Hey today's game was a VICTORY

Let's call a spade a spade. For the overwhelming majority of folks on this board this was a GREAT day! With another Bills' loss you can come on here and B word and moan about how bad this team is! HAPPY DAYS! :) Hooray for another week of endless posts about how TD sucks, MM sucks, Bledsoe sucks, McGahee sucks- hell, I'm surprised I haven't seen a post yet talking about how the Jills suck.

For the majority of folks on this board a win today would have been a DISASTER. What would they be able to talk about for the next week if the Bills had won? Yes indeed, it was a GREAT day to be a Bills fan today as long as you are a member of TBD.

Forget the fact that team showed that they can play with the best team in the league. Forget the fact that this team came out and made significant strides offensively. Forget the fact that, yet again, there were a number of horrendous calls that went the other way. Forget the fact that the man responsible for 2 Pat's TDs and numerous 3rd down conversions is our SECOND STRING SS. And most importantly, forget the fact that it was a damn entertaining game to watch. Instead let's focus on what we really love...THE NEGATIVITY! YAY!!!

Let's talk about which teams we can 'adopt' and cheer for instead while TD takes this team down to Dante's second level of hell. Or perhaps we can make the assanine statment that the Bills are akin to the Arizona Cardinals (who couldn't draw a crowd even if they offered free lap dances from the cheerleaders). Or even better we can talk about we can't even look forward to a high draft pick since we foolishly wasted our pick on a QB who is injured.

All I have to say is that I am glad that so many on this board find solace in the Bills losing. And I will weep for them when the Bills turn this thing around and they left with nothing to complain about. But hopefully by that time they will have found something new to B word and moan about, cause this negativity is killing this board.

Forget the fact that team showed that they can play with the best team in the league. Forget the fact that this team came out and made significant strides offensively.

54897[/snapback]

i guess you consider a few bombs and 1 TD "significant strides" offensively...its about damn time we went downfield, but our offense has yet to mount a sustained drive of 10 plays and 5+ mins...not to mention to hand that 3rd and short seems to be the designated "holding" down...

Let's call a spade a spade. For the overwhelming majority of folks on this board this was a GREAT day! With another Bills' loss you can come on here and B word and moan about how bad this team is! HAPPY DAYS! :angry: Hooray for another week of endless posts about how TD sucks, MM sucks, Bledsoe sucks, McGahee sucks- hell, I'm surprised I haven't seen a post yet talking about how the Jills suck.

For the majority of folks on this board a win today would have been a DISASTER. What would they be able to talk about for the next week if the Bills had won? Yes indeed, it was a GREAT day to be a Bills fan today as long as you are a member of TBD.

Forget the fact that team showed that they can play with the best team in the league. Forget the fact that this team came out and made significant strides offensively. Forget the fact that, yet again, there were a number of horrendous calls that went the other way. Forget the fact that the man responsible for 2 Pat's TDs and numerous 3rd down conversions is our SECOND STRING SS. And most importantly, forget the fact that it was a damn entertaining game to watch. Instead let's focus on what we really love...THE NEGATIVITY! YAY!!!

Let's talk about which teams we can 'adopt' and cheer for instead while TD takes this team down to Dante's second level of hell. Or perhaps we can make the assanine statment that the Bills are akin to the Arizona Cardinals (who couldn't draw a crowd even if they offered free lap dances from the cheerleaders). Or even better we can talk about we can't even look forward to a high draft pick since we foolishly wasted our pick on a QB who is injured.

All I have to say is that I am glad that so many on this board find solace in the Bills losing. And I will weep for them when the Bills turn this thing around and they left with nothing to complain about. But hopefully by that time they will have found something new to B word and moan about, cause this negativity is killing this board.

54897[/snapback]

You forgot one,

the game went over, not under. :)

Let's call a spade a spade. For the overwhelming majority of folks on this board this was a GREAT day! With another Bills' loss you can come on here and B word and moan about how bad this team is! HAPPY DAYS! :angry: Hooray for another week of endless posts about how TD sucks, MM sucks, Bledsoe sucks, McGahee sucks- hell, I'm surprised I haven't seen a post yet talking about how the Jills suck.

