Bills programming on radio/television

Lori

The506.com: NFL Game Distribution Maps

Buffalo Bills Radio Network

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WECK-AM 1230: LISTEN LIVE

The Brad Riter Show 4:00 pm - 7:00 pm

4:00 - 6:00 pm Monday - Ruben Brown

6:30 - 7:00 pm Wednesday - UB head coach Turner Gill

6:00 - 6:20 pm Thursday - Tim Graham, ESPN.com

5:30 - 6:30 pm Friday - Bob Gaughan

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WGR SportsRadio 550: Register here to LISTEN LIVE

Buffalo Football Mondays (or days after Bills games):

Howard Simon Show 6:00am - 10:00 am
6:30am: Inside The Locker Room

7:00am: Buffalo News Columnist Jerry Sullivan

8:00am: Bills Beat Reporter Paul Hamilton

9:00am: The Bulldog

10:00am: Thurman Thomas' Extra Point

Schopp and the Bulldog 3:00pm - 7:00pm

5:00pm: Jerry Sullivan

7:00pm: Buffalo Football Monday Recap

8:00pm-12:00am: Monday Night Football
5:00pm Wednesday: Paul Hamilton

8:00am Thursday: Paul Hamilton

5:00pm Thursday: John Clayton, ESPN

Buffalo Football Fridays:

Howard Simon Show 6:00am - 10:00 am
7:00am: Jerry Sullivan

8:00am: Paul Hamilton

8:25am: WGRZ Sports Anchor Adam Benigni

9:45am: Football Picks

Schopp and the Bulldog 3:00pm - 7:00pm

4:00pm: Paul Hamilton

5:00pm: Jerry Sullivan

6:00pm: Football Picks

10:00pm: Westwood One’s Fantasy Football Hour
7:00am Saturday: NFL Insider with Steve Tasker

Gamedays: (schedule is for 1 p.m. games; adjust times accordingly for 4 p.m. kickoffs)

8:00am to 10:00 am: Jeremy White and Andrew Fillipponi

10:00am to 12:30pm: The Howard Simon Show

--11:00am: Paul Hamilton's Keys to the Game / Injury Report

--Noon: Inactive List

12:30pm - 1:00pm: Countdown To Kickoff

4:00pm to 6:20pm: WGR 550 Post Game Show with Schopp and The Bulldog

6:20pm to 7:30pm: Nick Mendola's Final Whistle - Injury Report & Fantasy Spotlight

97 Rock: LISTEN LIVE

Weekdays at 7:45 AM: "Under the Helmet" on Norton In The Morning

Monday - John Murphy and Mark Kelso

Tuesday - Jim Kelly

Wednesday - Bill of the Week

Thursday - Dick Jauron

Friday - Vic Carucci

Gamedays: (again, move everything forward three hours for 4 p.m. games)

8:00 AM - 10:00 AM - Buffalo Bills Tailgate Party (Chris Brown, Brent Axe & Russ Burton)

The Official Buffalo Bills Pregame Show (live from the Fieldhouse)

10:00 AM - 11:30 AM - Brent Axe, featuring Dick Jauron and Nick Bakay

11:30 AM - 12:30 PM - "Buffalo Bills Roundtable", featuring Mark Kelso, Rich Gaenzler, and Chris Brown

12:30 PM - 1:00 PM - John Murphy, featuring Vic Carucci and on-field reports from Rich Gaenzler

1:00 - 4:00 PM - Game Broadcast (not available via 97Rock webcast)

John Murphy (Play-By-Play), Mark Kelso (Analyst), Rich Gaenzler (Sideline Reporter)

Postgame Show (hosted by Brent Axe): live press conferences, player interviews, highlights/commentary from Vic Carucci of NFL.com

WEDG-FM 103.3: LISTEN LIVE

4:10 p.m. Monday - John Murphy and Mark Kelso

4:10 p.m. Tuesday - Ruben Brown on The Shredd and Ragan Show

4:10 p.m. Friday - Vic Carucci (NFL.com) on the Shredd and Ragan Show

NOTE: For fans who plan on listening to the game inside the stadium, 103.3 carries the LIVE game broadcast, while 97 Rock is delayed slightly to sync with the television feed.

WHAM 1180 (Rochester): Click here to LISTEN LIVE

Weekdays: Bob Matthews Show 6:00pm - 8:00pm

Wednesday - Fred Smerlas 7 p.m.

Hot Talk 1280 WHTK: Click here to LISTEN LIVE

Weekdays:

3:05 - 4:00 pm Thursday: Bills Brothers (Mike Catalana, Sal Maiorana, Scott Pitoniak, John DiTullio)

*UPDATED* with DiTullio's timeslot change to afternoon drive*

TELEVISION:

Bills All-Access (hosted by Steve Tasker)

WKBW 7 (Buffalo) - Saturday night, 12:00 AM*

WHAM 13 (Rochester) - Sunday, 12:30 AM

WTVH 5 (Syracuse) - Sunday, 1:05 AM

CityTV (Toronto, ON) - Sunday, 1:30 AM

CW-WHAM (Rochester) - Sunday, 11:30 AM

WSEE 35 (Erie) - Sunday, 11:30 AM

(also available online at buffalobills.com)

Thurman Thomas Show

WHAM 13 (Rochester) - Saturday 7:30 PM

WKBW 7 (Buffalo) - Saturday, 11:30 PM*

WTVH 5 (Syracuse) - Sunday 12:35 AM

CityTV (Toronto, ON) - Sunday, 1:00 AM

CW-WHAM (Rochester) - Sunday 10:30 AM

WSEE 35 (Erie) - Sunday 11:00 AM

* Start time will vary due to college football coverage on ABC.

