What if a QB emerges

puppet

I have kind of accepted that this is a rebuilding year and that it's going to be very tough for this team to put together a winning record. Having said this - what if one of our QBs emerges and becomes an asset rather than a liability.

I think this could have a dramatic impact on the rest of the team. I don't know if it will translate into wins, but I'm holding out some hope that this team could suprise me by the end of the year.

I've always admired Marv Levy and I think his heart will rub off on the team making it stronger and more resilient. Hopefully one of our QBs will be better than I expect and we'll actually see some action in the win column.

I've always admired Marv Levy and I think his heart will rub off on the team making it stronger and more resilient.

711451[/snapback]

Personally, I don't give a sh-- if his heart rubs off on the team. I care more about his attitude about it being "Buffalo Bills football."

I mean, after 6 years of being the 49ers(WCO)-Titans-Broncos-Patriots-Steelers, it would be nice to get back to being ourselves rather than a copycat bastardized amalgum.

what if one of our QBs emerges and becomes an asset rather than a liability. 

I think this could have a dramatic impact on the rest of the team. 

711451[/snapback]

Gee, ya think? I suppose a good quarterback could have a positive impact. I never thought of that. :huh:

Personally, I don't give a sh-- if his heart rubs off on the team. I care more about his attitude about it being "Buffalo Bills football."

I mean, after 6 years of being the 49ers(WCO)-Titans-Broncos-Patriots-Steelers, it would be nice to get back to being ourselves rather than a copycat bastardized amalgum.

711460[/snapback]

I totally agree. Lets be good like the Bills of the 90's.

When Gregg-o came to town he and TD had the attitude that Buffalo fans didn't know what good football was. The Bills of the 90's owned the Oilers and the Steelers. All of a sudden we are playing their style. I hated that.

If Losman or Nall emerges, the Bills will improve quite a bit and surprise a lot of people. If Holcomb emerges, it will be the biggest emergence since Rip Van Winkle. More likely, if Holcomb starts, the season will end up in the emergency ward catagory.

If Losman or Nall emerges, the Bills will improve quite a bit and surprise a lot of people.  If Holcomb emerges, it will be the biggest emergence since Rip Van Winkle.  More likely, if Holcomb starts, the season will end up in the emergency ward catagory.

711527[/snapback]

If Holcomb beats out JP in a fair competition this summer, that signals the start of yet another long, dark era of Bills football. Sadly, it would confirm for me that TD threw away valuable picks for nothing. We will need to start from scratch (again) to find a franchise QB.

I have kind of accepted that this is a rebuilding year and that it's going to be very tough  for this team to put together a winning record.  Having said this - what if one of our QBs emerges and becomes an asset rather than a liability. 

I think this could have a dramatic impact on the rest of the team.  I don't know if it will translate into wins, but I'm holding out some hope that this team could suprise me by the end of the year.

I've always admired Marv Levy and I think his heart will rub off on the team making it stronger and more resilient.  Hopefully one of our QBs will be better than I expect and we'll actually see some action in the win column.

711451[/snapback]

One of the things I am hoping is for this team to learn through adversity through the 1st 8 games....Then they get 5 Home games, which hopefully they can convert to wins and build a momentum either to the playoffs or for the next season

If Holcomb beats out JP in a fair competition this summer, that signals the start of yet another long, dark era of Bills football.  Sadly, it would confirm for me that TD threw away valuable picks for nothing.  We will need to start from scratch (again) to find a franchise QB.

711529[/snapback]

Yup

He won't be the first pick in the draft, but he'll be top 5.

712673[/snapback]

I don't see anybody else in the college game right now who could take his spot unless the team who ends up with the first pick already has a franchise QB. He is far and above the best QB that will be available in the 2007 draft.

I have kind of accepted that this is a rebuilding year and that it's going to be very tough  for this team to put together a winning record.  Having said this - what if one of our QBs emerges and becomes an asset rather than a liability. 

I think this could have a dramatic impact on the rest of the team.  I don't know if it will translate into wins, but I'm holding out some hope that this team could suprise me by the end of the year.

I've always admired Marv Levy and I think his heart will rub off on the team making it stronger and more resilient.  Hopefully one of our QBs will be better than I expect and we'll actually see some action in the win column.

711451[/snapback]

My sense of this team having a competitive and even productive season is not going to be most determined by a QB emerging who plays like a stud, but by:

1. Jauron proves to be such a defensive genius and Farrell steps up to successfully design and play call for the D that they prove able to stop the pass with the switch to a Cover 2 (which will likely be more of a Tampa 2 with Fletcher showing the field range he has shown to rack up more tackles than any other player over the last 5 years to divide centerfield duties with the aging but a;so experienced Vincent and the young talented Whitmer) and also somhow stop the run with an undersized DL.

2. The ST which has been reinforced by Marv's ST committment continues to be one of the most productive STs in the NFL for a third year in a row.

3. The O simply makes few enough mistakes to luck into wins produced by the D and ST while JP continues to learn the game, Nall learns to be a starter, or Holcomb does a good Trent Dilfer imitation with a low-mistake O.

I do not see (yet) how we are going to stop the run with our top 4 DTs on the depth chart maxing out at 304lbs. (Jauron and Farrell are going to need to pull off some schematic trick to make this work as the DTs appear to be more penetrating types and the LBs are going to have to play run support as run stoppers).

I think the ST will do OK with Marv getting draftees like Ellison and depth like Bowen and resigning folks like Aiken.

The has some potential actually with a lot of speed at WR that i can see how they will try to imitate the Rams high-flying style our OC comes from. he will have to get some pass catching production to match his running numbers out of WM to make him play the Marshall Faulk role.

Its actually quite possible to me that the Bills will be quite competitive this year if they keep games close and the oddly shaped ball bpunces the right way at the right time.

However, achievement of a good result (a winning record) is gonna be tough unless Jauron is even more brilliant than his past NFL Coach of the Year honors.