Sounds like Spikes is pissed!

Buffan00

OK I really have to leave and get some work done :(

I just want to make the point that I am not turning on spikes.

If you think that, then you are missing the point.

We can criticize players we like and still be fans of them.

I do want these comments to blow over.

I do want him to come back and wreak havoc.

But he just needs to think before he speaks next time.

Thank you all for the spirited discussion.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First off, Spikes is an extremely emotional guy. It's why he's the best player on the Bills. If we want him to be able tor recover from an achilles heel well enough to start game one play one, blitz full speed, knock Marcia's head off with the ball so it could be recovered for a game changing touchdown, we must also accept if not applaud his emotion in other parts of his personality. Fans ask these guys to turn it on and off far too much and too easily. That's Spikes. Let him say and feel what he wants. Maria Haggan is not allowed to say and feel what he wants.

Second, Spikes doesn't know. He's not really thinking about specifics and reality when he said what he did. And he said what he did emotionally and in generalities rather than issue specific. For the next few weeks, zero is changed from the placing of TV on IR, whether he was released or not. TV would not be playing, Ko will be, and TV will be right there teaching Ko all he can to make him the best player he can. So we're not, for a few weeks, going to be losing that valuable experience that Spikes is so concerned about. TV wasn't playing anyway, TV is there to teach what he can with his experience.

In four weeks or so, no one in the world right now knows how the Bills as a team are going to be playing or how well Ko Simpson will be playing. He could be great, he could suck, he likely will be somewhere in the middle. But no one knows. There is a pretty decent chance that four weeks from now he is playing at a level equal to but not the same as TV. He won't be as smart, he will make more mistakes, he won't be in as good a position, but he will likely make more hits, cover more ground, maybe make more plays. So even Spikes, a month from now, may look at Ko and say "Wow. This guy can do some stuff on the field that my man Troy can't at 35 with a sore hammy." That remains to be seen.

Thirdly, Spikes is simply continuing his frustration on a global level into a local level. He is just mad that he has never been to the playoffs. He's mad that he had to be on the Bengals, he's mad that his decision to sign with the Bills didn't mean the playoffs like he thought it would, he's mad he was hurt, and he has an impending feeling of mortality and age when he sees all the veterans leaving the team. It;s natural, it's understandable, and the one thing that is paramount in all of this is that it NEVER AFFECTS HIS PLAY ON THE FIELD.

We don't know if he wasa problem in the locker room last year, but he might have been. I somewhat doubt he was a problem. Just an emotional man speaking his emotional mind.

I'm sorry.

He may or may not be right.

772567[/snapback]

He's 100% right. The move screams rebuild!! But that's fine, the Bills are not a playoff team. let the young players get as much experience as possible!!

But it's not like the Bills cut the guy.

772567[/snapback]

They basically did cut him. He's done for the year and won't be back next year.

I don't think TKO said anything wrong, he just told it like it is. Doesn't mean he's going to give less than 110% on Sunday's.

We don't need Takeo's attitude poisoning our locker room. If he's not on board, we should seek a trade with another team. We are young and we have a promising future. Takeo simply wants to win now, due to his age. Therefore, I say TRADE HIM, for his benefit and ours.

My sense is that TKO comments were produced to some extent out of his own frustration at suffering an injury once again (getting hurt and IR'ed last year was touigh but getting a great play on the first play and then getting hurt must have really messed with his head/heart), This is not excuse (not that he needs one unless mouthing off is a persistent problem for a player) but I think it is an understandable reason which should make forgiveness easier even for those who feel he was out of line.

They also probably came out because one of the big problems last year was a dispute among the braintrust about whether they were playing for the future or for last year.

I think for the Bills the key to TKOs comments is not what he said but how it is dealt with. An example is the case when Belicheck's brinkmanship with Milloy or a few hundred K led to Milloy calling BB's "bluff". The Pats players loudly and openly called out their HC for being an idiot.

However, whether one judges it a braintrust transgression that BB mishandled the Milloy negotiation or instead you feel it was a player transgression that the workers publicly called out the field boss, the key was not the transgression but how they dealt with it.

Inspired by the question of how the team was gonna deal with the unexpected loss of Milloy, the shelacking they received from the Bills in the 1st game that year , and the beginning of a series of serious injuries, this team decided to deal with it as a TEAM and that made a huge difference.

I do not mind at all if TKO;s comments called the commitment of the braintrut into question or if alternatelty his teammates are pissed at TKO for talking publicly. If team leadership uses this as a question to come together or to at least have people state where they stand, the team can actually become a TEAM.

Likely though this will simply be passed over because the comments are not really a big deal.

We don't need Takeo's attitude poisoning our locker room. If he's not on board, we should seek a trade with another team. We are young and we have a promising future. Takeo simply wants to win now, due to his age. Therefore, I say TRADE HIM, for his benefit and ours.

772669[/snapback]

Jesus H. Christ

772669[/snapback]

:(:w00t::D:lol::lol:

772669[/snapback]

Why even bother posting this nonsense? TKO just told it like it is! He didn't say anything wrong and his words will not have any impact on the team. He will show up every Sunday and give 110%. Get a clue man, step away from the ledge, and put the pipe down. It IS a rebuilding year!

Who said he's causing trouble for the team?  So far, all I've seen is that he's causing trouble for the fans.

And considering that roughly 80% of the fans are idiots, it's more likely that Spikes isn't causing any trouble, and the fans are causing trouble for themselves.

772658[/snapback]

I assume you include youself in the 80% :(

772669[/snapback]

Come on! :(

772669[/snapback]

:( ALL ABOARD THE ROLLERCOASTER

772669[/snapback]

Do you think our locker room houses a bunch of knee-biting children who will suffer deep heaves and hand-wringing and uncontrollable weeping because a teammate made a comment? :(

772669[/snapback]

Ok so we need to trade Takeo, McGahee and now who else? We should probably get rid of Lee Evans, I don't like his attitude when he said he needs to work harder to beat the double team. He sounds lazy to me he should've worked that hard in the first game. We should probably dump Morman as well he shanked a couple punts.

Any other nominees on who to dump next?

772669[/snapback]

Ahhh, its thursday. I forgot that the Special Ed. class gets to use the computer lab on thursdays.

I love Spikes, I think he is one of the true warriors of the game. But his comments were way out of line yesterday. He has not won anything in Buffalo, or cincinatti for that matter. He should keep his mouth shut & play. The veterans on this team had 3-4 yrs under Donahoe to prove they could win. Guess what they could not do it. Guys like Vincent, his time is done, Simpson is going to make his mistakes, but the upside & athleticizm he brings to the team is enormous. I think it is a good move & spikes should be smart enough to be on board with it.