*World Cup Game Thread*

ajzepp

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right now, all I'm thinking about is Sunday.  Redemption.

718842[/snapback]

The heck with thinking about redemption,,,,Think about VICTORY...

This match has Penalty shootout written all over it...

This match has Penalty shootout  written all over it...

719037[/snapback]

I predict that Gattuso will pull a Rooney and kick Zidane in the balls just outside the box. Zidane feels like he's going to vomit, so Riberie is called on to take the kick, who subsequently bends it into the top right corner for the win. I also predict that Barthez will be kicked in the head at least once during the match when Luca Toni mistakes it for the ball. Amazingly, the severe concussion will result in Barthez thinking he's someone else, which ironically leads to a better goalkeping performance. On a side note, before the game, the Germans will show up to challenge the Italians to a "West Side Story" format dancing competition. This event ends up in a double forfeit, however, when thirty-seven Honda Fit owners appear in leotards threatening to "rumble". Film at eleven.

:lol::lol::lol::D TERRORISTS!!!!!!!

BERLIN (Reuters) - Police in Berlin said on Wednesday they had arrested two men on suspicion of placing cement-filled soccer balls around the city and inviting people to kick them. At least two people injured themselves by kicking the balls, which were chained to lampposts and trees alongside the spray-painted message: "Can you kick it?"

Police said they had identified a 26-year-old and a 29-year-old and had found a workshop in their apartment where they made the balls. The two are accused of causing serious physical injury, dangerous obstruction of traffic and causing injury through negligence, police said.

This match has Penalty shootout  written all over it...

719037[/snapback]

LOL

Obviously I meant that I was thinking about the victory.

Nesta is ruled out for the final. Materazzi scares me. Every moment he is on the field, there is a possibility of a red card or penalty shot.

Once again the midfield must be controlled. Gattuso/Pirlo/Perotta have been superb.

The last 2 times Italy faced France, Zidane was ineffective. They will have to repeat that performance.

Sadly, I think Lippi will play very conservatively in this match compared to the way he approached the Germans.

I have no true favorites in this final match...At least the cry-baby, whiney Portugese are out...

If Italy wins,,,then its good for the US, who can say that we tied the champs...

If France wins, then it would be a nice final curtain call for Zidane who is one of the best to ever play the game.....

or should the choice be made by wine...Do I like French wine OR Italian...???

or should the choice be made by wine...Do I like French wine OR Italian...???

719216[/snapback]

Italian food, french wine......that's what I'm talking about

no argument on the second point.  and that's down to Sven and his poor tactics.

the ref might have said he sent Rooney off for the stamp - but it was clear to me and the rest of england that the ref was giving a free kick for the challenge on carvalho until rooney pushed ronaldo. so despite what the ref and sven said, there is little doubt in england that he was covering his butt.

718512[/snapback]

Maybe the ref was only going to apply a yellow card for the stamp but when he saw Rooney pushing another guy he had no option than sent him off.

Elizondo is an excellent ref.

Sadly, I think Lippi will play very conservatively in this match compared to  the way he approached the Germans.

719193[/snapback]

He'll probably start that way but he's a smart coach and I have no doubt he'll change to an attack style if the game calls for it. (like it happened against Germany)

Go Italy!  Much more beautiful women and much more friendly natives then France.  Salut Italia!

719539[/snapback]

I respect the way these guys pulled together through all the bad press back at home. Most of these guys will have to find new clubs to play for when they get back and yet it hasn't phased them. One more game.

Go "one-named" bunch of kickballers.  Won't someone please make a free throw so we can be spared hearing about this crap for another 4 years?  Thanks.

719660[/snapback]

Are we all still coming over to your house to watch the finals?

Are we all still coming over to your house to watch the finals?

719664[/snapback]

I think we need to go to Chef's house instead.....I read yesterday that the North Koreans are about to drop a test nuke on Darin's house :D

Go "one-named" bunch of kickballers.  Won't someone please make a free throw so we can be spared hearing about this crap for another 4 years?  Thanks.

719660[/snapback]

If you dont want to hear about this crap it might be wise to avoid the "World Cup Game Thread" :D

I think we need to go to Chef's house instead.....I read yesterday that the North Koreans are about to drop a test nuke on Darin's house  ;)

719684[/snapback]

No, not my house. I won't be there. I have more important things to do, like going to the beach in Laguna and watching the wind erode the cliffs.

