman, Biscuit, on that team...this current crop is light years behind. :)

If that team and that game happened now, this place would probably be bitching about how the Bills only barely beat a crappy team like the Jets, at home, with so much at stake. They should have killed them! The defense needed to stop the Jets from getting into field goal range at the end of the game, but couldn't do it and had to rely on a fluke FG block to save the win. And what's with Reed dropping that easy long pass at the end of the game? If he could hold onto the ball at critical times he might be a reliable #1 WR. All they need is a decent #2 to go with him so he can get open more. And what's with putting Riddick in the game in overtime? Isn't that what we drafted that RB in the second round for? Looks like the coaches don't trust that he can get the job done in crunch time. Another wasted high draft pick.

Think back to 88 though... that was a great team and the seeds were sewn in 85, 86, and 87. If in 1987 you'd have been on crack if you thought the bills would be 10-1 and playing for the divisiopn championship at home.

Well, in 2006, am i on crack for having thoughts of 10-1 in 2007? Maybe... but we do have a good young crop of guys and we have an offseason to go. Who knows? Hope is eternal.

The were the great football fans in the world...........80,000 STRONG.....

And now we can't evern sell 74,000 tickets....not even to a Miami game.

Sad if you think about it.......

859136[/snapback]

Not really. The NFL is a diluted league anymore. Talent is diluted, the competition is diluted, and the rivalries are diluted. If I start another post that might be the topic. The NFL stands for No Friction Lovers. Nothing too hot, and even less excitement. It's like lying in a bed of mayonaise for hours.

I used to know the name of every player on that team. I can't make the same claim for the new edition of the Buffalo Bills.

Those were the days.......

859222[/snapback]

Exactly. We used to play KC, Denver, SD, and most of the rest of the AFC every year - or at the most every two years. Now it seems we play New Orleans and Arizona as much as we do SD and Oakland. Some serious dilution of rivalries along with the distinction of the two conferences. But, that's what the owners wanted - to follow Pete Roselle's dream of pathetic league parity. The league's nearly acheived that too. :)

If that team and that game happened now, this place would probably be bitching about how the Bills only barely beat a crappy team like the Jets, at home, with so much at stake. They should have killed them! The defense needed to stop the Jets from getting into field goal range at the end of the game, but couldn't do it and had to rely on a fluke FG block to save the win. And what's with Reed dropping that easy long pass at the end of the game? If he could hold onto the ball at critical times he might be a reliable #1 WR. All they need is a decent #2 to go with him so he can get open more. And what's with putting Riddick in the game in overtime? Isn't that what we drafted that RB in the second round for? Looks like the coaches don't trust that he can get the job done in crunch time. Another wasted high draft pick.

859094[/snapback]

Best. Post. Ever.

Its just so accurate its frightening.

859094[/snapback]

That was a great day.......as the jets were lining up for the kick, we of course called the timeout.

Fans were streaming up the steps heading out, because the jets kicker(who I don't recall) never missed......People thought for sure it was over........all I remember was my buddy and I yelling and screaming...... WHERE YOU GOING ..WE'RE GOING TO BLOCK IT!!! People were laughing at us....I had cofidence in that team, like no other!!

Thank god for Smerlas that day??/

859094[/snapback]

Oh man so true, it's scary. :doh:

Those "fans" who clamor for draft position instead of wins, were never really Bills fans to begin with.

A loser's mentality begets losing. :w00t:

I sure as hell don't want my team to become the new Bengals.