Coaching costs us a win

zonabb

I understand his thinking- I don't agree with it- I would have taken the field goal. As long as he's consistent, I'm fine with it. Jauron is a good football coach, and the team looked very prepared today.

I was pleased with the performance.

768763[/snapback]

Adam at that time, were you honestly thinking go for the field goal?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure it's easy to second guess, but at the time it was a good idea, one simple yard ends the game, and the way the Bills were moving down field it was pretty hard to send the kickers on to the field.

767568[/snapback]

This is where I disagree...A FG or TD, there is still 24 plus mins remaining in the Game. The Pat are not out of it yet regardless...The FG just keeps the Pats down and dazed...It's another good Jab in the 7th Round of a 12 Round Fight...It keeps the doubt alive. The decision was a gift to The Patsies who are a Vet Team and understand what to do when they have been given a gift...

I don't hold it against Jauron...He's a smart Man...He'll learn from this... <_<

I HATE that call. Kick the FG- even more than the three points it keeps the momentum on the Bills side. That freaking play cost the Bills the game. Never, ever, ever give up points on the road, especially with a lead. I hated the call when he made it and I hate it even more now after Jauron said they made up their mind to go for it way before the play even came up. Look at the F'in game situation and then make the  call. They AREN'T good enough yet so that makes it even more disgusting that they took a chance like that.

The refs sucked big time- just like they always do when the Bills play NE. The refs have to be scared of NE for some reason. NE held all day long and never got called once. The block in the back calls were marginal at best, especially on the Whittner INT. Blowing the whistle on an INT return that would have been a TD while at the same time calling a bad penalty is inexcusable.

It's a GDMF rerun every MF'in time we play the CSMF Patiots. I am sick and tired of it.

Also, Vincent needs to hang it up. He is injured way too much. Coy Wire is a giant POS. The Pats torched our defense for over 160 rushing yards. No depth on D will hurt. WM was invisble in the 2nd half. No deep threat today and I have no idea why they didn't even try a deep pass. They should have been 1-0 now they are staring 0-2 right in the face once again. The more things change, the more they stay the same. Anyone who says "It was close so that's something" or "There were positives". Stick it. They lost. They should have won. It sucks. End of story.

768623[/snapback]

Actually, I would have seen kicking the field goal as the option that would be "giving up points." You should be able to pick up a couple of feet on 4th down, and they would have if McGahee ran it correctly. Therefore, with the field goal you're only getting 3 points when you should have a crack at getting 7.

As you said, you shouldn't be giving up points on the road. <_<

Just because McGahee f'ed up on the play doesn't mean it was a bad coaching decision.