But really guys. They play 120 minutes, two friggin hours of play and no goals and the teams in the finals are decided by penalty kicks. What the hell, that's the funniest thing I've ever heard. That's like WWII being decided by a ping pong tournament. :D

No, not my house.  I won't be there.  I have more important things to do, like going to the beach in Laguna and watching the wind erode the cliffs.

But really guys.  They play 120 minutes, two friggin hours of play and no goals and the teams in the finals are decided by penalty kicks.  What the hell, that's the funniest thing I've ever heard.  That's like WWII being decided by a ping pong tournament.  :D

719749[/snapback]

Wow, Chef made a prediction on the finals! I knew you'd come around sooner or later.

Wow, Chef made a prediction on the finals!  I knew you'd come around sooner or later.

719780[/snapback]

What that they'll play two full hours of no goals and the winner will be decided by a dodgeball tournament. That's like predicting that it will be sunny in SoCal tomorrow. :D

What that they'll play two full hours of no goals and the winner will be decided by a dodgeball tournament.  That's like predicting that it will be sunny in SoCal tomorrow.  :D

719786[/snapback]

Well, I'm just thankful that you posted a few more times, cause I think there were a few of us who were a bit unclear on your position.

AD has 20,000+ posts, I suspect he has nothing better to do.

719742[/snapback]

Yet you wasted a moment of your life reading my blog. Pure genius, Steaming. Pure genius.

It's nice to know the high school pecker-checker hasn't changed much. Still desiring teenagers and looking like a fool in the locker room.

No, not my house.  I won't be there.  I have more important things to do, like going to the beach in Laguna and watching the wind erode the cliffs.

But really guys.  They play 120 minutes, two friggin hours of play and no goals and the teams in the finals are decided by penalty kicks.  What the hell, that's the funniest thing I've ever heard.  That's like WWII being decided by a ping pong tournament.  :D

719749[/snapback]

Not really. Italy scored in the 119th and 120th minutes :D. But anyways, no team I have supported has ever won a championship except for the Habs back in 93 and I was too young to appreciate it.

Let me enjoy this one if it happens. ;)

Here's a nice primer for the finals on Sunday. I knew Zidane was an accomplished player, but I didn't know he was THAT accomplished.

i have always thought Jimmy SUPERFLY Snuka would make a good soccer player..think of his ability on finishing corner kicks...flying in from the 18 with his concrete head....if Fiji only had a team

720116[/snapback]

:D I would have paid good money to see that.....only thing about Jimmy is that apparently he's about as smart as my left nut....which is not very smart. I wish I could remember them, but Piper had some classic quotes about the guy and how much of a blockhead he is. But nonetheless, he IS the superfly!

Here's a nice primer for the finals on Sunday. I knew Zidane was an accomplished player, but I didn't know he was THAT accomplished.

720110[/snapback]

In the 2 times he has faced Italy. He has done nothing.

In the 2 times he has faced Marcello Lippi in club competitions, he has done nothing.

In the 2 times he has faced Italy.  He has done nothing.

In the 2 times he has faced Marcello Lippi in club competitions, he has done nothing.

720123[/snapback]

I'm starting to wonder why Italy doesn't win EVERY world cup :D

I'm starting to wonder why Italy doesn't win EVERY world cup  :D

720125[/snapback]

Well...

they won 3 out of 17. Been in the finals 6 times.

Brazil has 5

Italy & Germany have 3

Argentina has 2

Uruguay has 2

France has 1

England has 1

Really good to see Germany about to win the 3rd place match.....they have to feel good about their tournament overall, even though the loss to Italy was heartbreaking.

Looking forward to a great match tomorrow.

Really good to see Germany about to win the 3rd place match.....they have to feel good about their tournament overall, even though the loss to Italy was heartbreaking.

Looking forward to a great match tomorrow.

720143[/snapback]

They can kiss my ass. To them, seeing Italy get that 4th star would be torture. ;):D

Schweinsteiger (no clue how to spell it) is EN FUEGO......two beauties from distance!

Wow, and there's a beauty from Portugal.....some nice goals in this game.