Time Warner Cable SportsNet 13 (Buffalo)

Monday:

6:30 PM - The Enforcers (with Rob Ray and Ruben Brown)

Friday:

6:30 PM - Brian Moorman Show - replays at 11:30 a.m. Sunday

Sunday Sports Blitz - game recap, Donte Whitner

-- WIVB 4 (Buffalo), 11:30 PM

Sunday Sports Final - game recap, Vic Carucci, Terrence McGee

--WKBW 7 (Buffalo), 11:35 PM

Lori, thanks much!

There is also a Marv Levy radio show on 1180 AM out of rochester on thursday evenings.

The start is either at 7:00 or 7:30 pm

778026[/snapback]

Thanks - I'll check it out and add it above. That goes for any other relevant links anyone comes up with, as well.

Thanks - I'll check it out and add it above. That goes for any other relevant links anyone comes up with, as well.

778230[/snapback]

I think it's been permanently moved to Tuesdays. The "Tuesday Night Huddle" is now "Thursday Night Huddle" Rest of WHAM Schedule:

All 7-8PM

Monday Coach Chuck Dickerson

Tuesday Marv Levy Show

Wednesday Freddie Smerlas

Thursday Thusday Night Huddle

Friday Freddie Smedrlas again

• 2 weeks later...

So is it true that there is no way to get a streaming audio of the game on the web except for paying for it?

I live somewhere down south and the Bills are never on TV here unless it's a Sunday or Monday night game. So usually I go to a sports bar. Last week I couldn't make it and found myself watching the play by play on NFL. com. It's a kinda painful way to take in a game - web radio would be nice but I'm a cheapskate!

• 1 month later...
So the 97 rock webcast just shuts off?  When you register it asks you your postal code as a required field.  If you register yourself in the Buffalo broadcasting area will it stay on?

847713[/snapback]

To follow up, I did register myself as living in postal code 14072 (Grand Island baby, go Vikings...) The feed didn't shut off and I was able to listen to it the whole game long.

I don't know if this was a one game anomaly or a bonafide backdoor through the NFL's pay to listen to webcasts crap....

To follow up, I did register myself as living in postal code 14072 (Grand Island baby, go Vikings...)  The feed didn't shut off and I was able to listen to it the whole game long.

I don't know if this was a one game anomaly or a bonafide backdoor through the NFL's pay to listen to webcasts crap....

848424[/snapback]

Alas, the format they use for the streaming does not appear work with Macs. At least I could not get it to work.

To follow up, I did register myself as living in postal code 14072 (Grand Island baby, go Vikings...)  The feed didn't shut off and I was able to listen to it the whole game long.

848424[/snapback]

Interesting.... very interesting...

• 3 weeks later...
I'm currently in the Greater Toronto Area and I don't know what radio station I could find the Bills on, if anyone could help it would be great appreciated!!!

854418[/snapback]

97 rock or 96.9 fm Stay away from northern etobicoke becuase that is the Humber radio channel also try sopcast for streamlining

Anybody know if Westwood One is covering our game this week?  Have to go to a house with no cable and no internet for christmas, hoping I can get radio ceverage at least.

874822[/snapback]

Not listed on their broadcast schedule. They've got Saints-Giants as their 1:00 game.

Bollocks...thanks for finding it though.  Maybe I'll bring my laptop and hope a neighbor has a poorly secured wireless router.  :-)

874867[/snapback]

These Luddites you're visiting, they have a phone? (Apologies if they actually are Amish, or such.)

Hmmm... not sure listening to the game on a dial-up would be among my top options, though...

Not Amish, just old school, my wife's grandparents. Fundamentally opposed to paying for television, don't know how to operate a computer let alone own one, have a ROTARY phone...I swear to god, they have a rotary phone. They don't even live in the country, they live in Northeast Philadelphia. We bought them a DVD player two years ago, last year we found it still in the box because noone set it up for the poor people.

My current lifeline is my mother sending me text msgs when something happens, non-stellar at best.

• 1 year later...

Ugh. Some of that stuff will soon be two years out of date, and I don't think I backed up the changes I made last year...

Thinking about adding a section for podcasts and such -- the guys at the D+C do one, Chuck Pollock's on WLVL with Doug Young once a week (and I'm hoping they'll also put some of Brad's interviews on WECK up once they get their new site online), and of course, bb.com multimedia and GR's Audio Vault. Good idea?

Ugh. Some of that stuff will soon be two years out of date, and I don't think I backed up the changes I made last year...

