Sounds like Spikes is pissed!

Buffan00

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It actually is the only suitable metaphor ... Spikes at least should be (probably is) the face of our media franchise right now (along with McGahee), and throw in the fact that the situations are different? Pa-lease? That just proves Spikes more. You should be more pissed about Kelly saying it was re-building during a SB year then Spikes during an ACTUAL re-building year. Get off your high horse.

772904[/snapback]

Im failing to see why Im on a "high horse" here. If you dont want to discuss things and see a different POV, dont post.

Back to the issue at hand.......

Whether or not Takeo Spikes right now is the face of the franchise, in the grand scheme of things, hes not even close to Kelly in terms of stature, both as a Bills player and as an NFL player as a whole.

Now...back to your comparison (not metaphor) between what was said. First of all, why would Kelly ever say "we are rebuilding" back then? He wouldnt. So I cant possibly get pissed over something that would never happen. If you want to argue that Kelly would have gotten a free pass over any rant, in general, then youre probably right. But that plays right into my initial point that you have to be careful here. You cant say [paraphrasing] "leave Spikes alone becuase Kelly would get away with it" when as Ive pointed out, Kelly would have gotten away with (and have a right to say) a lot more than most, if not all players given his stature as an all time great Bill and as an NFL superstar, something Spikes is neither.

My sense is that folks who are worried about this should just wait.TV does not seem to be upset by this and I do not think the Bills are either. TV and TKO will talk (or have talked in which case this may in fact be a real issue) and I think that TV probably can let TKO know some things that the Bills and he have been keeping between themselves since it involved figuring what to do that served both their interests if his hammy was so bad he needed an uncertain amount of time without trauma before he played again if ever.

Assuming that TV and the Bills have some plan with this move that serves both their interests, TKO may well be assuaged as far as his reactions.

I think Spikes has a valid point. The Bills have been rebuilding for 7 years. About 80% of the teams in the NFL have made the playoffs since the last time we did. At some point, you gotta put your best players out there and try to win TODAY, the heck with next year and the year after etc. The team owes it to it's players AND fans.

It's the same thing Moulds said last year. The vets want to win and I don't blame 'em. Everytime the team is on the cusp of being good, they decide it's time to rebuild. Like benching Flutie for RJ, or running off Blue Dredsloe to start a rookie. I'm sick of it.

Takeo's right. You go Takeo.