54897[/snapback]

Win...lose...all anyone talks about is how much Bledsoe does/doesn't suck anyway.

And your post was dumber than most of those... :)

I was with you until the Arizona comment. I think Denny Green is going to turn that ship around.

This team is more frustrating than bad. We have been in all three games with some tough opponents. That does not scream "suck". Maybe this team has reached it's peak, but they aren't as bad as everyone is wailing about.

You honestly think we enjoy complaining about them losing? Yeah, I root for them to lose so I can B word about them. You're a fugging moron.

54916[/snapback]

Steve, you weren't one of the ones I was refering too. However, yes. There are plenty of people on this board that deep down enjoy this team losing because it gives them something to complain about.

And if you think that's not true, then take another look at the board over the past 2 years.

>>>Let's talk about which teams we can 'adopt' and cheer for instead while TD takes this team down to Dante's second level of hell. Or perhaps we can make the assanine statment that the Bills are akin to the Arizona Cardinals (who couldn't draw a crowd even if they offered free lap dances from the cheerleaders). Or even better we can talk about we can't even look forward to a high draft pick since we foolishly wasted our pick on a QB who is injured.<<<

>>>Let's talk about which teams we can 'adopt' and cheer for instead while TD takes this team down to Dante's second level of hell.<<<

No and yes. No, I dont care about any other sports franchise, only the Buffalo Bills. Yes, TD sucks and is killing this football team.

>>>Or perhaps we can make the assanine statment that the Bills are akin to the Arizona Cardinals (who couldn't draw a crowd even if they offered free lap dances from the cheerleaders).<<<

The Cards are in FAR better shape than the Bills. They have a professional coach and a FIRST ROUND DRAFT PICK! You remember, right? The one that TD squandered.

>>>Or even better we can talk about we can't even look forward to a high draft pick since we foolishly wasted our pick on a QB who is injured.<<<

Bro, we have NO OFFENSIVE LINE, and it will get worse when "Jennings ala Cart" moves on to another team. He wants out, and stated it point blank. McNally was to be the TD cure-all for this sack of stevestojan OL, despite the fact that teams coached by him are leading the league in sacks allowed. Furthermore, the giants OL is playing just great now that McNally is gone.

Couple the above with no first round pick, and that spells 2 or 3 years of gloom. Yes, dismal seasons of losses and more despair.

How do you view all of this? Think it looks good?

They have a professional coach and a FIRST ROUND DRAFT PICK! You remember, right? The one that TD squandered.

54927[/snapback]

It's comments like this that KILL me.

1) It's unfair to judge MM on three games. He could be a great coach, he could suck. Truthfully we won't know for at least a year, possibly two.

2) How can you say that TD squandered the pick? We needed a QB to replace Bledsoe. There are NO good ones coming out in this year's draft. So he made a move to get the best possible QB for us to replace DB with. We just used our first rounder a year early. It wasn't sqaundered.

Let's call a spade a spade. For the overwhelming majority of folks on this board this was a GREAT day! With another Bills' loss you can come on here and B word and moan about how bad this team is! HAPPY DAYS! :) Hooray for another week of endless posts about how TD sucks, MM sucks, Bledsoe sucks, McGahee sucks- hell, I'm surprised I haven't seen a post yet talking about how the Jills suck.

54897[/snapback]

Yeah, that 4th quarter was damn entertaining...if you're a sadomasochist.

You and I have two different definitions of 'entertainment'.

The Cards are in FAR better shape than the Bills. They have a professional coach and a FIRST ROUND DRAFT PICK! You remember, right? The one that TD squandered.

>>>Or even better we can talk about we can't even look forward to a high draft pick since we foolishly wasted our pick on a QB who is injured.<<<

Bro, we have NO OFFENSIVE LINE, and it will get worse when "Jennings ala Cart" moves on to another team. He wants out, and stated it point blank. McNally was to be the TD cure-all for this sack of stevestojan OL, despite the fact that teams coached by him are leading the league in sacks allowed. Furthermore, the giants OL is playing just great now that McNally is gone.

Couple the above with no first round pick, and that spells 2 or 3 years of gloom. Yes, dismal seasons of losses and more despair.

How do you view all of this? Think it looks good?

