The old codgers at the Ralph suck...

eball

I was at the game Sunday, sitting on the Bills side at about the 50-yard line, about 28 rows up. Right in the middle of the "old-time" season ticket holders, the so-called "diehards" who support the franchise.

As soon as the game starts, this guy who had to be at least 65 starts with a running diatribe that criticizes EVERY FREAKING PLAY that doesn't either result in a loss for Minnesota's offense or a huge gain for Buffalo's.

After a particularly good play on 3rd down, I turned around and said to the guy, "was THAT play good enough for you?" He said, "well it's about time." I responded, "you do know they're trying out there," and this idiot had the nerve to say "no they're not."

I'm sure that moron has been sitting in War Memorial, Rich, and now the Ralph for 30+ years, but he sucks. I'll never understand that mentality, and I hope to hell I never get that way. What a miserable existence.

I was at the game Sunday, sitting on the Bills side at about the 50-yard line, about 28 rows up.  Right in the middle of the "old-time" season ticket holders, the so-called "diehards" who support the franchise.

As soon as the game starts, this guy who had to be at least 65 starts with a running diatribe that criticizes EVERY FREAKING PLAY that doesn't either result in a loss for Minnesota's offense or a huge gain for Buffalo's.

After a particularly good play on 3rd down, I turned around and said to the guy, "was THAT play good enough for you?"  He said, "well it's about time."  I responded, "you do know they're trying out there," and this idiot had the nerve to say "no they're not."

I'm sure that moron has been sitting in War Memorial, Rich, and now the Ralph for 30+ years, but he sucks.  I'll never understand that mentality, and I hope to hell I never get that way.  What a miserable existence.

794617[/snapback]

You just described 75% of the posters on this damn board.

i had the displeasue of sitting a few rows away from a similar ahole bills fan at the jets game. toward the end he was screaming for HOLCOMB! HOLCOMB! and saying JP=JUST PUNT! - i was getting pissed.

then when JP ran in the TD to still give us a little life i turned around and shouted at him and gave him a nasty stare. then in our final drive when JP threw the incompletion on 4th down to end the game he started with his crap again.

i just hate annoying ass fans that only see the negative

i had the displeasue of sitting a few rows away from a similar ahole bills fan at the jets game. toward the end he was screaming for HOLCOMB! HOLCOMB! and saying JP=JUST PUNT! - i was getting pissed.

then when JP ran in the TD to still give us a little life i turned around and shouted at him and gave him a nasty stare. then in our final drive when JP threw the incompletion on 4th down to end the game he started with his crap again.

794620[/snapback]

I am with you, some people aren't happy unless they are miserable.

I was at the game Sunday, sitting on the Bills side at about the 50-yard line, about 28 rows up.  Right in the middle of the "old-time" season ticket holders, the so-called "diehards" who support the franchise.

After a particularly good play on 3rd down, I turned around and said to the guy, "was THAT play good enough for you?"  He said, "well it's about time."  I responded, "you do know they're trying out there," and this idiot had the nerve to say "no they're not."

I'm sure that moron has been sitting in War Memorial, Rich, and now the Ralph for 30+ years, but he sucks.  I'll never understand that mentality, and I hope to hell I never get that way.  What a miserable existence.

794617[/snapback]

Geez, that sounds like the young drunks who sat behind me

I used to have a guy like that next to my seats in the clubs, luckily he decided to change seats, but after every bad play, he'd start screaming for the refs to throw the flag, even if there was no reason for one. And when he would clap, his arms would flap, so if anyone on either side was getting beat up by his elbows.

Sackmarino...I think I might have been sitting near you, because I heard the same thing, idiots calling for Holcomb ALL GAME. Even after the first TD pass.

wee-todd-did.

794813[/snapback]

i was in the corner endzone tunnel side

that guy was a dee-DEE-dee

794620[/snapback]

Are you sure it wasn't actually Holcomb just sitting in the stands?

My grandfather, rest his soul, was HILARIOUS to watch Bills games with. First play of the game, Cribbs/Greg Bell/Thurman/Antowain/Henry/Willis/pick any Bills RB would run into the line for no gain. Grandpa: "Jesus Christ! We can't run the ball worth a schit!"

He actually predicted last year when the Bills were up 24-3 in Miami that the Bills would lose the game. "They want to pass too much" he said. I told that crazy old bastard to pipe down, they're completing passes all over the field. That was the last game I watched with him, and I'll be damned if that crazy old bastard wasn't right.

794617[/snapback]

I hear you. I hate those kinds of fans.

794620[/snapback]

There's a similar idiot at the bar I watch the games each week. He's not calling for Holcomb, but every single time JP drops back to pass, the guy starts screaming "GET RID OF THE BALL!" before Losman has even finished dropping back. I don't know what this guy expects, but even our receivers can't get very far down the field in 1 second.

This post reminds me of a pretty good majority of people in WNY. I was up there for the Jests game a couple weeks ago and the people and their attitudes haven't changed one bit. Everything is doom and gloom no matter what the topic. I am so glad I got out of there 10 years ago or else I probably would have went postal on a few people by now. In regards to the fan(s) at the games, it's just typical. They probably weren't happy during most of the earlier 90's either but it's just the environment that they live in.