Thinking about adding a section for podcasts and such -- the guys at the D+C do one, Chuck Pollock's on WLVL with Doug Young once a week (and I'm hoping they'll also put some of Brad's interviews on WECK up once they get their new site online), and of course, bb.com multimedia and GR's Audio Vault. Good idea?

That would be great.

Maybe SDS would allow you to update front page of TBD with that information in a media block when it changes.

Maybe SDS would allow you to update front page of TBD with that information in a media block when it changes.

Yeah, I was just looking at those boxes, and they could probably use a refurb. Of course, it's easier to just tack stuff at the top of the board, but more people might see/use it if it's out front. I'd need a separate page if I want to keep the program listings, though.

I'll probably wait until the PDs set their lineups for the upcoming season to make any major changes...

Yeah, I was just looking at those boxes, and they could probably use a refurb. Of course, it's easier to just tack stuff at the top of the board, but more people might see/use it if it's out front. I'd need a separate page if I want to keep the program listings, though.

I'll probably wait until the PDs set their lineups for the upcoming season to make any major changes...

For me the best news is that WHAM 1180 AM has the Bills broadcasts back.

Seems like WCMF 96.5 is imploding, at least concerning the things that I care about!

Seems like WCMF 96.5 is imploding, at least concerning the things that I care about!

Remember back around 1980 and it seemed everyone in Rochester had one of those WCMF baseball jerseys, the white body with the colored 3/4 sleeves? I think I had a one with navy sleeves and one with dark green...

I think I had hair back then too! :)

• 5 months later...

Okay, folks, most of the schedules have been updated for the 2008 season, and I hope to receive the rest shortly. Thanks to Brad, Andy Roth, and John Hager for the information on their respective stations.

Okay, folks, most of the schedules have been updated for the 2008 season, and I hope to receive the rest shortly. Thanks to Brad, Andy Roth, and John Hager for the information on their respective stations.

WGR is broadcasting from Danny's at 20A and Abbott, not from Milligans. This is where they were for the pregame show and what they are talking about on air.

WGR is broadcasting from Danny's at 20A and Abbott, not from Milligans. This is where they were for the pregame show and what they are talking about on air.

Oh yeah? Andy did not mention that in his e-mail, and I don't see any location at all listed on their Web site. Thanks much.

No surprise, now that I think about it. Seems like they move EVERY year ...

Oh yeah? Andy did not mention that in his e-mail, and I don't see any location at all listed on their Web site. Thanks much.

No surprise, now that I think about it. Seems like they move EVERY year ...

I listen most every day, except for when I change the dial at 6 and listen to Brad, it is definatly Danny's this year. I can't find anything on their website either, if I were Danny's I would want a little bit more exposure. The last Dining Deal was for Danny's if that is worth any credibility.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
So is it true that there is no way to get a streaming audio of the game on the web except for paying for it?

I live somewhere down south and the Bills are never on TV here unless it's a Sunday or Monday night game. So usually I go to a sports bar. Last week I couldn't make it and found myself watching the play by play on NFL. com. It's a kinda painful way to take in a game - web radio would be nice but I'm a cheapskate!

If you have a Sprint phone and subscribe to their NFL service you can get radio through your phone - you should have an unlimited minutes plan though or you could out yourself in the poor house. When there was a power outage at the Ralph this is how I kept up with the game. Also, if you are going to a bar you probably are spending enough to just get DirectTV and the NFL package. This is what I did.

If you have a Sprint phone and subscribe to their NFL service you can get radio through your phone - you should have an unlimited minutes plan though or you could out yourself in the poor house. When there was a power outage at the Ralph this is how I kept up with the game. Also, if you are going to a bar you probably are spending enough to just get DirectTV and the NFL package. This is what I did.

The audio is almost always posted at

http://www.channelsurfing.net/

They, occasionally, have a video link, as well.

Video links are almost always available (at least they have been in past years) at one or more of the following:

http://homertv.webs.com/apps/auth/login?wh...OTECT-index.htm

(You have to register to use Homer TV now. It may take a day or more to complete the process, so get prepared early.)

Or in this forum:

http://www.myp2pforum.eu/nfl-cfl-afl/

There should be a thread titled "[streaming Thread", with the current NFL wk. For example, here is the thread for Wk #1 this season (2009):

http://www.myp2pforum.eu/nfl-cfl-afl/42964...n-week-1-a.html

Scroll down to the matchup you are looking for, and confirmed streams will be listed.

They also list the weekly streams in another format. Here is an example from Wk #1 this season (2009):

http://www.myp2p.eu/competition.php?compet...mericanfootball

Some of these streams are now using a new system that requires the user to install a small program (Stream Torrent). The details are here:

http://www.myp2pforum.eu/streamtorrent/421...eamtorrent.html

EDITED 9/12/2009

• 9 months later...

All right, time to drag this up from the depths for another season of Bills football. Most of the schedules have been updated; as always, any additions/corrections are appreciated. Thanks, as always, go to Brad Riter, Andy Roth, Howard Simon, John Hager, and John DiTullio for their assistance.

• 3 weeks later...