54927[/snapback]

Jeezeee, perfect example of the ignorance on this board. Give mcNally sayy more than 4 weeks ok. Considering both guards are new to the line, theyre still going to need time to gel. Are you really that mad about not having a first rounder?! Imagine if we didnt have Losman waiting in the wings right now, I cant. And regardless, we would have picked a Qb with that pick anyway and a Qb like Losman would have been the choice.

54897[/snapback]

Think about what you're saying:

"Lets call a spade a spade" followed by 3 paragraphs of cheerleading regarding an 0-3 team. I'd say you're calling a spade a club.

We can "play" with the best team in the league? Whoo hoo, that puts us in the same category as Arizona, Houston, Miami, and everybody else.

Horrendous calls? No argument there, but that's happened to us virtually every game since 1998. Those calls don't have a magical way of "evening out" as some Fantasy Land people like to say. What makes you think it will change? Why does bad officiating in the past make you feel optimistic for the future? We haven't gotten a significant break from the refs since 1993.

2nd string SS? Who gives a crap? Depth is part of football, and Donahoe is an idiot for drafting him. The Pats rookie DB's had ONE bad game - it was their very first game in Buffalo last year. They were 5th round picks or whatever and they stepped in and played well almost immediately.

Meanwhile, our 3rd round pick is in his 3rd season and he looks like he's playing the first preseason game of his rookie year.....pathetic.

I was with you until the Arizona comment.  I think Denny Green is going to turn that ship around.

This team is more frustrating than bad.  We have been in all three games with some tough opponents.  That does not scream "suck".  Maybe this team has reached it's peak, but they aren't as bad as everyone is wailing about.

54922[/snapback]

My compairson to Arizona was more about their fans and personel than their coaches etc. Their front office and ownership has been a disgrace for the past decade. Their owner is everything Ralph Wilson is not. Their fans are everything that Bills fans are not. So, while Denny may turn these guys around, it won't be any faster than the Bills do in my opinion.

As for your last comment, maybe you are onto something. Maybe the problem isn't that people are too negative, maybe it's because they aren't realistic. They are letting their passion for the Bills blind them to the reality of the situation.

Let's face it, when TD stepped into this job, this team was in the crapper. We were handcuffed by the salary cap and had an aging team. TD came in and gutted the team, then made a couple moves (like bringing DB in) that energized the fanbase. He also crafted a Defense designed to keep the Bills in every game but wasn't able to complete the offensive puzzle fast enough (the coaching fiasco didn't help matters). Thus, people saw an 8-8 team and expected that to be the start of something, they expected that the rebuilding was over. But in reality, it was just the begining.

Now we have a new coach, and the future of our offense in place (with Willis, JP and Lee). But it still needs some time to grow. So maybe people were too quick to assume the problems were fixed?

I mean, if you think of these Bills as being in the midst of a rebuilding phase, then they played pretty damn well today against the defending champs. Maybe that's where the people are differing on the board. Those that are negative were just tricked into believing this wasn't a rebuilding year, while the optomists realize it is. Thus the progress that has been made from the first game is seen differently.

Just throwing stevestojan agains the wall to see what sticks.

Point:

All of those fans who have called for DB's head ad nauseum (which is like 80% of this board) cannot also at the same time B word about next year's draft and state that TD "squandered" a first round pick on JPL, getting him basically a year early and training him within the system a year early.

You can't have your cake and eat it too....

Point:

All of those fans who have called for DB's head ad nauseum (which is like 80% of this board) cannot also at the same time B word about next year's draft and state that TD "squandered" a first round pick on JPL, getting him basically a year early and training him within the system a year early.

You can't have your cake and eat it too....

54979[/snapback]

I mentioned that earlier...At least I mentioned the fact that we all should be happy about the Losman Pick because it definitely gives us something to look forward to...

I'm not letting TD off the hook that easy though...No doubt I'm definitely A.O.K. with the Losman Trade, but I'll never believe this Team is better off with Bledsoe than they would have been using that cash to bolster this roster in other areas of need...Never, ever, ever... :)

The offense can continue to improve all they want but if they continue to keep scoring 10 points they can improve themselves right to the bench for all I care.