Born miserable, live miserable and die miserable. Welcome to WNY.

Maybe that should be the new slogan for the Chamber of Commerce.

I am not sure if I qualify as an old codger or not but as part of the Baby Boomer generation I have to share my favorite thing about kids today.

It is the big hats worn at silly angles. You look exactly like the kids in Special Class when I was young. I know that you don't care what I think and I guess in your mind you picture yourself as some gangsta rapper but to me you just look like the retarded kid on the short bus. The bigger the hat and the stupider the angle, the more ridiculous you look, especially if you are a suburban white kid.

So, if people want to B word about old codgers, old codgers are ready to B word back.

I am not sure if I qualify as an old codger or not but as part of the Baby Boomer generation I have to share my favorite thing about kids today.

It is the big hats worn at silly angles.  You look exactly like the kids in Special Class when I was young.  I know that you don't care what I think and I guess in your mind you picture yourself as some gangsta rapper but to me you just look like the retarded kid on the short bus.  The bigger the hat and the stupider the angle, the more ridiculous you look, especially if you are a suburban white kid.

So, if people want to B word about old codgers, old codgers are ready to B word back.

795785[/snapback]

:P:lol::D:w00t:

It is the big hats worn at silly angles.  You look exactly like the kids in Special Class when I was young.  I know that you don't care what I think and I guess in your mind you picture yourself as some gangsta rapper but to me you just look like the retarded kid on the short bus.  The bigger the hat and the stupider the angle, the more ridiculous you look, especially if you are a suburban white kid.

795785[/snapback]

Your seriously making fun of people because how they choose to wear their hats? There is a difference between griping about fans being annoying and complaining all game and your preference of hat style/angle.

Your seriously making fun of people because how they choose to wear their hats? There is a difference between griping about fans being annoying and complaining all game and your preference of hat style/angle.

795817[/snapback]

No, just trying to make a point about age stereotyping as in "old codgers", but yes, actually I am making fun of the way people wear their hats.

How sad. People cant wear a hat the way they want to ... for goodness sakes

795859[/snapback]

People can wear them however they want. They just need to be prepared to be called douchebags. I'm with the codger.

I can wear my underwear on the outside of my pants, have a tatoo that says "look at me, look at me", have a little toe ring or put my hat on my elbow.... but the "non-judgemental" types will be all over which ever one you think looks stupid... so dont act like you wont judge...

I can wear my underwear on the outside of my pants, have a tatoo that says "look at me, look at me", have a little toe ring or put my hat on my elbow.... but the "non-judgemental" types will be all over which ever one you think looks stupid... so dont act like you wont judge...

795868[/snapback]

I might think it in my head or laugh, but no im not going to say it on a message board or outload.

I might think it in my head or laugh, but no im not going to say it on a message board or outload.

795870[/snapback]

You sound like a fine Christian man. If you are going to talk the talk, walk the walk. I will admire you if you live up to those standards.

795785[/snapback]

I'm 25 and I think that you stole this rant from me, word for word. You missed one thing though, the idiots who leave the damn size sticker on the outside of their fitted hats.

He was certainly joking around, but the guy in front of me at the Jets game was saying how Rob Johnson is better than JP. I told him to take it back or I'd sick the meathead yelling at the Jets fans on him.

Why do people wear stupid clothing and then take offense when folks gawk at them? I should think that's what they wanted to happen in the first place...

796201[/snapback]

Because what is stupid to you is normal to them. People are very selfish these days. They cant think out of the box ... if its not normal to them, then they need to stare and comment on the other person.

Why do old people use the term "Dungarees" to describe Jeans. Thats stupid. My buddy wears his hat with the sticker on the outside but he is still a good person and knows much more about what is going on during the game than the people sitting between the 30 yard lines who only go to the games because its part of a 30 year old routine. We should make those people sit in the high upper deck seats because I never see them get off their a s s to make any noise whatsoever.

Because what is stupid to you is normal to them. People are very selfish these days. They cant think out of the box ... if its not normal to them, then they need to stare and comment on the other person.

796318[/snapback]

Clarify please - who is selfish, who is stupid, who is it normal to - wearers or observers?

Let's get back - why do the wearers get angry? Seems they should be at ease with their attention-attracting togs, eh?

You go ahead and jump out of the box and go to a job interview with your doofus garb and report back with the outcome.

Clarify please - who is selfish, who is stupid, who is it normal to - wearers or observers?

Let's get back - why do the wearers get angry? Seems they should be at ease with their attention-attracting togs, eh?

You go ahead and jump out of the box and go to a job interview with your doofus garb and report back with the outcome.

796452[/snapback]

And thats the boss's opinion on your clothing ... but the fact is that your not going to a job interview. Your going to a football game. And those people probably dress appropriatly to work and then the way they want to when they go to a game. Either way normal is different to everyone. Normal to me is sweatpants and a Bills jersey. Yet to one of my best friends, normal is pressed black pants with a button down shirt covered by a mahogany sweater over it. That to me is uncomfortable and I wouldnt do that. Normal is different to everyone.