Sounds like Spikes is pissed!

Buffan00

Well you can say that for just about any controversy can't you?

Yeah - and most of the energy wasted on such things is just that.

Have you never commented about controversial commentson this message board? Isn't that what this place is for?

I probably haven't. I generally don't care what people say. I care what they DO. Spikes is a terrific player who plays his ass off every down.

I feel like takeo's comments to the newspaper were wrong

and unproductive. Why shouldn't I be able to express that on a message board???

772600[/snapback]

Where did anyone say you couldn't bring your myopia here? I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings. That's one of the cool things about message boards - you can say whatever and I can blast you for it.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't completely disagree with this.

I knew some people on this message board would go overboard

and think i'm expressing my hate for spikes.

Nothing is further from the truth. Spikes is

currently my favorite player on the Bills roster.

But in THIS instance he is 100% wrong to say what

he did to the media. And I will stick by that.

But I do beleive this will blow over and things will be fine.

With Vincent, that's exactly what they did.  He has played his last game for the Bills.

I really don't think too many people (outside of this board) are worried about this.  Spikes will bust his ass whenever he's on the field.  It has to be frustrating for a dude that's as intense as he is to watch veterans get shipped off while the team gets younger and continues to struggle.  Especially when he looks at the success his old team has had since he left.

I have no problem with TKO, and I'm sure Jauron understands where he's coming from.  The Bills are not suddenly in transition mode because Troy Vincent isn't playing.  We knew this was going to be a rebuilding year.  In TKO's defense of Vincent, he said:  "I don't want to take anything away from the [young] players we have in this locker room. I think we have some helluva good players on this team. But you can't replace experience."

Exactly TKO, experience is important.  Which is why the Bills are better served letting Whitner and Simpson learn on the job, and gaining valuable experience along the way.

772597[/snapback]

"I never did want to look at it that way, but you have to be a realist about every situation," said Spikes, who is coming off Achilles' heel surgery and has never been to the playoffs in his nine seasons. "Write it down on paper or even call it out loud, it spells rebuild. The thing now is do you complain and worry and go off on a rampage? No. Regardless of what may happen, we'll bring everyone together and still work toward that common goal (to win)."

What an A-Hole. Seriously folks, we needs more of TKO on this team. He's a breath of fresh air, showing some emotion and actually "caring" about this team unlike certain other players.

You didn't hurt my feelings.

But you seemed to criticize me and the internet in general for keeping controversies alive.

But then a couple messages later you say that the internet is wonderful for that reason. :(:w00t:

Which one is it?

TKO put himself in this position by making these comments public. It's not the internet's fault he said what he did.

I generally don't care what people say.  I care what they DO.  Spikes is a terrific player who plays his ass off every down.

772604[/snapback]

So you must be a TO fan then right?

Look, I agree, TKO is a great player. And I beleive i said that in my initial post. And I think he is a great guy which is why im surprised by these comments. But he does deserve to be crticized in this instance.

Why is this *rebuilding* such a shock to Spikes?

Has he not payed attention to the players we let go over in the offseason and on our emphasis in the draft?

Note to Spikes:

We would not have to rebuild our defense if they were truly able to back up all of your delusional talk about being one of the best defenses of the ages.

In fact our defense last year was crap!!!

Why is this *rebuilding* such a shock to Spikes?

772616[/snapback]

Because his entire career has been spent on teams in a constant state of rebuilding. Eventually, rebuilding is supposed to end, at which point a team becomes a contender (like Cincy did, after Spikes left). So basically, Spikes has spent his whole career on teams that have been striving - and failing - to not suck.

So who can blame him for being angry for going through his ninth straight rebuilding year. He wants to play for a contender. Frankly, I think he deserves to, instead of setting the all-time league record for playing in consecutive rebuilding years.

Is TKO still in the wrong if he voiced his disagreement with Jauron and the staff and the team first, before conducting this interview?

I'm sure every single person in the organization knows where Spikes is coming from, and probably a good number agree with him. He spoke his mind and it's over. No Buffalo Bills coach, player, staff member, or fan has one ounce of worry about TKO's effort and ability once the pads are on.

