gandy out at LT, peters to LT, reyes benched ...

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Left tackle Mike Gandy, who has not built on a solid 2005 season was moved inside to left guard where he'll replace Tutan Reyes. Filling the void at left tackle is Jason Peters who moves to J.P. Losman's blind side. Taking Peters old position of right tackle will be rookie seventh round pick Terrance Pennington.

I wasn't sure what options they had left, but I was pretty sure it had to involve moving Peters to LT.

I thought the same thing - WTF does that mean?  I was hoping it meant all new players...

Story on the front of bb.com - http://www.buffalobills.com/

815412[/snapback]

It is at least a start....Gandy moves to his natural position.....and Peters is the best tackle on the team, so moving him to LT makes a better choice... I am

also assuming that Merz will stay back at the RG position ahead of Villarial

and Preston....

I am still worried about the depth chart....

I am still worried about the depth chart....

815418[/snapback]

Agreed. But, lets not put the cart before the horse. Why worry about depth, when we don't have solid starters yet?

PS. If this move works and Peters plays well, I vote him for most versatile player the Bills have ever drafted award. What position has this guy not played in Buffalo?

I think we need to use him on special teams still.  Remember when he blocked a punt, recovered it, and scored?

815427[/snapback]

Remeber seeing him run down field at full speed to hit someone. Great!

I was going to post my ideas for bye week moves. But, they beat me to it.

IMO, 2 things will greatly improve the offense. 1) this is it. Shake up the Offensive line and try to get a better lineup, or at least a lineup that is less bad. It's clear what we have hasn't been working.

2) shake up the play calling. Currently, its too, too, much too, way bad predictable. And we need more TE passes, and longer bombs (even if they don't work and JP overthrows the field).

The offense has shown some real signs of life, but the they always break down. And I think that's largely because opposing defenses don't have to guess. When its 3 and 8, JP is throwing and its going to Evans at about the first down marker. You have to make them guess and we currently don't do that.

I think 2 relatively small changes are 2 easily done things, that could easily lead to better results.

Pennington at Tackle?

These are some BOLD moves by the Bills.

815434[/snapback]

What else do they have left? Might as well make the moves, its not like it could get much worse (or can it)

This really says something though, How bad has Reyes played that he now becomes a backup to Gandy???? Ouch that one has to hurt (its a joke, I know guard is Gandy's natural position and he should play better there)

I love the Peters move. He has been playing very well and it makes sense to have your best and most athletic tackle protecting the Qb's blind side. I had been wondering when they were going to do this.

815436[/snapback]

Agreed. If Peters plays to potential, we should see less of this blindside sack-fumble stuff.

Does anyone know who is filling the RG position? Honestly, I didn't think Reyes was that bad to be benched. I'd rather see CV on the bench.

ETA: The updated depth chart has CV at RG. Maybe I'm missing something, but I just haven't seen that much from Chris.

Agreed.  If Peters plays to potential, we should see less of this blindside sack-fumble stuff.

815442[/snapback]

That has nothing to do with who is playing LT and everything to do with the fact that JP isn't listening to the crowd noise to know the hit is coming. ;)

Does anyone know who is filling the RG position?  Honestly, I didn't think Reyes was that bad to be benched.  I'd rather see CV on the bench.

ETA: The updated depth chart has CV at RG.  Maybe I'm missing something, but I just haven't seen that much from Chris.

815442[/snapback]

My feeling is Merz will get the start at RG.....

What is missing from this picture of the great shuffle is where is DUKE PRESTON? Why is he in hiding...Wasn't he our 6th man on the OL to come off the bench at any of the interior positions ? How your stock has fallen, Mr. Preston