*World Cup Game Thread*

ajzepp

So is the UEFA cup the same thing as the champions league then??

714504[/snapback]

http://worldsoccer.about.com/cs/italy/a/italytable.htm

Juventus, Ac Milan, Fiorentina, Inter Milan go to Champions League

As Rome, Lazio, Chievo, Palermo go to UEFA.

Well this isnt accurate

the reason being that the scandals will see Milan, Juventus, Fiorentina and Lazio get deducted a sh-- load of points for match fixing. Therefore, Roma, Chievo, Inter and Palermo will most likey go to champions league.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a picaso...

714556[/snapback]

wow, see, all some people see is the goal, but all that sharp passing to set it up was a thing of beauty, too.....I love watching that kind of stuff, even when it doesn't end up in a goal.

I just rewatched the England-Ecuador game and Rooney is amazing.  He dominated that game.  Hard to beleive he hasnt played that much the past few months.

714568[/snapback]

Yep, he was looking much better than he did the game prior. I really love watching some of those Manchester United replays.....he's a stud when he's near the goal. I don't know if you get the Fox Soccer Channel, but they have some really good stuff on there. Even though they aren't showing WC games, the FSW report is like a news show dedicated to all the happenings of the game. It's awesome :lol: I just wish I could get the damn thing in HD!

An operation against the World Cup in Germany doesn't advance the new caliphite or strike at American hegemony.

A strike against a stadium or plaza full of England/Oz/Iranian fans would be fairly tastey, though. Trying to split America from its allies is a tactic they have used successfully before (Madrid), and the UK & Oz are probably the closest allies the US has (in tems of deeds and not just words). And of course Iranians are a worthy target what with them being 'filthy heretics' and all.

I do not think it likely but in their way of thinking such an attack would be legitimate (IMO) and is much more in line with previous attacks than a random attack on the tournament.

I've only really seen him in this WC.....he was awesome last game, but nothing special today.

By the way, do all the national leagues in europe start in august and run until next May or so? And when do the champions league and FA cup matches begin? I'm not clear on the time frames of all this stuff, but I want to start paying more attention, cause I'm sure I'll be in withdrawal after July 9th, lol

714489[/snapback]

As a striker, Shevchenko can't do much without decent service, which he wasn't getting yesterday. Even so, he hit the crossbar with one effort in the first half and was narrowly wide with another in the second half, the ball being struck so early that the keeper didn't even see it.

one of the ghana players got a yellow card for diving. To his credit, it was a dive that definitely made the Italians jealous.

714775[/snapback]

I actually can't blame them for diving against Brazil, though :lol:

Thats why I put this in there.( :))

I just hope I'm wrong. :lol:

714830[/snapback]

AP reports:

A terrorist plot to blow up a stadium at the World Cup was thwarted today. Reports are that when an individual got near the intended victims, in true soccer fashion, the victims dove to the ground, prompting the arrest of the individual. It was later on revealed that the individual was planning to blow up the stadium.

AP reports:

A terrorist plot to blow up a stadium at the World Cup was thwarted today. Reports are that when an individual got near the intended victims, in true soccer fashion, the victims dove to the ground, prompting the arrest of the individual. It was later on revealed that the individual was planning to blow up the stadium.

714833[/snapback]

:lol::)

"RED CARD, RED CARD!!! :wacko:

Those soccer divers should be scored like Olympic divers. 9.5 9.8 9.9.......... :doh: