Coaching costs us a win

zonabb

Anyone in a position of leadership knows that when you have made good progress and exceeded expectations, you need to protect your team, be it in the corporate world or the sports world.

So in my field, when we're exceeding expectations on a project (ie, under budget), you don't through you team under the bus by making stupid managerial decisions. You take the low lying fruit and move on. So going for a 4th down deep in Patriots territory up 10 was ridiculous. The Pats drove the length of the field and ended the game right there. Time was the only thing left to watch pass. Jauron costs his team a huge chance to start this season off with a win and gain major confidence. When you're the underdog with a young team, you can't to make stupid decisions.

BTW, am I the only on seeing penalties on the Pats lines? Early on Tripplett was tackled on a play with no call?

0-1 and on to Miami.

767418[/snapback]

Your full of B.S. because we got the 1st down the spot was very bad!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys have to be kidding me...

Dick Jauron was trying to teach a young team, that no one thinks can win, how to stick the dagger into the heart of an opponent  (one we were supposed to have NO CHANCE of beating) on the ground.  If it would have worked, it would have been brilliant.

It did turn the tide; we had our chances to make it up, but Special Teams cost us a game (did I just say that?).

767558[/snapback]

Dick's mentality is quite refreshing. I would've taken the points but I wasn't terribly upset we went for it. He was trying to show this young team to go for the throat when you see blood. What is wrong with that?

However, that 2nd half was absolutely horrible. Was it the coaching itself? I don't think so, players still gotta play.

You nuts. He made the right the call. You go for it and put the Patriots away. The Bills had all the momentum and 1 yard from your rb is not to much to ask of him or your o-line.

767599[/snapback]

great call.....ya we HAD the momentum right up to that play. Not getting the first down gave them the momentum which we never got back. The save and smart play was put points on the board and make the earn there way back into the game. Instead we pumped the home crowd up. If the game was at the Ralph you go for it on the road you take the points!

Losing coaches lose games and Juron's history say loser!

Anyone in a position of leadership knows that when you have made good progress and exceeded expectations, you need to protect your team, be it in the corporate world or the sports world.

So in my field, when we're exceeding expectations on a project (ie, under budget), you don't through you team under the bus by making stupid managerial decisions. You take the low lying fruit and move on. So going for a 4th down deep in Patriots territory up 10 was ridiculous. The Pats drove the length of the field and ended the game right there. Time was the only thing left to watch pass. Jauron costs his team a huge chance to start this season off with a win and gain major confidence. When you're the underdog with a young team, you can't to make stupid decisions.

BTW, am I the only on seeing penalties on the Pats lines? Early on Tripplett was tackled on a play with no call?

0-1 and on to Miami.

767418[/snapback]

You are an idiot...that was definately the right call. I like it...we are on the road and got them where we want them... hey things happen in a game. That's not why we lost this game.

What game did you watch.  It happen just before the guy was tackling Price.

767644[/snapback]

yup. i dont like the penalty call, but royal hit the numbers in front of the ref. Simply cant do that. I was more pissed about the phantom block in the back call on clements.

yup. i dont like the play call, but royal hit the numbers in front of the ref. Simply cant do that. I was more pissed about the phantom block in the back call on clements.

767942[/snapback]

I didn't see that block either. I am still wondering about the stopping of that play.

It was an illegal block, right where the play was happening and right in front of 2 refs. 

That isn't why we lost the game.  we couldn't stop the run, period.  Our LBers on the edge couldn't get off blocks, fill the holes, and the safties were all terrible in supporting the run today.  Period.  On top of that the DL wasn't containing the blockers to keep them off the LBers.  It was a team effort to lose.

767569[/snapback]

You have it all right. Royal was not, and both our lines looked like a bunch of weaklings out there.

great call.....ya we HAD the momentum right up to that play.  Not getting the first down gave them the momentum which we never got back.  The save and smart play was put points on the board and make the earn there way back into the game.  Instead we pumped the home crowd up.  If the game was at the Ralph you go for it on the road you take the points!

767729[/snapback]

I knew we were dead meat as soon as they stopped us on the 4th and 1.... Bye Bye Big MO, can't keep Brady down for 2 halves...and we sure didn't.. the A train needed to be in there.... bring on the fish..

I didn't watch the game (still at work for another 20 minutes), but I was following ESPN's gamecast and honestly wanted them to kick the FG. Never did I think that the lack of FG would be the ultimate decision in the game, but I didn't like the idea of gambiling...you're up by 10, sure a TD would make it a 3 score game, but as a Bills fan (having dealt with the past several seasons of crap), I would've preferred to have the guaranteed points.

In the end, it stings a bit, but it could've been a lot worse. Lets hope that the team can take their mistakes and continue to improve....we've GOT to win the next 2...I don't care who you are, 1-2/0-3 to start out the season IN THE DIVISION is pretty damn hard to overcome.

767729[/snapback]

Same thing your posts say, Mr. Sherman I presume?

So is BB a loser for going for it on 4th and one? why not, cause he was successful? You can't make the first down on a 4th and 1 without going for it, and it was the right thing to do. It started the Pats down in their own end. In hindsight the 3 points would have been good, but it would have also cost us the game cause they would have atleast kicked the field goal on their final drive with 2 minutes left or went for the TD and probably got it. Then you would be sitting here telling us about how DJ is a loser for not going for it and showing he has no faith in his team.

0-1 and on to Miami.

767418[/snapback]

Going for it was a great call. The Bills weren't good enough to get a yard when they needed it, and they weren't good enough to win. Get used to it. When you can't stop the run, you can't play "not to lose" football, you have to try to get big leads and make your opponent throw the ball to beat you. The Bills couldn't separate, and the Pats plowed thru the Bills defense all second half.

Going for it was a great call.  The Bills weren't good enough to get a yard when they needed it, and they weren't good enough to win.  Get used to it.  When you can't stop the run, you can't play "not to lose" football, you have to try to get big leads and make your opponent throw the ball to beat you.  The Bills couldn't separate, and the Pats plowed thru the Bills defense all second half.

768243[/snapback]

Good take.

It was an illegal block, right where the play was happening and right in front of 2 refs. 

That isn't why we lost the game.  we couldn't stop the run, period.  Our LBers on the edge couldn't get off blocks, fill the holes, and the safties were all terrible in supporting the run today.  Period.  On top of that the DL wasn't containing the blockers to keep them off the LBers.  It was a team effort to lose.

767569[/snapback]

You are exactly right. Give the ref an assist. I saw holding at least 3 times that was never called.

Well, that didn't happen..........coaching did not cost us this game.  Not one thing did.  But, 1 thing for sure did not, and that is coaching.  Great call going for it on 4th and 1.

767622[/snapback]

I agree fully and the reason they lost was because the D allowed them to turn around and march that ball 90 freakin yards in what 5 minutes.....We didn't make aplay that whole drive to stop the momentum........

You guys have to be kidding me...

Dick Jauron was trying to teach a young team, that no one thinks can win, how to stick the dagger into the heart of an opponent  (one we were supposed to have NO CHANCE of beating) on the ground.  If it would have worked, it would have been brilliant.

767558[/snapback]

Ya i mean lets look at the bright side, this team came out and sacked brady forced a fumble and scored. They made a statement early that it was going to be a fight. I said right away we had to go for it on 4 th and 1. I didnt like the play call, (jp bootleg maybe) but hey we went for it. on the road against tom brady you gotta make it as tough as possible. had we scored a TD there game over Juaron is a hero. it didnt work out but i was very impressed with this team, they will be tough to beat and im looking forward to alot of good games this year. 8 8, 7 9 is not out of reach. Go Bills!!!

0-1 and on to Miami.

767418[/snapback]

Sigh

You're up by 10 deep in their territory and only need a yard. It was a mistake (because it didn't work) but please don't start posting this utter nonsense. We played better than I expected, were unlucky and will be a half decent team this year.