Time Warner....FU!!

LabattBlue

I'll be at that game tomorrow and I'm pretty damn excited. I don't even like either team but any game at Aarowhead is a pretty damn good time and games against the Broncos are even better.

On a side note: I will be trying to break my record for how many beers I can sneak into Aarowhead while getting patted down. The current record of 7 was set in 2004 against the Broncos and my attempt last year of 8 was ruined by security (had to do a lot of chugging outside the stadium). I'm getting 8 in that stadium tomorrow.

Who the hell wants to watch Denver and KC ?

BTW....it's !@#$ the NFL.....not Time Warner.  0:)

846169[/snapback]

Let's see........Over 200 other cable companies provide the NFL Network to their customers. Dish and DirecTV provide it free to their customers (FOR A LOT LESS MONEY PER MONTH IN SUBSCRIPTION FEES, I MIGHT ADD).

And Time Warner does NOTHING for their customers! I am already paying almost $60 PER MONTH for BASIC CABLE!!!!!! And, I get less channels that I would if I had DirecTV for $39.95 PER MONTH!

Anyone who defends Time Warner in all of this is crazy.

I just wish my apartment complex would allow us to get a dish. TW is PURE CRAP!

its time warner being to cheap to pay what NFL wants so sorry cbll gal its cable fault not the NFL

846202[/snapback]

You do realize the cost would be passed on to the subscribers, right? We want to put it on......on a sports tier ($1.95/mo) where it belongs. Believe it or not.......a large number of people think there's already too much sports on basic TV.

0:)

You do realize the cost would be passed on to the subscribers, right? We want to put it on......on a sports tier ($1.95/mo) where it belongs. Believe it or not.......a large number of people think there's already too much sports on basic TV.

846210[/snapback]

I still say TW and other cable companies should do 'ala carte' programming. If they can do On Demand, they can do ala carte.

846210[/snapback]

You do realize that us former Adelphia subscribers are ALREADY PAYING FOR IT, RIGHT? The fact is that when Adelphia brought on the Empire Sports Network each subscriber had their cable rates raised about $2.22 PER MONTH. Then when Empire Sports Network left, we were given NFL Network as a substitutaion.

NOW WE HAVE NEITHER!!!! So, when is Time Warner going to give all of their subscribers their $2.22 PER MONTH back???????????????????????????????

I guess Time Warner chooses to ignore the fact that we are already paying for a network we no longer get.

TIME WARNER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL OF THIS! To everyone who does have the opportunity, PLEASE GET A DISH! SCREW TIME WARNER!

846210[/snapback]

Well when DTV added NFL net it didnt pass it down. This is why I havent been a cable subscriber for almsot 12 years now and dont miss it a bit

sven: depending on how your apartment is set up, specifically if you have a balcony or patio that is within your "exclusive use," you may be able to get a dish.

see this: http://www.fcc.gov/cgb/consumerfacts/consumerdish.html

I am a lawyer in California and years ago when i was in an apartment, my apartment complex tried to pull the same crap. And, as long as you do not damage walls or common areas (drilling, etc) and if you have a balcony or patio, you can get the dish. I had my dish wired through my sliding glass door and there are methods to use that keeps the door closed with the wire through them. For a couple extra bucks you can get a stand and set the dish on it without having to attach it to apartment itself. Just put a heavy weight or sand bag on the stand to secure it in weather.

sven: depending on how your apartment is set up, specifically if you have a balcony or patio that is within your "exclusive use," you may be able to get a dish.

see this: http://www.fcc.gov/cgb/consumerfacts/consumerdish.html

I am a lawyer in California and years ago when i was in an apartment, my apartment complex tried to pull the same crap. And, as long as you do not damage walls or common areas (drilling, etc) and if you have a balcony or patio, you can get the dish. I had my dish wired through my sliding glass door and there are methods to use that keeps the door closed with the wire through them. For a couple extra bucks you can get a stand and set the dish on it without having to attach it to apartment itself. Just put a heavy weight or sand bag on the stand to secure it in weather.

