Age of TBD Poster who is for or against JP

diver

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

24 and have been a huge JP supporter until the last couple of weeks...I constantly argued with my 50 year old Dad about how JP needs a whole year, and I still think he does. It is well apparent that this team is far from a Playoff team at this point. Let him get killed, and hope that he learns from his mistakes.

Problem is, that he keeps making the same mistakes. Bad reads, doesn't step up in the pocket enough, and doesn't use his legs enough when the D-Line is closing on him. While this team is not a playoff contender this year, they could be one next year. If JP doesn't show more promise by the end of this year, I say you look to a Vet in the off-season.

26 and a big supporter of JP. I realize how stupid it would be to give up the guy. However, little things have been bothering me like his locking on to wrs. Additionally, I worry about the teammates rally around him. I know it's overblown but it just appears he doesn't have complete control of the offense yet.

I also understand that the line isn't that good and it is unfair to judge JP playing behind a subpar unit. However, this is the NFL and you're not going to have all day to throw. Sometimes you have to make a split second decision and that worries me about JP. If a QB can make plays behind a crappy oline, that tells you have something special. I want to see more of that from JP.

That said, I'll give him the whole season unless he is completely terrible. For some reason, Nall piques my interest. So if JP falls apart, give Nall a couple of games.

I'm 22 and have argued with my father and everyone else who says that JP just doesn't have what it takes to succeed in the NFL. I have been an apologist and an excuse maker for his poor play, and I'm starting to think that maybe he won't succeed in Buffalo, be it the line the marry go-round of coaches or whatever, but i am starting to waver in my confidence that he will be a good QB only because he has regressed from the beginning of this season. I am all for letting him start the rest of the way, but if the offense really struggles again maybe give nall a second half just to see what he's got, but JPs arm and athleticism still make me want to believe he's going to be the real deal. And I will support him the whole way until he shows he is a good QB or his career in Buffalo comes to an end.

19- Let him play the rest of the year without question.

I have supported Losman since a couple of days after the draft. Hope is dwindling but the only thing that keeps me coming out week after week and giving him support is the idea of what he could be as opposed to what he is as of now.

I think, what if we do run him out of town? Where would he end up? and how much would it come back and bite us in the ass? Steve Young was exactly what JP is now only he played for a sputtering Tampa Bay team. Are we Tampa Bay?

Many of the questions asked above may be answered by seasons end or the start of the 2008 season. The fact of the matter is that week after week, i drape on my Bills jersey, no matter how hung over or still drunk, sober or sick, and head to the TV to support the Bills and JP, not for what he is today, but instead what he could be tomorrow.

LETS GO BUFFALO.

36...rest of the year....at least.

And regardless, we should draft a QB in the later rounds anyway(every second year at least).....we just don't draft enough QBs. Do people realize that the Patriots have drafted 3 QBs since Brady won his 1st superbowl....2002 in the 4th, 2003 int he 6th & 2005 in the 7th. We have drafted 3 in the last 20 years....1992 in the 12th, 1995 in the 2nd & 2004 in the 1st.

IMO that is the reason we have not had a QB since Kelly & the reason we need JP to succeed since we have realistically nobody of any potential waiting in the wings.

28--whole year

JP should get the whole year. I'll admit that he's played very poorly for most of the season, with the exception of a few bright spots. His supporting cast sucks, the playcalling sucks, and he hasn't developed into a leader yet. Is it his fault, or is he hamstrung by other issues? who knows. I'd even support JP NEXT year, provided that his supporting cast is upgraded.

And regardless, we should draft a QB in the later rounds anyway(every second year at least).....

827934[/snapback]

This is an idea that I fully support, and Brady is not the only example of a late round pick being able to play qb.

Brad Gradkowski is playing extremely well for a rookie, and his supporting cast isn't so special either. He has 2 rookies (Joseph and Trueblood) playing OG and OT respectively, and the kid is making some great throws. Honestly, from what I have seen of him he is coming along better than JP.

Gradkowski cost the Bucs all of a 6th round pick, while JP came at the cost of a 1st, 2nd, and 5th.

I DON'T make the case that it is never a good idea to draft a 1st round qb. I just think that 07 is not the right time to do so. Not yet.