Look at the way Vincent is handling this. Within the team, it's a non-issue. It should be here, also.

You didn't hurt my feelings.

But you seemed to criticize me and the internet in general for keeping controversies alive.

But then a couple messages later you  say that the internet is wonderful for that reason.  :w00t:  :D

Which one is it?

Never said the internet was great for keeping controversies alive. You may try slowing down your reading.

TKO put himself in this position by making these comments public. It's not the internet's fault he said what he did.

No, but because of the internet people like YOU make it into something it isn't, and expose people like ME to it for longer than necessary.

So you must be a TO fan then right?

Yeah, because that's EXACTLY the same thing. Anyone else wonder why we have to dumb down everything? :(

Look, I agree, TKO is a great player. And I beleive i said that in my initial post.  And I think he is a great guy which is why im surprised by these comments. But he does deserve to be crticized in this instance.

772614[/snapback]

Whatever.

I'm sorry.

I like Takeo spikes as much as the next Bills fan.

But he really needs to keep his mouth shut and

be a team leader. He may or may not be right.

But it's not like the Bills cut the guy. And bringing this

into the media was a very dumb, immature thing to do on his part.

He is not wrong to feel that way he is wrong for running to the newspaper

and putting the young players in a tough spot. He needs to suck it up and

do what is best for the team and understand that he is not the GM or the coach.

And I know people are going to come back at me with 'He's a pro bowl veteran, he has the right to say what he wants'. Well I have the right to go burn a flag in my front yard, that doesn't make it right. I'm just saying what i think we would all be saying if it wasn't almost any other player besides spikes who uttered those iditotic remarks.

772567[/snapback]

"If your not with us, you're against us." - George Bush

Whatever.

Oh snap.. you got him there. :(

Listen, Spikes does deserve critisism for those comments. They were stupid. Especially "why don't they just put me on IR" nonsense.

Why is that so hard for you to understand?

Takeo is also one of my favorite players, and it makes it all that more annoying when your favorite guy on the squad says stupid sh*t.

We can do this all day.

But i will address your points.

Never said the internet was great for keeping controversies alive.

Lets go back in time

That's one of the cool things about message boards - you can say whatever and I can blast you for it.

If you said the internet is great because i can bring my complaints here, then how are you not saying that the internet is great for keeping controversial discussions alive?

If i complain about something and you respond.... how is that not keeping something alive?

And you said you think its great. So it seems to me like you are contradicting yourself.

No, but because of the internet people like YOU make it into something it isn't, and expose people like ME to it for longer than necessary.

This is bullcrap and you know it.

First of all. You keep exposiing yourself more and more by reading and responding. No one is holding a gun to your head.

You can ignore me if you don't like what i'm saying.

Otherwise you can argue my point and defend TKO. So far all you have done is criticize me

for bringing up the topic in the 1st place.

Whatever

Brilliant!

Because his entire career has been spent on teams in a constant state of rebuilding.  Eventually, rebuilding is supposed to end, at which point a team becomes a contender (like Cincy did, after Spikes left).  So basically, Spikes has spent his whole career on teams that have been striving - and failing - to not suck.

So who can blame him for being angry for going through his ninth straight rebuilding year.  He wants to play for a contender.  Frankly, I think he deserves to, instead of setting the all-time league record for playing in consecutive rebuilding years.

772620[/snapback]

Well said. Then-new HC Lewis tried mightily to get him to stay, but TKO quite correctly had had it with the B'gals. 2003 and on, CIN has drafted 7 linebackers in trying to make up for his loss.

sorry but we have a young team, if he doesnt like it ........we should trade him......sorry, I love spikes!  but dont cause trouble for the team, be a team player........

772637[/snapback]

Who said he's causing trouble for the team? So far, all I've seen is that he's causing trouble for the fans.

And considering that roughly 80% of the fans are idiots, it's more likely that Spikes isn't causing any trouble, and the fans are causing trouble for themselves.