846286[/snapback]

Thanks for the info. I just PM'd you back with a response basically stating that we are screwed. We are facing the NORTH in our apartment and we have no balcony or patio. So, until we move, we are screwed.

Oh well. I hope that information helps someone!

SCREW TIME WARNER!

Well when DTV added NFL net it didnt pass it down.    This is why I havent been a cable subscriber for almsot 12 years now and dont miss it a bit

846233[/snapback]

Amen, brother! Same here and I'm never going back. Some of the worst and most frustrating SOB's I've ever dealt with. I recently called DTV to voice my dissatisfaction that on Sundays they have to temporarily remove one of their HD channels to make room for the Sunday Ticket HD broadcasts, and they gave me a compensation package worth $260. I've been given their SuperFan package for free just for being a returning customer. The list goes on. Try getting a deal like that out of the cable companies 0:)

It's funny to see just how dumb people can be. You're blaming the wrong person if you're blaming your cable company. The real problem is the NFL being greedy as usual. Not every household wants to pay extra for the NFL network. It should be up to the consumer on whether or not they want to pay the extra monthly fee to get the sports premium package. If the cable companies give in and allow NFL network to be apart of the basic package then it will raise the price for every consumer. The NFL is hoping that enough people call complaining that the cable companies will have to make it apart of the basic plan. What people should really do is boycott it and not make the complaining calls. If you really want the channel stop being so cheap and pay the extra 2 dollars a month and get the sports premium package.

It's funny to see just how dumb people can be.  You're blaming the wrong person if you're blaming your cable company.  The real problem is the NFL being greedy as usual.  Not every household wants to pay extra for the NFL network.  It should be up to the consumer on whether or not they want to pay the extra monthly fee to get the sports premium package.  If the cable companies give in and allow NFL network to be apart of the basic package then it will raise the price for every consumer.  The NFL is hoping that enough people call complaining that the cable companies will have to make it apart of the basic plan.  What people should really do is boycott it and not make the complaining calls.  If you really want the channel stop being so cheap and pay the extra 2 dollars a month and get the sports premium package.

846314[/snapback]

The point is, WHY WOULD THE CABLE COMPANY HAVE TO RAISE THEIR RATES?????????? They are already at least $15-$20 more per month for BASIC cable!

Plus, like I said before in another post..........WE CABLE SUBSCRIBERS ARE ALREADY PAYING THE FEE TO HAVE NFL NETWORK!!!!! WE ARE ALREADY PAYING FOR IT!!!!!!!!!

The cable company charged ever subscriber about $2.22 per mont for the Empire Sports Network. When they left, they put NFL Network in its place. NOW WE HAVE NEITHER! And I have not gotten a $2.22 reduction of my bill every month for not having those channels!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO, WE ARE ALREADY PAYING ALMOST 3X MORE ALREADY THAN THE NFL IS ASKING EACH SUBSCRIBER TO PAY AND WE HAVE NOTHING TO SHOW FOR IT!

ANYONE WHO SUPPORTS THE CABLE COMPANY IN THIS DOES NOT KNOW WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT!

SCREW TIME WARNER!

It's funny to see just how dumb people can be.  You're blaming the wrong person if you're blaming your cable company.  The real problem is the NFL being greedy as usual.  Not every household wants to pay extra for the NFL network.  It should be up to the consumer on whether or not they want to pay the extra monthly fee to get the sports premium package.  If the cable companies give in and allow NFL network to be apart of the basic package then it will raise the price for every consumer.  The NFL is hoping that enough people call complaining that the cable companies will have to make it apart of the basic plan.  What people should really do is boycott it and not make the complaining calls.  If you really want the channel stop being so cheap and pay the extra 2 dollars a month and get the sports premium package.

846314[/snapback]

Well said.

