8-10 point underdogs, we are.

Feel the Patriots overlook anything you should not.

I chose to phrase that like Yoda.

So, who's picking the underdogs?  Me.  New England, and most others, are probably overlooking the Bills.  I see a closer game.

What do you guys/women think?

761319[/snapback]

I chose to phrase that like Yoda.

So, who's picking the underdogs?  Me.  New England, and most others, are probably overlooking the Bills.  I see a closer game.

What do you guys/women think?

761319[/snapback]

hard to see, it is.

Will bills of last preseason show up, with no mistakes.

Dark side(NE), clouds the mind.

I think the Bills will cover the spread.

....Winning is another thing. I'm trying not to be overly optimistic, that way a good season will surprise me, and a bad one won't disappoint nearly as much.

....Winning is another thing. I'm trying not to be overly optimistic, that way a good season will surprise me, and a bad one won't disappoint nearly as much.

761370[/snapback]

:w00t: There is a big difference from a pessimist with unrealistic expectations and an optimist. The former aims high and cries when it doesn't happy. The second aims high, and adjusts expectation and sees the positives if it doesn't end up so high.

I'm hoping for us to be a very competitive football team, and the big surprise of the year. Not going to go 15-1 and have homefield through the playoffs, but there is no reason we can't start the season wanting to 10-6 and adjust down expectations if we aren't going to make it. I can be very happy with a 7-9 season if it is the right 7-9 building for the future. The goal is to win a Super Bowl, and I want this core to do everything they can to get there in the next 3-4 years, starting with a good 2006.

As I've said in previous posts, since 2000 37% of teams coming off of 5-11 seasons have won 10 or more games the following season. Not impossible odds historically, so expecting 6-10 just so you don't have your spirits crushed seems a little defeatist and depressing.

:w00t:  There is a big difference from a pessimist with unrealistic expectations and an optimist.  The former aims high and cries when it doesn't happy.  The second aims high, and adjusts expectation and sees the positives if it doesn't end up so high.

I'm hoping for us to be a very competitive football team, and the big surprise of the year.  Not going to go 15-1 and have homefield through the playoffs, but there is no reason we can't start the season wanting to 10-6 and adjust down expectations if we aren't going to make it.  I can be very happy with a 7-9 season if it is the right 7-9 building for the future.  The goal is to win a Super Bowl, and I want this core to do everything they can to get there in the next 3-4 years, starting with a good 2006.

As I've said in previous posts, since 2000 37% of teams coming off of 5-11 seasons have won 10 or more games the following season.  Not impossible odds historically, so expecting 6-10 just so you don't have your spirits crushed seems a little defeatist and depressing.

761431[/snapback]

I just found this site while searching for the Bills' over-under win total for the season:

http://www.twominutewarning.com/seasonwins2005.htm

Interesting stuff. For a five win team in recent years, the average win total the following season is 7 wins.

:w00t:  There is a big difference from a pessimist with unrealistic expectations and an optimist.  The former aims high and cries when it doesn't happy.  The second aims high, and adjusts expectation and sees the positives if it doesn't end up so high.

I'm hoping for us to be a very competitive football team, and the big surprise of the year.  Not going to go 15-1 and have homefield through the playoffs, but there is no reason we can't start the season wanting to 10-6 and adjust down expectations if we aren't going to make it.  I can be very happy with a 7-9 season if it is the right 7-9 building for the future.  The goal is to win a Super Bowl, and I want this core to do everything they can to get there in the next 3-4 years, starting with a good 2006.

As I've said in previous posts, since 2000 37% of teams coming off of 5-11 seasons have won 10 or more games the following season.  Not impossible odds historically, so expecting 6-10 just so you don't have your spirits crushed seems a little defeatist and depressing.

761431[/snapback]

I agree we can have a good season, but I still don't think we will go into NE and win.

Looks like ESPN might have jumped the gun a bit.

Shoulda known better than to trust the Extra Suspicious rePorting Network after all the "Sherman to be Bills next head coach" crap, among other things.

And while it looks like he won't miss the game, I still think Maroney was/is injured and won't see a lot of playing time against the Bills. You don't just miss a week of practice and a pre-season game for no reason when you're a rookie.

And it sounds like Jonathan Smith is playing WR for the Pats as well as he did for the Bills. :w00t:

And while it looks like he won't miss the game, I still think Maroney was/is injured and won't see a lot of playing time against the Bills.  You don't just miss a week of practice and a pre-season game for no reason when you're a rookie.

I'm sure he was injured, but it looks like it was nothing serious, and shouldn't keep him out of any action.

And it sounds like Jonathan Smith is playing WR for the Pats as well as he did for the Bills. :w00t:

Well, the guy the Pats cut to make room for him made it to the practice squad, so I'm cool with it.

I'm sure he was injured, but it looks like it was nothing serious, and shouldn't keep him out of any action.

Maybe true, but reports were that he was limping and had a brace on his knee.

Well, the guy the Pats cut to make room for him made it to the practice squad, so I'm cool with it.

I didn't figure Childress would get any takers anyway. IIRC he'd have to have been added to a team's 53-man roster if claimed on waivers.

Just for ***** and giggles I have a $5 friendly bet with a Patsy fan - he gave me 10 1/2 points.  :(

761798[/snapback]

You should have asked for 21 - he probably would have given it to you. I listened to a Pats podcast to see what they are thinking about this game. They think the Pats are going to win 45 - 10. If the Bills only win 4 games this year I hope 2 are against the Pats & 2 against the Fins.

You should have asked for 21 - he probably would have given it to you. I listened to a Pats podcast to see what they are thinking about this game. They think the Pats are going to win 45 - 10. If the Bills only win 4 games this year I hope 2 are against the Pats & 2 against the Fins.

761856[/snapback]

He wanted to only give me seven. I told him to come back when he wanted to bet. :doh:

Then he wanted ten points, but I insisted on 10 1/2.

I LOVE the Bills, but they really disappointed me last year. :(

Pats 35  Bills 7. It's Belicheck he doesn't overlook anyone

761553[/snapback]

What does he have to plan against?

He can't use last years film, and I doubt the Bills showed anything but "vanilla" plays in pre-season.

I think I will take the points.

What does he have to plan against?

He can't use last years film, and I doubt the Bills showed anything but "vanilla" plays in pre-season.

I think I will take the points.

762217[/snapback]

Interesting question ! My guess is that BB will try to stop the run and force JP to beat us with his arm until proven he can beat them deep.

Once JP beats them deep they go back to normal defense and disguise the blitz as much as possible.

Defenders are jumping the route with JP, I think BB will try to jump a few routes as well. Just like in the Detroit game. That was close call that would have been returned for 6 points.

:angry:  ;)  :doh:

I forgot.

Do you think that is why they signed him?

762231[/snapback]

I'd be willing to bet that signing was 80% physical ability, 20% the team he came from. I'm sure he has had more than a couple of meetings will Bill and his defensive coaches.