*World Cup Game Thread*

ajzepp

oh, well in that case everything is ok.  :doh:  You don't think perhaps all those apologies and the letter to fifa was so he didn't get a 5 game suspension instead of a 4 game suspension? You have to be joking me.

Fact was it was an A1 cheap shot and no amount of apologies can take that back. Ron artest apologized too, does that make it ok?

Zidane SHOULDN'T apologize if anything even remotely close to that was said to him.

721035[/snapback]

It's amazing how everyone has run to Zidane's defence even though Zidane didn't even defend himself.

The BBC has been deciphering what Materazzi said by using lip readers. Phuck em all. Whatever Materazzi said, deal with it after the game.

Did anyone think De Rossi was provoked? No, but if he was... learn to deal with it. He didn't and he got his suspension.

And besides, how can you prove that anyone is telling the truth? Is there any evidence? Just because Zidane is who he is? Let's just forget that he had 3 yellow cards this tournament, as well as 8 straight reds.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's just forget that he had 3 yellow cards this tournament, as well as 8 straight reds.

Yup, Zidane is no saint but Matterazi is probably worse. He had a straight red card this tournament, has a history of violent play - including a 2 month suspension 2 years ago for punching another player in the face.

It's amazing how everyone has run to Zidane's defence even though Zidane didn't even defend himself.

It's called logic. Why would one of the top players in the world do something so absolutely stupid in probably the biggest game of his life 10 minutes before penalty kicks? Something was obviously said and if you think your boy said "you suck zizou" I've got a pork store to sell you in Newark.

The BBC has been deciphering what Materazzi said by using lip readers.  Phuck em all.  Whatever Materazzi said, deal with it after the game. 

Did anyone think De Rossi was provoked?  No, but if he was... learn to deal with it.  He  didn't and he got his suspension. 

And besides, how can you prove that anyone is telling the truth?  Is there any evidence?  Just because Zidane is who he is?  Let's just forget that he had 3 yellow cards this tournament, as well as 8 straight reds.

721036[/snapback]

How about pretending the guy who did the headbutting was named Soprano and the guy who did the smack talking was named Napoleon. Does that change anything for you? :doh:

It's amazing that YOU of all people is defending a smack talker when your the biggest whiner on this board the second someone gets in your face about anything. Irony? Yeah...

Yup, Zidane is no saint but Matterazi is probably worse. He had a straight red card this tournament, has a history of violent play - including a 2 month suspension 2 years ago for punching another player in the face.

It's called logic. Why would one of the top players in the world do something so absolutely stupid in probably the biggest game of his life 10 minutes before penalty kicks?  Something was obviously said and if you think your boy said "you suck zizou" I've got a pork store to sell you in Newark.

721045[/snapback]

And Zidane doesn't have a history of violent play? How about stomping on someones leg?

What did Carvahlo say to get Rooney to stomp on his nuts?

It's trash talk, it happens all the time in sports. Honestly I'm sick of this holier than thou attitude people have towards Zidane. He's a great player but shows that he is also an idiot.

How about pretending the guy who did the headbutting was named Soprano and the guy who did the smack talking was named Napoleon.  Does that change anything for you?  :doh:

It's amazing that YOU of all people is defending a smack talker when your the biggest whiner on this board the second someone gets in your face about anything.  Irony?  Yeah...

721048[/snapback]

You're very perceptive.

And Zidane doesn't have a history of violent play? How about stomping on someones leg?

I JUST SAID HE IS NO SAINT, don't you read? YES, he stomps and punches and has a history of it.

Nothing - that's the point. That's why DeRossi is a bigger idiot than Zidane - he went in for a cheap shot against one of the classiest players on the US squad, while Zidane responded to a fellow lout's comments, possibly about his sick mother.

If JJ Redick walked up to Ron Artest and told him "Your mother is a n***r whore" I would applaud Ron Artest for punching him in the face.

you just don't get it.

And Zidane doesn't have a history of violent play?  How about stomping on someones leg? 

It's trash talk, it happens all the time in sports.  Honestly I'm sick of this holier than thou attitude people have towards Zidane.  He's a great player but shows that he is also an idiot.

721053[/snapback]

Amen!!!

I side with GMac on this one. Materazzi is a piece of crap.

I will say this - if it comes out that he said nothing other than "f you" or something more benign, I'll take it all back.

And there is a great brazilian camera angle that shows his mouth moving dead on - I think it will be pretty obvious what he said sooner rather than later.

I will say this - if it comes out that he said nothing other than "f you" or something more benign,  I'll take it all back.

And there is a great brazilian camera angle that shows his mouth moving dead on - I think it will be pretty obvious what he said sooner rather than later.

721075[/snapback]

Materazzi said: "It is absolutely not true, I did not call him a terrorist. I'm ignorant. I don't even know what the word means."

Heres the link with the lip reading:

Materazzi is a lying sack of sh--