846314[/snapback]

You say, "Not every household wants to pay for the NFL Network"??? :lol::P Well guess what...there is a whole bunch of crap on basic cable that I don't want to pay for. The NFL may be trying to bend over TW a bit, but please don't absolve TW of any blame. How much of a price reduction did I get from Adelphia/TW when Empire Sports went under? How about when TW dropped ESPNU? The cable companies are rolling in dough and adding this channel without passing on the ENTIRE cost to the consumer isn't going to kill them. Let's see how customer friendly TW and the other cable giants become when Verizon starts rolling out TV service via fios. They will be singing a different tune then.

PS Before you go around calling people dumb & cheap, if you are a TW customer(at least here in WNY), there is no option to get the NFL Network on a higher tier at an additional cost. 0:)

Everyone bitching about TW better be switching to a dish or going to Fios when available. That's the only thing TW understands. After that October storm I was without cable for 4 weeks. No amount of complaining would get any service from them, not to mention the 4 failed dates they gave me about re-connecting. Finally I called TW to cancel my account, going DirectTV. All of a sudden they have someone at my house 2 days later. Told them sorry, too late.

What you'll notice is TW has a massive amount of arrogance, really doesn't care what you want or do, and that extends to their employees who copy that corporate culture

I laugh at how some here act as if their life is over because they will not be able to watch Denver at Kansas City, just another NFL game that is becoming more and more mediocre with each passing year.

There are many other things to do in life.

846314[/snapback]

But....but...but....the NFL is PERFECT and never does anything WRONG!!!!!

The NFL is superb..I NEED to see EVERY game!!!! 0:)

Sad.

Let's be honest here...what really upsets a good amount of NFL fans around the country that cannot watch this game is...they bet a 20X on Denver and cannot watch the game as they watch their money get flushed down the toilet.

<snip>

Plus, like I said before in another post..........WE CABLE SUBSCRIBERS ARE ALREADY PAYING THE FEE TO HAVE NFL NETWORK!!!!!  WE ARE ALREADY PAYING FOR IT!!!!!!!!!

The cable company charged ever subscriber about $2.22 per mont for the Empire Sports Network.  When they left, they put NFL Network in its place.  NOW WE HAVE NEITHER!  And I have not gotten a $2.22 reduction of my bill every month for not having those channels!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  SO, WE ARE ALREADY PAYING ALMOST 3X MORE ALREADY THAN THE NFL IS ASKING EACH SUBSCRIBER TO PAY AND WE HAVE NOTHING TO SHOW FOR IT!

<snip>

SCREW TIME WARNER!

846316[/snapback]

Ding ding ding, we have a winner!

I apologize for neither the NFL nor Time Warner. However, looking at this as a person who lives 3000 miles away who isn't affected by this, you have to wonder why Adelphia had no trouble getting a contract and TW's playing hardball with the NFL. My guess is that they're bitter over ESPN outbidding TNT for the MNF package, and they're making their feelings known.

I laugh at how some here act as if their life is over because they will not be able to watch Denver at Kansas City, just another NFL game that is becoming more and more mediocre with each passing year.

There are many other things to do in life.

846392[/snapback]

Yes, there are many other things to do in life... but if you are only going to watch ONE game today, the best by far is the 7-3 Broncos at the 6-4 Chiefs. Old AFL rivalry, should be a good game. The other 2 games look pretty weak in comparison, I may pass on both of them, especially now that Drew isn't playing. 0:)

But....but...but....the NFL is PERFECT and never does anything WRONG!!!!!

The NFL is superb..I NEED to see EVERY game!!!!  0:)

Sad.

Let's be honest here...what really upsets a good amount of NFL fans around the country that cannot watch this game is...they bet a 20X on Denver and cannot watch the game as they watch their money get flushed down the toilet.

846394[/snapback]

You're right. Too bad we can't all be just like you and be above it all.

