Bently Injured in Brown's camp

I'm starting to think that the Browns are cursed.  Bentley this year, Braylon Edwards tore an ACL last year, the Soulja two years running, "the drive", and not to mention Modell kicking the city of Cleveland in the balls and moving the team to B'More...

We are Bills fans, but it could always be worse.

729985[/snapback]

I wonder what the status of Winslow is? You never see anything on the 'net about him

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder what the status of Winslow is?  You never see anything on the 'net about him

730034[/snapback]

Winslow is practicing and can participate in all the drills. I just read that in the last few days. I think there was something on KFFL about it.

here is one but I saw another, too.

Browns | Winslow not limited; being watched closely

Wed, 26 Jul 2006 18:22:48 -0700

Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports Cleveland Browns TE Kellen Winslow Jr. took part in practice Wednesday, July 26. Winslow is not expected to be limited in any way this summer, but the Browns will closely monitor the player who missed much of the past two seasons due to a fractured ankle and torn knee ligament. A Browns official said head coach Romeo Crennel and the medical staff will make a decision on Winslow's availability on a day-to-day basis. Winslow may even join the team for two-a-days starting July 27.

Feel bad for him, but at least we didn't break the bank in getting him.

730012[/snapback]

only a matter of time before BeerBall jumps on your case about creating a thread about a topic that already exists

Well, except for people like Edge, who is only playing for money and doesn't care about anything else.)

Did you get to watch him much last year, Mok? He ran with a burning passion you don't see many backs able to sustain for more than a few carries. I can't remember the last time I saw a guy run with that low of a pad level for an entire season. Very impressive.

Cya

If Melvin Fowler gets hurt.....I shudder to think.

730344[/snapback]

It really points out how difficult and important the task facing JMac and the Bills braintrust is.

I actually am one of those folks who is quite happy with the moves the Bills made on the OL this off-season. I think virtually anyway you cut it they definitely upgraded the potential 06 starters over the 5 whp actually started on the OL for the Bills last year.

Certainly Fowler is not pro bowler and even though I think Reyes was a solid NFL starter last year, this was at RG rather than LG. However, I think any rational assessment shoul say that even if Fowler and Reyes turn out to be merely adequate as a players, this is essentially a real upgrade over Anderson who was not even adequate at LG last year and over the good athlete but beatable center played by Teague.

When one add to this a move to the recently extended big time Peters over the inadequate MW, i think in terms of the starters we have significantly upgraded the OL.

However, what the Bentley injury shows is sinply that depth at every position is critical. The big problem which I see on the OL will actually only become really apparent if we have the same bad luck that Cleve and Bentley had as pre9season goes on or is quite likely to happen in the regular season as all pros suffer at least some injuries they take as nicks and play through them,

As far as bavk-ups, I only have some real faith that Preston will be a good player (its fortunate it is him as #1 RG Villarial is the most likely player to go down.

Adter that the Bills have a real need to train Gibson to be a reasonable replacement if necessary for Peters, and thne after that it is merely jist young player or FA spevulation or even worse hoping even a well-regarded rookie will step up.

I think we will be fine and actually surprisingly good to many naysayers on the OL to start the season. However, if we ger unlucky and even if thinfs fo fairly normally some players are going to have to develop and step up or it will begin to get very bleak by game 4 or so (and that is if things work out OK).