Should Kiss be in the rock and roll HOF?

USMCBillsFan

Should kiss be in the R&R HOF?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Should kiss be in the R&R HOF?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saying Sabbath has no talent is even more ridiculous than calling Alice In Chains and Nirvana "garbage".

Even if you don't like that kind of music there is no denying Sabbath was one of the greatest rock bands ever.  They helped define a new genre and have influenced artists for over 35 years.

737649[/snapback]

I'm just messing with you... for what it is, Sabbath is OK, at least thru Sabotage anyways.

Been over 25 years since I played them, but they're aiight.

Well, there it is, isn't it?  KISS is pretty lousy...just listen to the music, they weren't even good for what they were...but they had a great stage show!

737650[/snapback]

Outside of a few good tracks, you're right, the music is very pedestrian.... nothing any other 70's bar band couldn't come up with.

WTF, I'd still put them in though for the stage shows, innovative marketing, and huge fan base.

listen to the samples at the bottom of the page.

AFAIAC, Kiss is no more ROCK and ROLL than Hansen or the Backstreet Boys.

From that era, you have the likes of AC/DC, Thin Lizzy and Uriah Heep.

Tell me you think Kiss is better than any of those bands.

Edit: I forgot Alice Cooper, too.

Kiss...lol

737559[/snapback]

Kiss is the same as Hansen or the Backstreet Boys. Now Joe, you're just being an ass. Are the better than AC/DC? No, but different. They pioneered a a genre of theatrics in rock. A Kiss show was different than any live concert out there and I've been to many. Let me ask you, which came first Kiss or AC/DC's pyrotechnics?

WTF, I'd still put them in though for the stage shows, innovative marketing, and huge fan base.

737660[/snapback]

Drop the innovative marketing from that list and add muscianship equaled by none and you have the by far most glaring omission from the RnR HOF. Rush.

Three Dog Night belongs in the HOF. But they probably won't get it. The process is highly political. TDG was on the wrong label (Dunhill/ABC) back in the day, instead of one of the "power " labels like Atlantic, Warner Bros., Elektra, etc.

PTR

Kiss is the same as Hansen or the Backstreet Boys.  Now Joe, you're just being an ass.  Are the better than AC/DC?  No, but different.  They pioneered a a genre of theatrics in rock.  A Kiss show was different than any live concert out there and I've been to many.  Let me ask you, which came first Kiss or AC/DC's pyrotechnics?

737666[/snapback]

If theatrics is the criteria, then let them have a fuggin Tony award.

Drop the innovative marketing from that list and add muscianship equaled by none and you have the by far most glaring omission from the RnR HOF. Rush.

737671[/snapback]

I'm not even a huge Rush fan, but I defintily believe they are some of the most talented musicians out there and deserve a spot. I guess in due time they will be in. As for Sabbath, saying they don't have talent is ludicrus. Toni Iommi is missing his friggin finger tips on his one hand and can still play some amazing stuff on the guitar. They top AC/DC (Theya re good and have one of the best guitarists, but AC/DC songs all sound so similar to me), Thin Lizzy, and Uriah Heep.

Kiss's music wasn't top notch stuff, but they know how to entertain a crowd and deserve to be in just because of their fanbase and how so many years later, everyone still knows who they are.

737671[/snapback]

I heard that they had Neil Peart's drum kit from a semi-recent tour (Hold Your Fire maybe?) as an exhibit.

Sorry, but I never bought into the Kiss crap.  Musically and lyrically, they sucked.  In fact, I now have a much lower opinion of some of you now that you have revealed your Kiss love.  ;)

737772[/snapback]

You probably like that gay 80s techno crap. :lol:

I got to shoot the sh-- with Gene Simmons a few weeks back.  Cool dude...

737842[/snapback]

I got to chat with Slash a number of years ago when they did an interview in the bar of a restaurant where I was working. To this day I'll never forget how nice a guy was, but man the combination of sweat, cigarettes and Jack is a stench that sticks with you forever. Gotta love rockers.

I got to chat with Slash a number of years ago when they did an interview in the bar of a restaurant where I was working.  To this day I'll never forget how nice a guy was, but man the combination of sweat, cigarettes and Jack is a stench that sticks with you forever.  Gotta love rockers.

737857[/snapback]

;):lol::lol:

You are correc! I not embarassed to admit, I've smelled that smell and, if you replace "cigarettes" with "cigars", probably smelled that way a few (hopefully very few) times in my life.

;)  :lol:  :lol:

You are correc!  I not embarassed to admit, I've smelled that smell and, if you replace "cigarettes" with "cigars", probably smelled that way a few (hopefully very few) times in my life.

737865[/snapback]

Oh don't get me wrong, I've smelled that way myself a few times. Just not at 9:00am. I usually waited until at least 10:45.

Oh don't get me wrong,  I've smelled that way myself a few times.  Just not at 9:00am.  I usually waited until at least 10:45.

737868[/snapback]

Understood. Unless you work the overnight shift, as I did a few times. Then, all bets are off.

listen to the samples at the bottom of the page.

AFAIAC, Kiss is no more ROCK and ROLL than Hansen or the Backstreet Boys.

From that era, you have the likes of AC/DC, Thin Lizzy and Uriah Heep.

Tell me you think Kiss is better than any of those bands.

Edit: I forgot Alice Cooper, too.

Kiss...lol

737559[/snapback]

Don't stop w/ Hansen or the Backstreet Boys.

You forgot Robert Johnson, Muddy Waters, Miles Davis, BB King, Smokey Robinson, The Supremes, The Jackson 5, Howlin Wolf, Etta James, and Bob Marley.

None of those performers were rock and roll, either.

Don't stop w/ Hansen or the Backstreet Boys.

You forgot Robert Johnson, Muddy Waters, Miles Davis, BB King, Smokey Robinson, The Supremes, The Jackson 5, Howlin Wolf, Etta James, and Bob Marley.

None of those performers were rock and roll, either.

737979[/snapback]

No, but they all had talent, which KISS was sorely lacking.