On the other hand, maybe this is a sport people other than yourself really enjoy and look forward to, and it is you who have no joy in your life beyond standing in judgement of others. Could be. Maybe. We'll never know.

Plus, like I said before in another post..........WE CABLE SUBSCRIBERS ARE ALREADY PAYING THE FEE TO HAVE NFL NETWORK!!!!!  WE ARE ALREADY PAYING FOR IT!!!!!!!!!

The cable company charged ever subscriber about $2.22 per mont for the Empire Sports Network.  When they left, they put NFL Network in its place.  NOW WE HAVE NEITHER!  And I have not gotten a $2.22 reduction of my bill every month for not having those channels!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  SO, WE ARE ALREADY PAYING ALMOST 3X MORE ALREADY THAN THE NFL IS ASKING EACH SUBSCRIBER TO PAY AND WE HAVE NOTHING TO SHOW FOR IT!

846316[/snapback]

I am reasonably sure that Adelphia was not charging subscribers $2.22/mo for Empire Sports.....although knowing that Adelphia owned Empire....who knows? Fact remains that Adelphia no longer exists. Time Warner does not have an agreement with the NFL Network. We are trying to get one......one that is fair and equitable for everyone.....not just the NFL.

Ding ding ding, we have a winner!

My guess is that they're bitter over ESPN outbidding TNT for the MNF package, and they're making their feelings known.

846403[/snapback]

Actually, from what I have heard, this dispute goes back further than that, and is rooted in the fact that the NFL has made the NFL TICKET a DIRECTV exclusive, freezig cable out on the possibility of carrying the TICKET. Honestly, I have to side with Time Warner on this. The NFL wants TW to carry their NFL promotional channel, but doesn't want them to cash in on the benefits of being able to carry the TICKET. The NFL has added these Thursday night games on, merely as a means of upping the ante (along with an exhautive promo campaign against the cable companies). In some ways, this is not really all about TIME WARNER vs the NFL, but cable vs satallite.

Based on my dealings with Time Warner, I hope the company goes bankrupt. I am definitely debating switching to Direct TV. Whenever my cable or internet goes down, (which happens way too often), I have to wait in excess of 20 minutes on hold to get a customer service representative, and then they have to send a tech out during a "4 hour window". So I have to sit home for four hours to get my cable fixed because their service sucks. They won't even call me 15 minutes before they show up so I dont have to waste half my day. The best is the time the tech supposedly knocked on my door to install the cable and claimed no one was home even though there was eight of us at the house. Then they said they didn't have appointments until 2 weeks after that. I also went to a local TW station to get something settled with my bill and the woman was being completely disrespectful. When I emphasized that I'm the one paying them the money and she could try to be more civil and cusotmer oriented with me, she said she's "not a customer service representative" and therefore didn't need to treat me right. So to end this rant, my experience with TW is generally negative, this doesn't surprise me that they'd be stubborn on this. And I think in the long run they'd be losing out on this move. Monday night football on ESPN is the biggest cable show on television. Time Warner makes plenty of money selling cable advertising on that network and I bet it'd be no different on the NFL Network on Thursday nights as well. If there was a list of the worst companies in the U.S. I could make a great case of TW being on it.

You're right. Too bad we can't all be just like you and be above it all.

On the other hand, maybe this is a sport people other than yourself really enjoy and look forward to, and it is you who have no joy in your life beyond standing in judgement of others. Could be. Maybe. We'll never know.

846427[/snapback]

First of all I never said I was above anyone...all I am saying is yes I love football but so many people put this sport on such a pedestal like it is regal...but yet the game is more watered down then ever...so a couple of NFL games cannot be seen without the NFL network...is the world going to crash? It is a sport, let's not lose sight of that.

And believe me I have plenty of joy in my life. I just find ot sad how enraged people get over a Broncos/Chiefs game on a Bills message board

I am reasonably sure that Adelphia was not charging subscribers $2.22/mo for Empire Sports.....although knowing that Adelphia owned Empire....who knows? Fact remains that Adelphia no longer exists. Time Warner does not have an agreement with the NFL Network. We are trying to get one......one that is fair and equitable for everyone.....not just the NFL.

846440[/snapback]

IT IS NOT THE CUSTOMER'S FAULT THAT ADELPHIA FOLDED! We are still paying for channels we NO LONGER GET! So, Time Warner HAS NO ARGUMENT WHATSOEVER UNTIL THEY REFUND ALL FORMER ADELPHIA SUBSCRIBERS THEIR $2.22 PER MONTH (While the $2.22 number may not be exact, I do know it was over $2.00 based on other articles I have read).

As soon as that refund happens, I will re-evaluate the situation. But us former Adelphia subscribers are already paying for NFL Network.........It is no longer on the system and we are all entitled to a refund.

Time Warner has NO ARGUMENT at all here. FACTS ARE FACTS. And the FACT is we are still paying for Empire Sports Network/NFL Network and we no longer get it.

SCREW TIME WARNER!

As soon as that refund happens, I will re-evaluate the situation.  But us former Adelphia subscribers are already paying for NFL Network.........It is no longer on the system and we are all entitled to a refund. 

Time Warner has NO ARGUMENT at all here.  FACTS ARE FACTS.  And the FACT is we are still paying for Empire Sports Network/NFL Network and we no longer get it.

846751[/snapback]

I guess your misguided logic trumps my 28 years in the cable industry. :devil:

IT IS NOT THE CUSTOMER'S FAULT THAT ADELPHIA FOLDED!  We are still paying for channels we NO LONGER GET!  So, Time Warner HAS NO ARGUMENT WHATSOEVER UNTIL THEY REFUND ALL FORMER ADELPHIA SUBSCRIBERS THEIR $2.22 PER MONTH (While the $2.22 number may not be exact, I do know it was over $2.00 based on other articles I have read).

As soon as that refund happens, I will re-evaluate the situation.  But us former Adelphia subscribers are already paying for NFL Network.........It is no longer on the system and we are all entitled to a refund. 

Time Warner has NO ARGUMENT at all here.  FACTS ARE FACTS.  And the FACT is we are still paying for Empire Sports Network/NFL Network and we no longer get it.

SCREW TIME WARNER!

846751[/snapback]

Why are you using your signature lines to advertise for a company you work at? :devil:

IT IS NOT THE CUSTOMER'S FAULT THAT ADELPHIA FOLDED!  We are still paying for channels we NO LONGER GET!  So, Time Warner HAS NO ARGUMENT WHATSOEVER UNTIL THEY REFUND ALL FORMER ADELPHIA SUBSCRIBERS THEIR $2.22 PER MONTH (While the $2.22 number may not be exact, I do know it was over $2.00 based on other articles I have read).

846751[/snapback]

How much are you paying for your cable right now? It's probably close to $100/month, correct? If so, why are you screaming about $2?

I understand your argument about Adelphia, but how can you gripe that losing the NFL Network is TW's fault when NFLN is trying to force TW to put their network on the basic package? TW would then have a lot of PO'd customers who don't want their fees increased for a channel they don't care about. You & I want this channel, but we're in the minority. The NFL Network isn't worth putting on a basic package for all-year viewing.

The NFL is the one that is to blame right now - it's arguably the most popular sport in the country and they decided to put 8 exclusive games on their own network, which didn't happen to be carried on some of the largest cable providers in the country, forcing said providers to pay up for the rights to carry the network. You tell me where the greed is.

846751[/snapback]

What you're paying for is a package, not a channel. The package (if it's the same in WNY as it is in the Albany area) includes about 9 different channels. If you don't like those channels, then cancel your Sports Tier and get your $2 back. If you're that upset with TW and REALLY need to see every football game, then go out today and get a dish.